Die With A Smile Music Video Banner

The REAL reason we are experiencing a blackout...(and its brilliant)

SISTERV

Featured Posts

SISTERV

All these girls released their opening singles in the third quarter of 2013 (July-October) and since then these are the number of videos they've released:
Miley Cyrus- 3 (#4 out within next month)
Katy Perry- 2 (#3 out within next two weeks for Dark Horse)
Britney Spears- 2 (#3 in the works for next six weeks)
Beyonce- (All videos available)
Rihanna- (final video just released of era for "What Now")
Ke$ha-(taking a break)
Pink- (just finished era)

I almost feel like.....and this is a theory I might even doubt but who the hell knows......Gaga is waiting for all the other girls to kinda put out all their good stuff and then she is just going to take advantage of the spring/summer because there are currently no big female girls lined up yet for release. Its literally an open stage for the taking and all the other girls have pretty much used up the songs most likely to be big hitters on their albums...especially by April or May.

My theory is, because the tour is coming, because DWUW didn't work out, we are getting a mini hiatus because Gaga's team found a tiny advantage in the pop market this spring......its basically a blank slate. There is literally no real competition and Gaga releasing her good stuff off ARTPOP and the big hitters works better during the tour because it promotes the tour. It also sets Gaga as the frontrunner for the spring, continuing into the summer which works out in the long run for many things including:
-the VMAs -the 2015 Grammys -The big summer hit

And on top of this....if Gaga uses this time and momentum she could put out the second act somewhere during this time and it would only help its sales even further.

Basically, the theory is Gaga's team is letting all the competition waste away their ammo and energy and Gaga's team is saving theirs, so in the spring Gaga literally is the only person slaying. Its the perfect plan.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GreenEyes

Na I don't think so.

You guys think way to much Into things :sweat:

You make it sound like she is scared of her competition, and the only way for her to get a hit is for no one to be releasing anything.

inuborg

She should just release DWUW over the Summer.

Summer smash tbh :legend:

But….

2iosuf_zps6e8ff433.gif

I root for you. I love you. You, you, you, you.

I think Gaga's going for longevity with this era, and I feel like we'll get small "blackouts" in between each single era

if this was true, i would be honestly sad. because that just means that Gaga is not confident enough in her work, and she would need to have no competition, to be sucessfull.

LStephens11

July-October is four months which is a third.

January-March is Q1

April-June is Q2

July-September is Q3

October-December is Q4

so...

chrismugler

We're experiencing this because no one knows if there's gonna be another single out of the album. I'm thinking this would be like Xtina's Lotus, (One one major single release + video and then more single and done)

B.B.A. / Music Lover / Human.

Lizzie Jacobson

Adele is going to slay no matter what and Lana could possibly to especially after Summertime Sadness's sucess

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived