Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th

ARTPOP Discussion & Info Database 1-4-2012 thru 7-11-2013

SMILE2NE1

Featured Posts

Please  :excited2:

Okay, first of all...

1) WTF is with that weird unprofessional electronic sound throughout the whole video that doesn't even match with the piano melody in any way? :huh:

2) I thought his drum pattern would be more complex, not just Kick -> Snare -> Kick -> Snare. Also, why are those drums so... basic? :huh:

3) The piano melody sounds VERY nice... Or at least it would, because reasons 1 and 2 above completely ruin the whole melody. :ohwell:

I hear nothing ARTPOP worthy. I know that you will bash me with "OH MAH GAWD, U SO STOOPID, IZ JUST A DEMO" and listen - I have worked with a producing program before and honestly, even a demo would sound 10 times better than this. Why? Because usually, in the demo, the drum pattern is basically the same. The Demo is basically a song before a final product, without editing and just adding cheap phone quality vocals in there. I wouldn't mind the melody, but options 1 and 2 must be FORGOTTEN in the final cut. :eww:

Edited by KALEIDOSCOPE

aaronyoji

Okay, first of all...

1) WTF is with that weird unprofessional electronic sound throughout the whole video that doesn't even match with the piano melody in any way? :huh:

2) I thought his drum pattern would be more complex, not just Kick -> Snare -> Kick -> Snare. Also, why are those drums so... basic? :huh:

3) The piano melody sounds VERY nice... Or at least it would, because reasons 1 and 2 above completely ruin the whole melody. :ohwell:

I hear nothing ARTPOP worthy. I know that you will bash me with "OH MAH GAWD, U SO STOOPID, IZ JUST A DEMO" and listen - I have worked with a producing program before and honestly, even a demo would sound 10 times better than this. Why? Because usually, in the demo, the drum pattern is basically the same. The Demo is basically a song before a final product, without editing and just adding cheap phone quality vocals in there. I wouldn't mind the melody, but options 1 and 2 must be FORGOTTEN in the final cut. :eww:

i like the squeeky noise :crossed:

maybe if it were an octave lower we could hear how it goes with the chord progression. 

i mean cmon, we're all pushing gaga for a new sound, just open your mind to new things.

and honestly i didn't think much with this beat as well, i was just like "well okay......" but now, i find it intriguing. 

Edited by aaronyoji

^ I hope its colorful but not tacky.

Ugh, exactly. :yes: Most of the Fan-made covers I've seen on LM.com look like a puke of rainbow, glitter and parrot feathers. :pukey: 

Since she's torturing us with this long af wait I hope she delivers a Revolver, Dark Side of the Moon, Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, Born To Run, The Suburbs, Thriller, etc. kind of album tbmfqh  :classy:

i like the squeeky noise :crossed:

maybe if it were an octave lower we could hear how it goes with the chord progression. 

i mean cmon, we're all pushing gaga for a new sound, just open your mind to new things.

and hoenstly i didn't think much with this beat as well, i was just like "well okay......" but now, i find it intriguing. 

That squeeky noise must be changed, maybe by changing the whole synth into another or just by cleaning it up a little or making it softer, because it really brings me nothing a head-ache. :shrug:

The piano melody sounds REALLY nice and I like the complexity of it. :yes: Imagine if the keys were changed into these 90's House keys, something like the ones through-out the whole Liquorice song by Azealia :oops:

Well, I guess the beat is there for the purpose of making the whole song pattern clearer and where should keys be played and other stuff, maybe it's there for the Metronome type of purpose...

Edited by KALEIDOSCOPE

Rino

^ I hope its colorful but not tacky.

pink-friday-roman-reloaded-2.jpg

:troll:

月にかわって、おしおきよ!🌙

Pure Adrenaline

pink-friday-roman-reloaded-2.jpg

:troll:

the ass's too much  :eww:  :eww:  :eww:

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

Miel

Ugh, exactly. :yes: Most of the Fan-made covers I've seen on LM.com look like a puke of rainbow, glitter and parrot feathers. :pukey:

Yep yep. I mean, I wouldn't mind a huge mess of colors, but I'd definitely prefer

Paul_C%C3%A9zanne_108.jpg

over

800px-L%27Embarquement_pour_Cythere%2C_b

, if that makes sense as an a--logy :sweat:

3 points in and ready for more

Yep yep. I mean, I wouldn't mind a huge mess of colors, but I'd definitely prefer

Paul_C%C3%A9zanne_108.jpg

over

800px-L%27Embarquement_pour_Cythere%2C_b

, if that makes sense as an a--logy :sweat:

It does! Though I wouldn't really call the 2nd painting "colorful", because there are 2 dominant colors in the painting - green and blue, while the upper one is a nice mix. 

I think it would be nice if she used pastel colors for the background of the cover and where they fade into each other nicely :)

Paper-Pastel-Colors-2091137.jpg

preview-plain-pastel.png

Edited by KALEIDOSCOPE

What if Haunts is a house member starting the hype... 0_0

Oh how I wish I was! If the Haus reads this, I'm theirs whenever. I know some stuff about fashion and art, and I can interpret pop culture to a T. I'm also an aspiring fashion designer, more like fashion director actually. I have great concepts with fashion but I don't have any training to realize it.

Why do you guys think she hasn't told us any release dates yet?

I don't know if it's because she's trying not to redo what she did for BTW and hype everything up too much only to let some fans down or because of the hip injury  :ohno:

I think it's because the record is probably not done yet and if it does come out as a multimedia experience involving apps and all, then it takes a long ass time to make that happen. I know Björk's Biophilia took 3 years to complete, from the original idea till the record and apps came out. Her project was probably more complex than what Gaga wants to make but I don't believe a well thought-out, complete, interactive app takes less than 6 months to be made.

Now if she wants to make multiple apps (possibly one for each song?) that compliment each other with synergy, then it's really hard.

(And yeah, her hip injury definitely slowed the whole process down)

i know i loooove that a--lysis. hence "this is our last human moment before ARTPOP".

Sh*t, I didn't even remember that she said that:excited2:

I just thought about something else today. In Stache she talks about Jean-Paul Sartre "There's no exit, we're in Jean-Paul's Sartre". Sartre is known to be (one of) the key element of the existentialism philosophy, which basically puts people in charge of their life, very much the Born This Way message; no fate but only your actions/choices creating who you are.

"What do we mean by saying that existence precedes essence? We mean that man first of all exists, encounters himself, surges up in the world – and defines himself afterwards. If man as the existentialist sees him is not definable, it is because to begin with he is nothing. He will not be anything until later, and then he will be what he makes of himself. Thus, there is no human nature, because there is no God to have a conception of it. Man simply is. Not that he is simply what he conceives himself to be, but he is what he wills, and as he conceives himself after already existing – as he wills to be after that leap towards existence. Man is nothing else but that which he makes of himself. That is the first principle of existentialism."

Basically: You are what you do and you have no predisposition (genetic or from god) in the process of being who you are. You can say that you are nothing else than your actions.

I would also like to talk about Magritte, because a huge part of his work intentionally takes out faces. And we know how much Gaga loves surrealism. (She referenced Dali quite a lot, she's worked with David LaChapelle whose style is very surrealist. When she first announced the name for ARTPOP, I immediatly thought of LaChapelle to shoot the cover actually.)

magritte-on-abuse-du-mot-reve-a-propos-drene-magritte-los-amantes-19281.jpgMagritte-Le-Viol_portrait_w858.jpgmagritte-02.jpgMagritte,+Ren%C3%83%C2%A9+(1898-1967),+L

I would absolutely love if the ARTPOP cover channels Magritte, his most known serie of paintings is the first one there. A basic portrait with an absurde figure covering the face. I can already see Gaga doing this! A fabulous weave and some weird ass sh*t right in front of her face. Iconic! 

Also, when you think about it, the Fame cover took out her eyes and forehead (glasses and bangs), the 2 Fame Monster covers either took out her mouth (with the collar) or her eye and part of her face (with the hair), and the Born This Way cover took out her body... She has shown her entire face for the first time for BTW, wouldn't it be great if the next step if taking out her whole face?

Oh how I wish I was! If the Haus reads this, I'm theirs whenever. I know some stuff about fashion and art, and I can interpret pop culture to a T. I'm also an aspiring fashion designer, more like fashion director actually. I have great concepts with fashion but I don't have any training to realize it.

I think it's because the record is probably not done yet and if it does come out as a multimedia experience involving apps and all, then it takes a long ass time to make that happen. I know Björk's Biophilia took 3 years to complete, from the original idea till the record and apps came out. Her project was probably more complex than what Gaga wants to make but I don't believe a well thought-out, complete, interactive app takes less than 6 months to be made.

Now if she wants to make multiple apps (possibly one for each song?) that compliment each other with synergy, then it's really hard.

(And yeah, her hip injury definitely slowed the whole process down)

Sh*t, I didn't even remember that she said that:excited2:

I just thought about something else today. In Stache she talks about Jean-Paul Sartre "There's no exit, we're in Jean-Paul's Sartre". Sartre is known to be (one of) the key element of the existentialism philosophy, which basically puts people in charge of their life, very much the Born This Way message; no fate but only your actions/choices creating who you are.

"What do we mean by saying that existence precedes essence? We mean that man first of all exists, encounters himself, surges up in the world – and defines himself afterwards. If man as the existentialist sees him is not definable, it is because to begin with he is nothing. He will not be anything until later, and then he will be what he makes of himself. Thus, there is no human nature, because there is no God to have a conception of it. Man simply is. Not that he is simply what he conceives himself to be, but he is what he wills, and as he conceives himself after already existing – as he wills to be after that leap towards existence. Man is nothing else but that which he makes of himself. That is the first principle of existentialism."

Basically: You are what you do and you have no predisposition (genetic or from god) in the process of being who you are. You can say that you are nothing else than your actions.

I would also like to talk about Magritte, because a huge part of his work intentionally takes out faces. And we know how much Gaga loves surrealism. (She referenced Dali quite a lot, she's worked with David LaChapelle whose style is very surrealist. When she first announced the name for ARTPOP, I immediatly thought of LaChapelle to shoot the cover actually.)

magritte-on-abuse-du-mot-reve-a-propos-drene-magritte-los-amantes-19281.jpgMagritte-Le-Viol_portrait_w858.jpgmagritte-02.jpgMagritte,+Ren%C3%83%C2%A9+(1898-1967),+L

I would absolutely love if the ARTPOP cover channels Magritte, his most known serie of paintings is the first one there. A basic portrait with an absurde figure covering the face. I can already see Gaga doing this! A fabulous weave and some weird ass sh*t right in front of her face. Iconic! 

Also, when you think about it, the Fame cover took out her eyes and forehead (glasses and bangs), the 2 Fame Monster covers either took out her mouth (with the collar) or her eye and part of her face (with the hair), and the Born This Way cover took out her body... She has shown her entire face for the first time for BTW, wouldn't it be great if the next step if taking out her whole face?

Talking about surrealism... I have this slight feeling that at one point of the FAME commercial she sorta channeled Dali.

tumblr_malmzsbDFX1rvjjps.jpg

Maybe, maybe not, but this part in the Commercial made me think the most. I mean, isn't that Gaga's FACE made out of objects after all?

Edited by KALEIDOSCOPE

Talking about surrealism... I have this slight feeling that at one point of the FAME commercial she sorta channeled Dali.

tumblr_malmzsbDFX1rvjjps.jpg

Maybe, maybe not, but this part in the Commercial made me think the most. I mean, isn't that Gaga's FACE made out of objects after all?

That is without any doubt a Dali reference yes! It's really interesting how the Fame ad is indeed playing with Gaga's facial features.

Amen Fashion

Gaga referenced Dali more than one time in her career. :)

Also I would love Steven Klein as the photographor. I mean his stuff is always dark, even if he uses colours, you get a itter feeling of it.

Carolyn-Murphy-and-Karen-Elson-by-Steven