RunTheNight

I can't handle it

I'm sooooooooo hyyyyyyyped now :excited2: :excited2:

The lead single is on its way to smash this summer :Jase:

bananahammock

DJWS is such a tease 

he knows exactly how to rile up the fans 

Private In Public :udidnt:  :laughga:

But really, that idea is very interesting!!! :omg: Though I doubt if she'll keep hiding herself for the whole era. I think she'll only do that IF Burqa is released as a single. :)

Imagine the first single being some sort of Private In Public song, a song dedicated to the fans, about not needing a face for us, not being an identity, just an entity. Then Burqa comes out as a second single and bam she reveals her face at the very end of that music video.  :omgaga:

I really really think the era could be about Gaga losing her human form and becoming just an art form, possibly exploring the theme of being created by/for fans.

"My ARTPOP could mean anything"

artpop-lyrics.jpg

tumblr_mh9tejNgOO1ryfjt5o1_500.jpg

:worship: Thank you. Imagine Gaga as a Faceless pop star, it'd be a great social-political commentary on everything from the media's obsession with the female form, the oppression of women in some cultures, inequality and even the female form in art history.

p.s that floral outfit is epic.

Gaga needs to wear this:

166292d1236869278-woman-iron-mask-cruell

Damn she really needs to have access to the McQueen archive. Isn't it a funny coincidence that his collection called 'Joan' features the outfits that cover the faces?

@Haunts i love your write up!! And i can totally see the art(burqa as art) and the pop(the music) in your theory. One thing i'll be afraid of is the general public reaction. Remeber the GP want the 'Blonde Poker Face Gaga' back, not so shocking yet fun, so if she does go for something like this (which i'm hoping for), it will be a big hit or miss.

I don't think there's a coming back to the Blonde Poker Face Gaga. I think the constant hype over her appearance was what really made her visible. It was backed up by great pop records but the visual is definitely what poked the GP and media's attention.

And tbh I don't really think she could excite visually anymore on a day to day basis. During BTW she went through an awful lot of hair colors, from trashy to extremely classy... That era featured so many different visuals it would be impossible to top it, in a significant enough way. She's done it all already.

BUT, changing masks or wearing no face every day would be extremely interesting to me. Every single candid picture would be awaited to see if she has finally (litteraly) droped the mask.

At the beginning, the world will think of another attention-seeking "artsy" move but if she keeps it up for a few months, it will grow into a huge hype. And hopefully when she's ready to come out of her faceless phase, the new imagery will slay enough to keep the hype up.

Basically, hiding her face would be the only way to go back to zero visually and mediatically(?) for her. And I really think she needs to go back to a neutral place right now, in order to excite the GP again.

Everybody thinks something of Lady Gaga (often very radical thoughts). If she does promo for ARTPOP as herself, people who hate her will always find ways to hate her and won't even give a chance to the music. (Look at Jo, it was an exciting idea but it wasn't very well received by the GP).

If she keeps coming back into the world being faceless, being figuratively no one, she will definitely intrigue and lead people into her world. Thus, not being a person anymore, but art.

Curiosity is a powerful thing. Mistery and being intriguing has always worked in show business.

What I'm trying to say is, Gaga's constantly evolving visual self is losing (has lost) its impact. Becoming faceless would let her keep the evolving theme in a new fresh way, while being constant in the (non) face she's projecting into the world. Continuity is what the GP needs from Gaga, standing still, letting them get time to a--lyse her before she throws herself into the next looks/era.

Ouh and about the ARTPOP part... PopArt is about taking the POPular into ART. What if ARTPOP is also about taking the POPular (Gaga) off the Art?

Someone mentioned before that artists in the 60s and 70s didn't sign their art because Art is impersonal. Isn't that exactly what she did with Cake Like Lady Gaga?

David Bowie became Ziggy Stardust and quite a lot of artists did that alter ego thing for an album (Prince and Love Symbol, Manson and Adam...) but becoming nothing, losing the material form for the sake of the art, that's a rare thing, especially in pop culture/music.

Aaah, possibilities:omfgaga:

bananahammock

BUT, changing masks or wearing no face every day would be extremely interesting to me. Every single candid picture would be awaited to see if she has finally (litteraly) droped the mask.

At the beginning, the world will think of another attention-seeking "artsy" move but if she keeps it up for a few months, it will grow into a huge hype. And hopefully when she's ready to come out of her faceless phase, the new imagery will slay enough to keep the hype up.

Basically, hiding her face would be the only way to go back to zero visually and mediatically(?) for her. And I really think she needs to go back to a neutral place right now, in order to excite the GP again.

Everybody thinks something of Lady Gaga (often very radical thoughts). If she does promo for ARTPOP as herself, people who hate her will always find ways to hate her and won't even give a chance to the music. (Look at Jo, it was an exciting idea but it wasn't very well received by the GP).

If she keeps coming back into the world being faceless, being figuratively no one, she will definitely intrigue and lead people into her world. Thus, not being a person anymore, but art.

Curiosity is a powerful thing. Mistery and being intriguing has always worked in show business.

:legend:

this is such a great idea and a perfect way to get the GP interested again. you should be in the haus. 

addiicted

is that u Gags? :derpga: no but srsly, your thoughts are SO interesting. I love this! 

this maybe extremely reaching but evenDJWS's tweet fits (if he IS talking about gaga): 

DJ WHITE SHADOW â€@DJWS 3h
I'm out to the mansion I'm bout to catch Ghost...

The Ghost matches the idea of being invisible.. And invisible is definitely what she has been the last months :laughga:

Ouh and about the ARTPOP part... PopArt is about taking the POPular into ART. What if ARTPOP is also about taking the POPular (Gaga) off the Art?
Someone mentioned before that artists in the 60s and 70s didn't sign their art because Art is impersonal. Isn't that exactly what she did with Cake Like Lady Gaga?
David Bowie became Ziggy Stardust and quite a lot of artists did that alter ego thing for an album (Prince and Love Symbol, Manson and Adam...) but becoming nothing, losing the material form for the sake of the art, that's a rare thing, especially in pop culture/music.

Aaah, possibilities:omfgaga:

Afer reading your burqua theory, i REALLY hope this is what Gaga is going to do. It's perfect :flutter:

MonsterVlad

I don't get why you guys make this era have 2 singles before the album with only 2 months between them. Look at BTW-JUDAS or WFL-YDO

:clap:

Galactic Mess

:worship: I absolutely love this idea! :worship2:

Imagine the first single being some sort of Private In Public song, a song dedicated to the fans, about not needing a face for us, not being an identity, just an entity. Then Burqa comes out as a second single and bam she reveals her face at the very end of that music video. :omgaga:

I really really think the era could be about Gaga losing her human form and becoming just an art form, possibly exploring the theme of being created by/for fans.

"My ARTPOP could mean anything"

artpop-lyrics.jpg

tumblr_mh9tejNgOO1ryfjt5o1_500.jpg

Damn she really needs to have access to the McQueen archive. Isn't it a funny coincidence that his collection called 'Joan' features the outfits that cover the faces?

I don't think there's a coming back to the Blonde Poker Face Gaga. I think the constant hype over her appearance was what really made her visible. It was backed up by great pop records but the visual is definitely what poked the GP and media's attention.

And tbh I don't really think she could excite visually anymore on a day to day basis. During BTW she went through an awful lot of hair colors, from trashy to extremely classy... That era featured so many different visuals it would be impossible to top it, in a significant enough way. She's done it all already.

What I'm trying to say is, Gaga's constantly evolving visual self is losing (has lost) its impact. Becoming faceless would let her keep the evolving theme in a new fresh way, while being constant in the (non) face she's projecting into the world. Continuity is what the GP needs from Gaga, standing still, letting them get time to a--lyse her before she throws herself into the next looks/era.

Aaah, possibilities. :omfgaga:

verynickk

Warhol often repeated images to the point where you'd be desensitized to them and they lose their meaning. If this no face thing Gaga may be doing, she might be re-sensitizing herself to pop culture.

Dylangaga

I hope gaga releases news TODAY for MY BIRTHDAY!!!

:flutter:

unicornpaparazzi

I can't see the pic! can you upload a screenshot or something>??

OMG HOLD UP!

DJWS just tweeted "I'm out to the mansion I'm about to catch Ghost"

Which reminds me of something that one of the haus members said about the hidden from in the BTWB video!!! They said something like "it's a Ghost! ! :)"

Well if they are referring to the hidden frame, then I suppose that the Mansion in here is meant to be the place where Gaga and [presumably] Beyoncé hide in continuation of Telephone

Happy Birthday dear :kisses:

Bambino

:flutter:

Even tho she won't, but happy birthday :party:

Warhol often repeated images to the point where you'd be desensitized to them and they lose their meaning. If this no face thing Gaga may be doing, she might be re-sensitizing herself to pop culture.

Oh wow, that's the dream! She's been throwing the words ARTPOP for a long time, do you guys think she meant to desensitize her image? Changing her hair, makeup (and even her skull shape) SO MUCH when touring the BTWBall was odd to me. If she was to go through the gorgeous rainbow wigs, fox blonde and going back to brunette... I would have done it for my new album, not when I had nothing other to plug than the BTWBall.

This is so iconic, I never understood why she wore it only at the airport and not for promoting ARTPOP. The desensitize idea could explain that. She started wearing the Limelite UV Glow wig just before the cancellation of the BTWBall, I think she would have had at least one other color change before the end of the tour... then what?

I really want the next era to look like this!  181893-halloween-2011-top-15-exclusive-e

Bambino

I really want the next era to look like this!  

Omg I love that look

SEANGT

Oh wow, that's the dream! She's been throwing the words ARTPOP for a long time, do you guys think she meant to desensitize her image? Changing her hair, makeup (and even her skull shape) SO MUCH when touring the BTWBall was odd to me. If she was to go through the gorgeous rainbow wigs, fox blonde and going back to brunette... I would have done it for my new album, not when I had nothing other to plug than the BTWBall.

This is so iconic, I never understood why she wore it only at the airport and not for promoting ARTPOP. The desensitize idea could explain that. She started wearing the Limelite UV Glow wig just before the cancellation of the BTWBall, I think she would have had at least one other color change before the end of the tour... then what?

I really want the next era to look like this!  181893-halloween-2011-top-15-exclusive-e

I am completely obsessed with you. I need a hauntsdaily at this point. Gaga just needs to do everything you say.  :worship: