💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Would the original AURA have smashed as the first single?

Joey1

Featured Posts

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely, i mean it would have COMPLETELY overshadowed Roar so there would be no gaga vs katy, its new and fresh enough to attract interest and controversial enough to maintain that interest

LADY GAGA/madonna/katy perry/little mix/ariana grande/selena gomez/britney spears/taylor swift

(Either version of) Aura would have slayed as a first single :giveup:

I remember reading all the positive comments when it leaked :EMO:

heavymlover

Actually, I think that the demo was changed in order to make it a bit more radio friendly. It would've done good, I guess. It's very catchy and the instrumental is great. Who knows, really.

Martijn

Stop talking about the demo version... We all liked it and it changed, but get over it...
The studio/album version slays and would've slayed as the first single... Just imagine the music video and the performances..
It's the Gaga that the GP missed in the BTW era tbqmfh

Dominic

I don't think so, I think it is a little too experimental.  

I aren't the biggest fan of Aura because it sounds a little messy. Unpopular opinion. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

MikeyMoonShine

Um noo, people hate the intro and I really think anything by Gaga would have debuted about the same tbh. Applause was a huge Radio hit and had/still has longevity. 

Maybe with the demo vocals, the intro fixed, a better bridge and and a third chorus it could have smashed. 

I don't know, I think there's a high chance that it could have. I think that Venus would've had the most success as a lead single though.

Yes.
But Applause did pretty good tbh, most of my friends prefer Applause to Aura.
I still think that if the release date stayed Aug 19, Applause might have beaten Roar. It's just that with all the bad comments, that she tried to steal Katy's hype and etc, I couldn't see Applause going to N1. And it never went N1, but it won some of the GP back.

Pain of fame1

no  :manicure:

the chorus is number 1 material but the rest is too messy and experimental  :manicure:

THIS

IT IS EXACLY WHAT I THINK

THAT CHORUS WITH MORE SIMPLE VERSES AND NO STRANGE INTRO WOULD HAVE S-L-A-Y.-E-D

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived