Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner

ARTPOP Discussion & Info Database 1-4-2012 thru 7-11-2013

SMILE2NE1

Featured Posts

Born Brave

I am opposed to more than 1 single before the album... 1 epic lead single is promo enough... She needs to save as much of the album for its release as possible.. I don't want to hear half the album before it's even available...

so was Alejandro but it didn't do as bad as Judas

maybe a lead single and promo single could do like Hair

In my opinion, the controversy over Judas and Alejandro is almost incomparable. People were against Judas because it sounds anti-Christian and they felt weird listening to it. The reason why Judas did so badly is not because it was a second single, it's because metaphor or not, it was an uncomfortable song for a lot of people.

I think Judas is one of the catchiest songs on the album and I love it. But I can understand why people wouldn't

I guess what my point is is that it doesn't matter how many singles she puts out before the album. All that matters is if they're amazing and if everybody can love them

Edited by mikiki

I don't want two singles before the album...the first single should be released one and a half months before the album and the second single should be released after the album and when the first singles hype died and it's out of charts and Gaga should milk the singles like she did with Jut Dance and Poker Face in order to have sales of over 5 million (in US).

Edited by BabyJean

Ursula Buffay

In my opinion, the controversy over Judas and Alejandro is almost incomparable. People were against Judas because it sounds anti-Christian and they felt weird listening to it. The reason why Judas did so badly is not because it was a second single, it's because metaphor or not, it was an uncomfortable song for a lot of people.

I think Judas is one of the catchiest songs on the album and I love it. But I can understand why people wouldn't

In Judas she took the metaphor way too far, I can understand why religious people wouldn't wouldn't enjoy someone listening "I'm still in love with Judas", and "Judas is the deamon I cling to" and stuff like that.. But Judas did fall off charts rapidly mostly because it wasn't radio friendly, we can go as far as we wan't in a--lyzing, but as long as radios don't support a song, it's not gonna go anywhere.

Look at where Gangnam Style is right now, many people don't even understand a word of it, it's all about radios.

Edited by GAGARTPOP

unicornpaparazzi

I guess what my point is is that it doesn't matter how many singles she puts out before the album. All that matters is if they're amazing and if everybody can love them

judas is the **** and you better deal with it or die trying

First of all the people who said Judas is **** need a b---h slap it is just too complex for their tiny brains

and secondly Judas wasn't properly promoted and the video was leaking a lot unlike MTN and U&I

if she can properly promote a second single then it would be ok

gurl, i love judas more than my Liver.

gurl, i love judas more than my Liver.

I was just having liver problems so I have a new found love for my liver, but I love it more than my kidneys anyways

I was just having liver problems so I have a new found love for my liver, but I love it more than my kidneys anyways

judas is the heal either way. xoxo

You guys are killing me. . . 2nd single have the chance to be a number 1 hit more than a post album singles just because of the hype and the high first and 2nd week sales.. Judas flopped because of the religion **** and If judas was released on Monday It would have gone top 5 and then maybe everything would have been different...

I don't want 2 singles before the album just because of 2 reasons.

First-I want mega epic smash lead single which means atleast 2-3 months on top (buhaha)

Second-I want the album 1 and a half months after the lead single and when the album comes out the lead single will still be very hot and popular so there is no place for a second single :) Maybe some performances of the lead single and a good song from the album (which is not released like Speechless) for album Promo.. then after the album is released she can release her second single... with really epic video and performance to push the song in top 5 :)

BigDreamer

A part of what gives gaga her success in charting is her image and standing as a performance artist as a whole. The music must be good i agree but she really needs a well recieved public image for this next era to be successful. They will play her songs as long as people like her and want to hear her. As for carley rae and the other over played acts on radio, people got bored with them and the songs because they arent as performance artists. Does that make sense? Pretty much i mean gagas career and success relies alot on not only quality music but keeping sh** together on all plaines.

Well…. At least we know that someone on this thread, at some point has guessed the right month that ARTPOP is coming out :derpga:

I'm Chloe. Except the C and the L are silent.

Dylangaga

Well…. At least we know that someone on this thread, at some point has guessed the right month that ARTPOP is coming out :derpga:

haha THIS! maybe the year too

2016 :troll:

Born Brave

Calling it now, single - April, album - July :nails:

I hope she doesn't make the same mistake and stretch it 3 months between single and album