Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner

Born This Way is a better album than 21

Quark

Featured Posts

o<(+_+)>o

I was reading a thread here were many people were saying that 21 was a better album than BTW simply because it sold more and because of the Grammys the album won. But honestly, that fact that an album is popular, or that fact that a group of people choose it as the better album over another does not necessarily mean is a better album.

21 was a good album with the typical songs about love and break up. Therefore, it was easily going to be more relatable to the GP than an album like BTW. 21 was simply an album with simple and typical songs containing a great voice. BTW on the other hand is soaring with creativity and importance, both in lyrical themes and its production. Finally, there has never been an album that quite like BTW, while there has been many albums like 21. And for these reasons and more, BTW is the better album in my opinion.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
VforVendetta

I agree. BTW & ARTPOP are better than your faves careers. (and I also own 21)

Robotboy

its a good thing you can have your own opinion right? :legend::

Remember that you are unique. Like everyone else.

Anderson123

I think this is up to the listener's criteria. Not many people can relate to Gaga's music, especially loud music, and Born This Way was a loud album. 21 was about love and break ups, many people go through that in their life or were going through that when Someone Like You came out, etc. Come on, at least the biggest album that year was by someone with actual talent.

Of course, many people here love Born This Way more than 21 because this is a Gaga forum, including me. I enjoy Born This Way more, but I still think both albums are great. Again, it's up to the listener whether they prefer an album or another. There's no "This one's better than".

Weasel

There really is no point in starting this thread other than shading Adele. Can't we just appreciate albums without saying it's better than... or...? 

Songs I like on 21:

RITD

Set Fire to the Rain

Songs I like on BTW:

MTN

BTW

GH

Judas

Americano

Scheiße

BM

YAI

TEOG

21 (2 songs) vs BTW (9 songs)

Yup... BTW wins :manicure::later: :Gaga:

Redstreak

It all comes down to personal taste and opinion. But I agree.

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

It's all personal taste. I think BTW is a lot more creative than 21, but I found 21 easier to relate to since I'm not an insecure 14 year old.

Cameron1012

your pitting things against each other with the assumption one is greater than the other

complexity vs. simplicity

songs about love vs songs about everything else

....all that crap aside, i think the most thing people care about in music is poignancy, can they feel something (any feeling at all) from the music, and if they do how intense does it make them feel

a simple song can be as great as a complex song

love songs are just as important as songs about other subjects...i mean how can you make it appear as love is not important, when it's one of the number one things people want in this live( to love and be loved ya know)

but a song without feeling, or one that does not evoke emotions is ineffably less great than a song with feeling, or that does evoke emotions

and i didnt see the other thread, but come on lets try not to pit artists together as if art can be compared like this.. 

both are great albums, theyre just different

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived