Die With A Smile Music Video Banner

ARTPOP track's vocals

Pain of fame1

Featured Posts

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
djBuffoon

It's a split-octave. P!nk did it in almost every track of The Truth About Love. It's helps fill out a vocal line, give it a bit more "size" and character, without needing to add harmony.

My favorite instances of this are during the pre-chorus of Applause and the chorus of Sexxx Dreams.

gagaohlala

That's just so cool. It's the representation of the ''hybrid'' in my opinion. 2 voices together which belong like Art and Pop. It's giving a cosmic style to this song.

Little Monster | Diamond | Cry Baby | Lana Del Rey

Pain of fame1

I've noticed it as well. In certain parts of the title song, there's 2 layers of vocal - both completely different. It sounds funky. There's nothing that says it cannot be done. 

Yess there's a very high fresh one and a deep autotuned and robotic one

Pain of fame1

It's a split-octave. P!nk did it in almost every track of The Truth About Love. It's helps fill out a vocal line, give it a bit more "size" and character, without needing to add harmony.

My favorite instances of this are during the pre-chorus of Applause and the chorus of Sexxx Dreams.

I've Heard it in the truth about love, but in ARTPOP, the two voices sound completely differnrt, i mean, one is like a robot and the other one is like normal gaga singing!

What is a vocal line?

I've also noiced the two layers of vocals in applause's pre-chorus, they soun magical!

Split-octave + harmonizing. Everybody does it. It's not anything special, it does not have any kind of magical meaning. It's a production/mixing technique to achieve more depth and fullness in the sound of vocals. 

elijahfan

It's pretty obvious on ARTPOP. But it's just meant to sound that way, I don't really know what you want us to explain... :shrug:

It's just the sound of the album. Don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much every BTW vocal had a lot of echo, and that was just the signature sound of the album, I guess.

djBuffoon

It's technically not harmonizing though, because the notes are the same, just one octave lower.

I've Heard it in the truth about love, but in ARTPOP, the two voices sound completely differnrt, i mean, one is like a robot and the other one is like normal gaga singing!

There are any number of programs that can take someone's voice and make it sound robotic or alien. It's a simple effect, but it works beautifully if used cleverly.

You won't find many Top 40 pop music that doesn't have a lead vocal made up of various (seemless) layers. Not to mention backing vocals. S'just the way things areeeee, sounds good

Pain of fame1

It's technically not harmonizing though, because the notes are the same, just one octave lower.

There are any number of programs that can take someone's voice and make it sound robotic or alien. It's a simple effect, but it works beautifully if used cleverly.

THISSSS, nobody understands me

It is very autotuned also i guess

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived