Die With A Smile Music Video Banner

ARTPOP Discussion & Info Database 1-4-2012 thru 7-11-2013

SMILE2NE1

Featured Posts

ryhanna

Well its not that you brought it up yourself but you made a point I chose to respond to. And I think too many people bring up her influences from other artists too often in a way thats meant to imply shes not a unique artist herself.

I mean im sure if you pop into a Britney or Madonna forum they aren't constantly discussing the artists that have influenced their work, you feel me? Its just because people have been subconsciously trained to think Gaga is not a fully credible artist on her own terms.

Anyway, So ARTPOP.....(staying on discussion)

Well, I suppose it's often brought up because of the public backlash towards Born This Way. The public has basically written it off as an Express Yourself ripoff, which we all know isn't the case, and I suppose they also bring her artistic integrity into question. Britney and Madonna haven't had such accusations questioning their originality recently.

It's not that we believe Gaga isn't original, moreso that we know that there isn't much that 100% original. All artists take influence from things done before them and make it their own. Being able to make it your own is what true originality is.

Edited by HausOfHookers

misanthrope

Well, I suppose it's often brought up because of the public backlash towards Born This Way. The public has basically written it off as an Express Yourself ripoff, which we all know isn't the case, and I suppose they also bring her artistic integrity into question. Britney and Madonna haven't had such accusations questioning their originality recently.

Exactly! That's exactly what im saying lol I just wish people on these Gaga fansites could start steering discussion in another direction....instead of harping on whether or not she has artistic integrity. I mean if her own fans can't get over it how is she ever going to be respected.

MonsterVlad

Can you give a link to it please ?

No. I just saw it in another thread but can't see it on Instagram. Probably fake.

MrFameKills

We thought we'd have new music by part 12

do you think that by any chance, PARTYNAUSEOUS will be released before Sept. 6th ?

gaga just said it won't be ON the 6th...maybe it's before that....or im just extremely desperate :sick:

wish ya good fortune in tha wars 2 come

AnglerfishbraBENUS

I'm glad we didn't get ARTPOP earlier this year... Seems like she's been writing a lot of songs lately. Europe is an amazing inspiration.

Gaga took inspiration from much of Madonna's image, and music, as well as many artists from the 80's during BTW. Whitney, Madonna, Springsteen are all clear influences on that album. Does that mean that Gaga copied them in any way? Not at all. There is nothing wrong with letting other artists influence your own. Stop being immature.

On topic: I'm hoping for some news in September. I know I say that almost every month, but I don't think we're *too* far away from some kind of announcement.

ikr. it's not coping if it takes inspiration. and she SAID that they were her inspirations
Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

Madonna fans are like Pitbull: they are everywhere and they ruin everything! DALE!

I'm a big fan of Madonna's music, but that's still funny as hell! :haha:

Americano

We thought we'd have new music by part 12

do you think that by any chance, PARTYNAUSEOUS will be released before Sept. 6th ?

gaga just said it won't be ON the 6th...maybe it's before that....or im just extremely desperate :sick:

Doubt it.

I think we'll get a single in October anyway

This whole decay of the blonde popstar is getting way out of hand. I mean, think about it. Why would she want to destroy herself? :toofloppy: tbh, I think you guys are taking her way too seriously and truthfully she's not the "genius" some of you make her up to be. This album is just going to have, hopefully, a fresh new innovative sound, amazing videos, and a whole new side of Gaga. I feel like this era will just be a breeze of success. Just giving my two cents. Over speculation kills me.

Edited by GreenCreams

Highway Capricorn

New possible lyrics

Whenever my heart sings ARTOPOP

my mind wants it to stop

living my life through your images

it won't stop until it finishes

jk,i was bored this afternoon and made this

:laughga:

Edited by Highway Capricorn