💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Bisexuality and Gaga

Shadow

Featured Posts

Michelle

I have experienced this my entire life as I have always been very open(even with family) with being Bis-xual.

I have been told I am confused... "it's just a s-x thing" (that really gets me as I have had relationships and love with women too) just to name a few. I have also been told I can't be Bi since I am married... well that is just plain silly isn't it?  I was talked crap to by straight people and gay people and not really accepted by either. Even my gay friends now like to make fun of me and make me the joke...MIND you I don't hang out with them as much as I used to only because people grow apart and such. I find it baffling and always have that I some how don't fit in with either "group" in the end I don't care..I am who I am. I have loved women and men... I have had s-x with with both ..I have lived with both.... It really is NOT confusing at all TBH :yes: That's just my story. I always love to say I get the best of both worlds... MORE FOR ME :hehe:  I wont even get into being married and having GF's..that's another topic that people dont get with us.... ;)

Lets go take a howl at that moon🌙 -Crowley

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's because many gay people use bis-xuality as a stepping stone into being fully gay or lesbian. So when they see someone claiming to be bis-xual, they just think "oh! he/she must be gay but just not ready to accept it!"

It's really ignorant, but unfortunately thats how some people people think. 

Society has this idea of s-xuality being one sided - either you like men or women. Anything different is difficult for people to accept. Hopefully things will change though  :)

Of course I accept bis-xuals. I was just trying to explain how it can be hard to understand sometimes.

I actually wasn't referring to you, but those in the community that do not. A general message. Sorry if it came out that I accused you of not accepting bis-xuals! :hug:

If I'm 100% honest, I don't really understand bis-xuals myself. 

I'm just so used to being attracted to only one gender, so I can't imagine what it would be like to be attracted to both.

Plus, she basically said she could only be *in love* with a man. So that makes it even more confusing.. 

I'm bis-xual and I can totally relate to what Gaga says about falling in love with a man only. Not that it's my case or whatever (I've never been in a relationship) but I know that bis-xuality is VERY wide. It's pretty rare to find a bis-xual person that's equally attracted to both gender. Most bis-xual people are either more attracted to one rather than the other, however it doesn't prevent them from having s-xual intercourse or even relationships with the gender they're rather the least attracted to. Some peole only feel s-xual desire for one gender, others feel both sentimental/s-xual attraction to one or both male/female.

ANYWAY lmao I know it's confusing but that's the exact reason why I'm single and still a virgin tbh. I've never found the right person, I know for fact that I'm more attracted (s-xually anyway) towards men but I'm also very much attracted to one of my female friend right now. (I'm being friend zoned  :cryga: ). So yeah imma end it here cause it could go one forever.  :laughga:

Plus, she basically said she could only be *in love* with a man.

She's said that she has only been in love with men. I don't think she's ever said that she felt she could only be in love with a man.

rivingtonreject

If I'm 100% honest, I don't really understand bis-xuals myself. 

I'm just so used to being attracted to only one gender, so I can't imagine what it would be like to be attracted to both.

Plus, she basically said she could only be *in love* with a man. So that makes it even more confusing.. 

She said she has yet to fall in love with a woman, for reasons unknown to her, it just hasnt happened. She never said she could only be in love with a man, thats what the interviewer asked, and gaga corrected her

Michelle

I think it's because many gay people use bis-xuality as a stepping stone into being fully gay or lesbian. So when they see someone claiming to be bis-xual, they just think "oh! he/she must be gay but just not ready to accept it!"

Society has this idea of s-xuality being one sided - either you like men or women. Anything different is difficult for people to accept. Hopefully things will change though  :)

That is actually what one of my BFF's said... he explained it as that when I asked him about why I am not accepted as Bi but as "confused"

Lets go take a howl at that moon🌙 -Crowley

rivingtonreject

I think it sucks being bi (hello people, I am too). Just because she's with a man means that she's straight now in the eyes of the world, including the gay community. But that isn't stopping her s-xual attraction to both genders.

I also get crap from my own friends. I'm bi and getting married to a girl next month. So now I'm automatically a lesbian because I'm marrying one? It's called committment people. Just like my bestie being married to a guy doesn't mean she stopped being attracted to the ladies. It's bull**** and I can attest to dealing with this treatment myself.

Also, some people think Gaga lies about being s-xually attracted to women. 

I also think that people can be bis-xual but NOT biromantic. As in s-xually attracted to both genders, would and could have s-x with either, but are only romantically involved with one gender. To me, bis-xuality has more to do with what you are attracted to, and less to do with who you actually date. Obviously, if you are homos-xual, you can only be homoromantic, since you wouldn't even dream of being romantic with someone you couldn't be with s-xually lol.

Thus ends my rant. The b---h is bi. Deal with it. The lgbt community needs to accept everyone included in their acronym. I'm sick of it.

This explains me. Thank you for giving me a term bc I didnt know what to call it. I always say pans-xual but that's not quite it. I've never been romantically attracted to a woman, but am DEFINATELY physically attracted to them. Well, some lol.

This explains me. Thank you for giving me a term bc I didnt know what to call it. I always say pans-xual but that's not quite it. I've never been romantically attracted to a woman, but am DEFINATELY physically attracted to them. Well, some lol.

Glad I could help!

On bis-xuality in general, I feel like there's a stigma on it from both "ends" of the spectrum; as OP said, too "gay" for "straights", and vice versa.

I don't know, I see s-xuality as an incredibly fluid and complex spectrum. I don't consider myself bis-xual, but I think some women could be incredibly s-xually appealing (and some maybe even romantically appealing).

Maybe Gaga just hasn't found any woman who's attracted her romantically, only s-xually? idek

3 points in and ready for more

You hit it right on the mark with this one. :applause:

blubrryxkisses

I think you're spot on!

People who identify as bis-xual (or other nonbinary identities) tend to be rejected from both straight people and the gay community and are often asked to "prove" their s-xuality due to the belief that bis-xuals are actually either straight or gay and simply calling themselves bi for attention or other reasons. There are tons of negative stereotypes and attitudes about people who identify as nonbinary (they're promiscuous, "I'd never date one because there's too much competition/because they've been with the opposite/same gender!", "I don't get it, they're weird!" etc.) Thinking this way is actually a LOT more common than you'd think, even within the gay community and specifically on GGD... I've seen a lot of negativity about bis-xuality here (and every identity that's not "cis gay male" :laughga: ) which is especially sad considering Gaga identifies as bis-xual.

Many people here still deny how Gaga identifies herself. It's always tough watching some interviews with her because she's been asked so many times before to speak about her s-xual experiences with women to "prove" that she's bis-xual :roll:

The B and T in LGBT are invisible depending on who you're talking to.

Well said.

feelitinmybones

This! And also because a lot of gay people (myself included) come out first as bis-xual either because sometimes its just easier especially with parents or friends, or because (in my case) I was geniuenly confused and didn't want to take the "leap" to accepting myself as 110% gay. So people tend to think either it's as you said a stepping stone or it's just a phase, as oppose to a real permenant thing. But s-xuality in general is so fluid, I look at some men and think they're so attractive but I would never do anything s-xual or fall in love with a man. 

I think it sucks being bi (hello people, I am too). Just because she's with a man means that she's straight now in the eyes of the world, including the gay community. But that isn't stopping her s-xual attraction to both genders.

I also get crap from my own friends. I'm bi and getting married to a girl next month. So now I'm automatically a lesbian because I'm marrying one? It's called committment people. Just like my bestie being married to a guy doesn't mean she stopped being attracted to the ladies. It's bull**** and I can attest to dealing with this treatment myself.

Also, some people think Gaga lies about being s-xually attracted to women. 

I also think that people can be bis-xual but NOT biromantic. As in s-xually attracted to both genders, would and could have s-x with either, but are only romantically involved with one gender. To me, bis-xuality has more to do with what you are attracted to, and less to do with who you actually date. Obviously, if you are homos-xual, you can only be homoromantic, since you wouldn't even dream of being romantic with someone you couldn't be with s-xually lol.

Thus ends my rant. The b---h is bi. Deal with it. The lgbt community needs to accept everyone included in their acronym. I'm sick of it.

:worship:

This so much!

I would be very intrigued to see Gaga falling all over herself over a woman, I see her being this way when she has a man and it is cute. I wonder if she'd be different in a relationship or crush over a woman.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived