Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner

Why Dope should be the next single

drew

Featured Posts

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The awkward slumpy Rick Rubin production ruins the depth of the song for me and makes it awkward to listen to.

The awkward slumpy Rick Rubin production ruins the depth of the song for me and makes it awkward to listen to.

:toofunny: his production is the best on the album along with DJWS :toofunny:

ryhanna

I don't think a song about overcoming a d--g addiction is as relatable to radio listeners as a song about not wanting to be alone. :ohno:

:toofunny: his production is the best on the album along with DJWS :toofunny:

*whispers* gaga/rubins >> everything *cough

3 points in and ready for more

I think Gypsy is more relatable than Dope, not to mention happier. Gypsy feels like it should follow Do What U Want to me for some reason, it feels natural. I just think Dope would be a little to depressing and the vocals may be a turn off to some people.

I think Gypsy is more relatable than Dope, not to mention happier. Gypsy feels like it should follow Do What U Want to me for some reason, it feels natural. I just think Dope would be a little to depressing and the vocals may be a turn off to some people.

The underlying message of Gypsy is relatable, but it's hidden under the word "Gypsy" too far often for people to really get into the song like that. Plus the lyrics in the bridge, for example, make the story of Gypsy a little too personalized for Gaga.

I would argue if it's the most relatable one. Each ARTPOP song can be received in many ways. But dope doesn't stand out in that terms imho. The only not relatable songs may be Donatella and fashion, oh and applause.

Dope is one of the darkest songs gaga ever done and it is risky to release it in my opinion . Still, risk is better than so called safe choices obviously.

She needs Troy, redone, Boomkak, Nicola and everything on the fame-monster era more than Dope

:giveup:

No she doesn't. If anything she needs to continue to evolve as an artist and work more and more with new people that she hasn't with before. Working with the same people over and over is not good for her creativity. 

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived