💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga can never "fail"...

giskardsb

Featured Posts

giskardsb

I was hoping someone would say this, which leads me to my next point: Gaga COULD make good ballads, but she could NOT compete with Adele vocally on a ballad. Jessie J is proof that an amazing voice with pop music can get you far (in the UK), but the only thing with ballads/piano albums is that it's a niche market, while pop is more encompassing. But let's be real, HARLEM SHAKE was number one for several weeks, so maybe a few ballads wouldn't be bad in the market now.

Since I can't quote OP (?), as I stated above, Gaga has a good voice, but she doesn't possess the range that Adele has gone to school for to perfect.

totally disagree.  Gaga's voice is more versatile, ranging everywhere from quiet and introspective to Broadway Brash.  She can bring  a lot to ballads. It's not all about Vocal range.  And Gaga has had vocal training since a teen from one of the best vocal teachers in the business.  Of course she is well trained.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They both have excellent voices, but are completely different as vocalists. Gaga comes from a musical theater background and can manipulate her voice to adapt to practically any style. Adele cannot do that, but she sings with tremendous emotion and seems to be incapable of being false on stage.

I don't think we should discount Adele until we actually see a pop track from her. Jessie J is the prime example of someone capable of both ballads and pop, but she's actually doing her own odd mini pop revolution of her music so we'll see next era what she's got. I don't discount Gaga, because I know she's a chameleon in terms of look and sound, but with the ballads she's given us, as well as some of her piano performances, these are truly her weak point, and there's NOTHING wrong with that. She can naturally develop it even further if she'd like, and maybe we will eventually see an iconic ballad from her.

MonsterMum

Since I can't quote OP (?), as I stated above, Gaga has a good voice, but she doesn't possess the range that Adele has gone to school for to perfect.

Without sounding like a deluded fan..Gaga has a bigger range then Adele. Don't get me wrong I love Adeles work and she has the right timbe / tone of her voice that can make her push these kind of ballads like no other. But credit where credit's due

Gaga: 3 octaves and 1 semitone

Adele: 2 octaves and 1 note and a semi-tone. 

djBuffoon

I don't think we should discount Adele until we actually see a pop track from her. Jessie J is the prime example of someone capable of both ballads and pop, but she's actually doing her own odd mini pop revolution of her music so we'll see next era what she's got. I don't discount Gaga, because I know she's a chameleon in terms of look and sound, but with the ballads she's given us, as well as some of her piano performances, these are truly her weak point, and there's NOTHING wrong with that. She can naturally develop it even further if she'd like, and maybe we will eventually see an iconic ballad from her.

Hearing Adele's vocal quality, what her range is, where her "breaks" are, I feel like I have a good sense of where she can go with her voice. I could be entirely wrong, but that's what I think.

Granted, she could most likely kill it on a pop song. I think Ellie Goulding has one of the weakest voices right now (sorry!), but she seems right at home in electronic pop, so surely Adele could make it work. But Gaga's voice can go from metal to rock to country to pop to styles that don't even exist. And it's funny how most people, myself included, didn't accept her until after they had heard her sing with the piano.

I agree with you. I would love to hear the album with just her and a piano. I've been waiting for it since 2009, when I first discovered those Stefani performances. And even though I love all her albums, I feel like her music is barely scratching the surface of what she's capable of as a musician.

MonsterMum

Hearing Adele's vocal quality, what her range is, where her "breaks" are, I feel like I have a good sense of where she can go with her voice. I could be entirely wrong, but that's what I think.

Granted, she could most likely kill it on a pop song. I think Ellie Goulding has one of the weakest voices right now (sorry!), but she seems right at home in electronic pop, so surely Adele could make it work. But Gaga's voice can go from metal to rock to country to pop to styles that don't even exist. And it's funny how most people, myself included, didn't accept her until after they had heard her sing with the piano.

You are right, it's also why Adeles voice broke down, bad technique and trying to push for that little extra in a higher range that she's comfortable with.

I never discredited Gaga's range, in face, I praised it. I simply just don't see her giving us fantastic ballads from what she's given us so far. And I agree with djBuffoon, Ellie doesn't have the best range and is HUGE, so we shouldn't discount an artist based on speculation, but on what they've already given us. "Dope", Gaga's most recent ballad (or rather ballad-like) song really couldn't make a huge impact, especially not with the accent that she places that makes her sound a bit drunk. She's great with acting and the Broadway-esque variety is awesome, but I STILL cannot see her giving us a power ballad this era, or within the next few years. I'll be GLAD to be proven wrong, I would love for her to make a nice ballad.

MonsterMum

I never discredited Gaga's range, in face, I praised it. I simply just don't see her giving us fantastic ballads from what she's given us so far. And I agree with djBuffoon, Ellie doesn't have the best range and is HUGE, so we shouldn't discount an artist based on speculation, but on what they've already given us. "Dope", Gaga's most recent ballad (or rather ballad-like) song really couldn't make a huge impact, especially not with the accent that she places that makes her sound a bit drunk. She's great with acting and the Broadway-esque variety is awesome, but I STILL cannot see her giving us a power ballad this era, or within the next few years. I'll be GLAD to be proven wrong, I would love for her to make a nice ballad.

Maybe a few more years with best friend Jameson and uncle Marlboro ;)

She's very talented but she isn't showing it this era (annoying vocals, not-so-good lyrics and performances, poor taste in aesthetics). If TFM and TF didn't happen and this was her first era I would not think she was very talented

brizoda

Exactly. You know why most people dislike pop music? Because they think they're all untalented, simple, bad songs by untalented singers with writers, producers and computers who do the work for them, but can't actually sing, because autotune and such things do everything for them.

That's what most people think, and that's why so many people dislike Pop music.

people really like pop music, look at US iTunes, more than 70% is pop music

She really can't ever fail, because she has established a fanbase and there are those that will always buy her albums until she stops putting out records.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived