ARTPOP Discussion & Info Database 1-4-2012 thru 7-11-2013

SMILE2NE1

Featured Posts

3q425253qwewq

tumblr_malmzsbDFX1rvjjps.jpg

I'm sorry, random, but the frame of Gaga here looks like MADEA LOL

:lmao:

Introvert

Talking about surrealism... I have this slight feeling that at one point of the FAME commercial she sorta channeled Dali.

tumblr_malmzsbDFX1rvjjps.jpg

Maybe, maybe not, but this part in the Commercial made me think the most. I mean, isn't that Gaga's FACE made out of objects after all?

she said the commercial was surrealist and dali was a surrealist artist. actually i want to say she even mentioned him but i dont remember clearly. anyway yes dali was channeled. its not a maybe

id actually really want gaga to go in a minimalist direction with this record

see, thats the opposite of what gaga will be doing, i feel. thats just not her. she doesn't rely on her laurels to do her bidding, and she doesnt just release something with little promo just because of her name in the industry. she completely works off of her own hussel unlike her contemporaries, and also, ARTPOP is about starting fresh and erasing any preconceived notions about her music. like someone said before, she's re-sensitizing her image and work so that she can reenter the public with a new beginning. 

hes not saying for her to rely on her laurels and be complacent, hes saying she needs to let her work speak for itself moreso than create this overwrought persona everytime she comes out with a record.

Edited by Introvert

Unicorn De Milo

I'm thinking that there is a big possibility of Therry shooting the cover and the booklet for ARTPOP, since he's been with her for so long, but I would love for someone like Mario Testino to shoot it tbh :giveup:

cometoogg

omg i'd love to see something like this but with gaga wearing a burqa

peace-guard-18x24fnl-500x667.jpg

Edited by rhythmico

Speaking about all the "Faceless" theories, I feel that she will bring back Candy Warhol in this ARTPOP era for obvious reasons. Pop ate her heart, then he swallowed her brain, and then he took away her face.

She is dead. She is a robot. She is a hybrid. I mean, take a look at the lyrics that Gaga posted once - "A hybrid can withstand these things...".

Edited by KALEIDOSCOPE

nath4gaga

Speaking about all the "Faceless" theories, I feel that she will bring back Candy Warhol in this ARTPOP era for obvious reasons. Pop ate her heart, then he swallowed her brain, and then he took away her face.

She is dead. She is a robot. She is a hybrid. I mean, take a look at the lyrics that Gaga posted once - "A hybrid can withstand these things...".

But I thought she said somewhere, something to the effect of she doesn't know why everyone keeps asking her about candy warhol... she seems to get really annoyed when anyone asks her a question about her.

Lab Rat

In reference to the DJWS's "Ghost" I reckon that's "Phantom Pearl" ... Lead single and potentially the telephone sequel...

He also said something about a mansion? Well what if in the video she returns to the mansion she was arrested in in "paparazzi" and the idea of a ghost could be her poisoned ex haunting her (like her revisiting the past) as she's said that ARTPOP is everything she's worked on so far ... She visits the past and deals with the hauntings by revamping them (like the "filling in the gaps of a painting" theory she talks about with Marry The Night)

I've stated previously that STARTING ARTPOP with the telephone sequel would be an amazing thing to play off considering her life at the moment is basically the paparazzi video .... Gaga hits rock bottom/ gaga gains weight/ gaga becomes crippled/ gagas in a wheelchair/ Gaga comes back again (like a GHOST (Phantom Pearl)) and SLAYS ... "The New IT Girl" :D

Shaney

Sounds good, but the general beat is too messy. :gum: I just hope for more clearer melodies and that Zedd-esque sound :legend: Imagine if both Zedd and Madeon made a single track together... :flutter:

But I have a feeling that that the bigger part of the songs on there will be more easy and light, like this.

That song you posted is phenomenal :ohno:

:nooo:  I only like the beginning tho :lolgaga:

Edited by Pyrenti

VasilisVas

magritte-on-abuse-du-mot-reve-a-propos-drene-magritte-los-amantes-19281.jpgMagritte-Le-Viol_portrait_w858.jpgmagritte-02.jpgMagritte,+Ren%C3%83%C2%A9+(1898-1967),+L

I would absolutely love if the ARTPOP cover channels Magritte, his most known serie of paintings is the first one there. A basic portrait with an absurde figure covering the face. I can already see Gaga doing this! A fabulous weave and some weird ass sh*t right in front of her face. Iconic! 

Also, when you think about it, the Fame cover took out her eyes and forehead (glasses and bangs), the 2 Fame Monster covers either took out her mouth (with the collar) or her eye and part of her face (with the hair), and the Born This Way cover took out her body... She has shown her entire face for the first time for BTW, wouldn't it be great if the next step if taking out her whole face?

She kinda already has I guess with the BR Single cover. Awesome photographs though. I especially love the one with the 2 people kissing.

3q425253qwewq

Esmeralda.jpg

Spindle.jpg

I feel like the start of the -pre- ARTPOP era was similar to this (Sarah Dolby)

Fatigue with a side of glamour. How the actual ARTPOP era is remains to be seen.