💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Poker Face vs Bad Romance: Bigger Impact on Pop Culture?

Optimus

Featured Posts

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's difficult. I'd say Poker Face. Instantly recognizable hit by a still not so well known new artist. 

Laceface

I think Poker face was more sonically impacting. BR was more visually impacting

This, don't make me choose  :sweat:

VforVendetta

I love Disturbia but I personally think that Umbrella is better by far. From the production with that instrument (similar to the one Gaga used in ARTPOP during the chorus you know .. ) to the vocals and everything ... Disturbia is more basic in my opinion..

I think exactly the opposite. For the time Disturbia was released it wasn't generic at all. I find the production, the vocals and the video of Disturbia the best thing she's done by far.

I'd say Poker Face, it started the whole wave of generic redone copies after and the whole stuttering in songs and also the Oh-Oh-Oh sound we here in a lot of songs nowadays

JustPokeHerFace

Poker Face was one of the primary factors that brought electropop into the mainstream, especially for the other pop girls.

Bad Romance cemented her as a superstar.

TheFame Monster

BR

I never hear any songs from TF and TFM on the radio anymore, I'd like to though

Bad Romance definitely made "gothic" (i.e. more darker themed) pop music popular and trendy.

Poker Face made the repeating sound post chorus a thing, but so did Bad Romance, so I'd have to go with BR

It's really hard to tell. You could go up to pretty much anyone and they'd probably know the lines P p p poker face P p poker face as well as Rah Rah Ah Ah Ah. They were both huge, iconic songs that are very difficult to compare.

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived