💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga can never "fail"...

giskardsb

Featured Posts

giskardsb

:deadbanana: so wrong.

Look, for songs they simply want songs they like. But people do care about talent, especially with female pop stars.

Yep, and there is a much wider audience out there than simply pop music fans.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look, for songs they simply want songs they like. But people do care about talent, especially with female pop stars.

Some people care, some people dont. The bigger lart dont care. They just want to listen to good bops. If people cared about talent Kesha would have never existed, neither Katy. I like Katy but lets be real here

Stefani328

I can take my college friends as an example. They listen to pop music, but don't listen to artists that can't sing. They will turn the station, channel, and talk about how bad they sound and most won't even buy their music. Before, someone says my friends are irrelevant( it's coming),  it's just how people I know, my age and older see it. They will appreciate an artist more for their talent.

Edit: can't spell

MikeyMoonShine

most of the world cares about talent, or at least recognizes it when it comes and appreciates it.  Was Adele making "bops?"  If Gaga limits herself to "bops" (whatever the hell a bop is) she is limiting her audience.

Adele sells millions of albums and atm Gaga is struggling to even do that. Sure you are right that Gaga will always have an audience and therefore she will always be able to put albums out but she won't get the commercial success she used to just for being talented. 

That's also where all the money for the clothes, video's, performances, and projects she does comes from. She won't be able to do any of that without commercial success. 

Gaga has the potential to be huge for years like Madonna, that's why people compare them so much, it also seems to be what she wants. She wants to be a pop star so yes she can fail and I really hope she doesn't. 

But I will be here for whatever Gaga does, I love ARTPOP and I love most of her work. 

I can take my college friends as an example. They listen to pop music, but don't listen to artists that can't sing. They will turn the station, channel, and talk about how bad they sound and most won't even buy their music. Before, someone says my friends are irrelevant( it's coming),  it's just how people I know, my age and older see it. They will appreciate an artist more for their talent.

Edit: can't spell

But there are many people out there who just assume Gaga is another Pop star who can't sing (can't sing well) and has no musical talent. The GP cares about talent but do they truly know who is talented, who isn't ect? 

I know people who will dismiss all pop stars as tallentless 

Yep, and there is a much wider audience out there than simply pop music fans.

Exactly. You know why most people dislike pop music? Because they think they're all untalented, simple, bad songs by untalented singers with writers, producers and computers who do the work for them, but can't actually sing, because autotune and such things do everything for them.

That's what most people think, and that's why so many people dislike Pop music.

djBuffoon

Sometimes it's kind of embarassing to know that her current music is what's coming out of that amazing collection of artists and bands that influenced her, but oh well.. We still have lots of years to go :legend:

Would you please elaborate?

Was Adele making "bops?"

I'm sorry but Adele has a talent with Ballads and knows how to utilize her voice for it, so please don't compare electropop/europop to a classical and simple ballad.

Didymus

She mentions Deep Purple, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Judas Priest,... as inspirations and yet her music shows 0% of the creative and technical genius that these bands reached and yet I just know that she can. 

I just love all of the bands that she listens to, so I just get a little frustrated sometimes :megaflop:

Would you please elaborate?

MonsterMum

I'm sorry but Adele has a talent with Ballads and knows how to utilize her voice for it, so please don't compare electropop/europop to a classical and simple ballad.

That was exactly the point he was making :toofunny: 

djBuffoon

She mentions Deep Purple, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Judas Priest,... as inspirations and yet her music shows 0% of the creative and technical genius that these bands reached and yet I just know that she can. 

I just love all of the bands that she listens to, so I just get a little frustrated sometimes :megaflop:

And she incorporates their work, along with others, throughout her career. But that doesn't mean she necessarily wants to make music like them. Her niche is electronic dance-pop, and that is where she excels because she takes elements from these various inspirations, blends them seamlessly, and makes it her own. Not to say that she won't move on to other styles one day, but she has one of the strongest discographies in her genre. Zero reasons to be embarrassed.

Stefani328

Exactly. You know why most people dislike pop music? Because they think they're all untalented, simple, bad songs by untalented singers with writers, producers and computers who do the work for them, but can't actually sing, because autotune and such things do everything for them.

That's what most people think, and that's why so many people dislike Pop music.

It does seem like that, but majority of pop artists can't sing. It's hard to find one like Gaga that can. Pop music is a genre, where you don't really need talent to sell. You just need the right producers and take off enough clothes and BAM you have a pop star. I would love for Gaga, to someday break away from that mode, but it seems difficult.

giskardsb

But omg I do love watching this :flutter: When you hear her sing such a legendary song you just hear what she's capable of. 

exactly.  I know she is fully capable of writing her own legendary songs when she wants to, songs that would be considered as "great songs" by more than just pop fans.   I mean I love her fearless, surrealistic songwriting stuff as well, but I won't deny that I long for the  well composed, excellent work such as Captivated.  Everytime she performs a "legendary" song it just reminds me how true of a vocal performer she is, and that when that gift is channeled into fantastic songs the result is at the highest levels that music can get to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQRuYS_h-Vs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM51qOpwcIM

I'm sorry but Adele has a talent with Ballads and knows how to utilize her voice for it.

So does Gaga.  

That was exactly the point he was making :toofunny:

I was hoping someone would say this, which leads me to my next point: Gaga COULD make good ballads, but she could NOT compete with Adele vocally on a ballad. Jessie J is proof that an amazing voice with pop music can get you far (in the UK), but the only thing with ballads/piano albums is that it's a niche market, while pop is more encompassing. But let's be real, HARLEM SHAKE was number one for several weeks, so maybe a few ballads wouldn't be bad in the market now.

Since I can't quote OP (?), as I stated above, Gaga has a good voice, but she doesn't possess the range that Adele has gone to school for to perfect.

djBuffoon

Since I can't quote OP (?), as I stated above, Gaga has a good voice, but she doesn't possess the range that Adele has gone to school for to perfect.

They both have excellent voices, but are completely different as vocalists. Gaga comes from a musical theater background and can manipulate her voice to adapt to practically any style. Adele cannot do that, but she sings with tremendous emotion and seems to be incapable of being false on stage.

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived