Die With A Smile Music Video Banner

ARTPOP Discussion & Info Database 1-4-2012 thru 7-11-2013

SMILE2NE1

Featured Posts

Wasn't one of the Fame Kills tour concepts a phoenix... Kanyes on the album

George Black

I just hate all the "Gaga doesn't need collabs."Collabs suck!" Some are pretty good if they are done right. Telephone was eh, since that song was complicated anyways. But her and Britney or Eminem can make magic, especially how much time she has been working on this album. 

What I like about Britney is the emotion her s-xy voice conveys. I know she's that kind of manufactured popstar, as opposed to Gaga, who makes sure to write all her own music and control everything about her art. But I think Britney's vulnerable voice would go very well with Gaga's voice. I'd cry of excitement if I heard they were to collaborate.  :excited2:  The only way it could get better is if it was Gaga ft. Madonna, but apparently that's never gonna happen...

I'd also love her to collaborate with either Eminem or Kanye. I like them both. However, if I had to choose one rapper to be on ARTPOP, it would be Kendrick Lamar. His latest album is one of my favourite albums of all times  :legend: And Azealia, of course. I'm so excited for Red Flame 

Even though I like collaborations, I don't think they are crucial for an album. Ray of Light, Born This Way and Blackout are my favourite albums and they are collaboration-free. I think it depends a lot on the album's idea and on what the artist has in mind. It's up to Gaga to decide, anyway.

George Black

Uhh I bet the Britney collab would be way more appreciated and sound way better than Telephone. Who cares if she doesn't write her own songs, that doesn't mean it will be horrible. Britney is way more of an icon then Beyoncé. You guys are so picky I swear.

This. Also, I don't understand why people dislike the fact that Britney doesn't necessarily write her music when Beyoncé is not a songwriter either. 

Yuyi.sBitch

Logically, it wouldn't be unreasonable to assume, based on the bits of information from here and there, that we should expect:

1) some form of an announcement within the next 4 weeks (unless the strategy is not to make announcements or do very late announcements).

2) the lead single in early summer

3) the album mid-to-late summer.

4) a VMA performance (unless Gaga decides not to be physically available during ARTPOP era as was pondered by Haunts)

Also, I wouldn't like a second single before the album release if the time window between single and album is less than 3 months. And ideally, the time frame between any 2 singles should be at least 3 months, preferably 4, and an album should not produce more than 4 singles, unless it undersold or has an EP.

I didn't get to read all the convo between this post and now, so hopefully this wan't already discussed, but why only 4 singles?  My logic is to have as many as the public keeps buying and then stop when the singles aren't successful anymore (or when you don't think they'll be successful anymore.) Don't we want 6 #1's for a new record?? 

I really like your list though.  I really hope it comes true!!

Wouldn't it be great if ARTPOP won best album and then at the next Grammy's the Gaga/Tony album wins!!!  :bunny:

Miel

will i am is so damn basic. i would love a janelle monae collab tbh

!!!

3 points in and ready for more

TheZoto

The only reason I can see for ARTPOP actually needing collaborations is the fact that this is her comeback album, and she'll need as many outlets as possible. If this were just her next album, I would say to go with no collabs, whatsoever.

rivingtonrebels

can someone explain that theory that ARTPOP is her first album? as hinted in the interview with Richy 

Could be interpreted a lot of different ways.  If BTW was about her life pre-Fame Era, then The Fame and TFM were her vehicles towards actualized fame rather than her true artistry.  With that logic, ARTPOP would be her first real album.

jsn

Do you guys think the first single/promo could be played "safe" (whatever that could mean) in order to get the interest of the GP back?

Since Born This Way was apparently too much for the regular audience, I'd hope the team would at least roll some aspects back as far as controversial appeal, just not in a way that makes Gaga appear to be like all the other regular pop stars.

If that even made sense  :duhga:

Forrest Gump

Uhh I bet the Britney collab would be way more appreciated and sound way better than Telephone. Who cares if she doesn't write her own songs, that doesn't mean it will be horrible. Britney is way more of an icon then Beyoncé. You guys are so picky I swear.

nah, more infamous and a tabloid fixture yeah

Could be interpreted a lot of different ways.  If BTW was about her life pre-Fame Era, then The Fame and TFM were her vehicles towards actualized fame rather than her true artistry.  With that logic, ARTPOP would be her first real album.

didn't she say born this way was her first real album

Do you guys think the first single/promo could be played "safe" (whatever that could mean) in order to get the interest of the GP back?

Since Born This Way was apparently too much for the regular audience, I'd hope the team would at least roll some aspects back as far as controversial appeal, just not in a way that makes Gaga appear to be like all the other regular pop stars.

If that even made sense  :duhga:

born this way is one of her more successful single. what're you talking about.

Wasn't one of the Fame Kills tour concepts a phoenix... Kanyes on the album

what album? you mean a phoenix is on his album?

Edited by Forrest Gump

3q425253qwewq

It's 800 page..

Still dont have tangible news

We're almost on page 1800.

Shoot me from the left.

1BYLYsC.jpg

Edited by Chinnicide

rivingtonrebels

didn't she say born this way was her first real album

yes I believe so. 

jsn

born this way is one of her more successful single. what're you talking about.

I meant the whole album/era; it seems like a lot of people turned away from her during the era.  

I have friends both irl and online that used to love her but then started to drift away from her during the BTW era, and I saw countless people complaining.

In my town at least, it seemed like people started to really actually dislike her??  Like a few people here started calling her the antichrist; I'm not even kidding. (I know it wasn't like that in other places- this is the south after all.  There's tons of genuinely stupid people.)  

BTW the single did okay, but there was the big deal about the music copying Madonna, which made people angry with her.

With Judas, some people didn't appreciate all the religious references, and they didn't look to find a deeper metaphor in the lyrics other than "oh hey i love the guy that killed jesus".

Though I probably don't know what I'm talking about, I just think the GP generally lost interest in her as she got farther into the era.

Forrest Gump

I meant the whole album/era; it seems like a lot of people turned away from her during the era.  

I have friends both irl and online that used to love her but then started to drift away from her during the BTW era, and I saw countless people complaining.

In my town at least, it seemed like people started to really actually dislike her??  Like a few people here started calling her the antichrist; I'm not even kidding. (I know it wasn't like that in other places- this is the south after all.  There's tons of genuinely stupid people.)  

BTW the single did okay, but there was the big deal about the music copying Madonna, which made people angry with her.

With Judas, some people didn't appreciate all the religious references, and they didn't look to find a deeper metaphor in the lyrics other than "oh hey i love the guy that killed jesus".

Though I probably don't know what I'm talking about, I just think the GP generally lost interest in her as she got farther into the era.

oh you meant the album, ok.