Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th

ARTPOP Discussion & Info Database 1-4-2012 thru 7-11-2013

SMILE2NE1

Featured Posts

nath4gaga

DJWS tweeted a link 1 hour ago but he deleted it.

Anyone caught it?

u srs?

gagalovesme

DJWS tweeted a link 1 hour ago but he deleted it.

Anyone caught it?

apparently it was a twitpic, omg the trolling 

nath4gaga

apparently it was a twitpic, omg the trolling 

Did anyone get it?? omg hyped 

floptastic

Burqa, Burqa, Burqa

lets get psychotic.

Burqa, Burqa, Burqa

lets get erotic.

robotic.

This is my metonymy.

Liberation is the key.

Wear it out, harmonize, stability.

Disturb the unaware

Put it on, conceal your hair.

Disturb the unaware,

B-- I’ve been on the cover of Vanity Fair.

Lets get it on,

Religous risky fashion

Lets get it on,

Religious risky fashion

Put it on, wear that Burqa all year long

all year long.

Burqa, Burqa, Burqa

lets get psychotic.

Burqa, Burqa, Burqa

lets get erotic.

robotic.

Make them all disagree,

Be the bel esprit.

Beleaguere them with the tea.

Show it off, you’re the celebrity.

Disturb the unaware

Put it on,

Conceal your hair.

Disturb the unaware,

Bitch I’ve been on the cover of Vanity Fair.

Lets get it on,religous risky fashion

Lets get it on religious risky fashion

All year long.

Don’t allow them to pull you down

Lift your head high, you wear the crown.

Make sure you misbehave, become the ultimate knave.

This is my dream, a princesses rave.

All year long.

All year long.

Burqa, Burqa, Burqa

lets get psychotic.

Burqa, Burqa, Burqa

lets get erotic.

robotic.

Burqa, Burqa, Burqa

lets get psychotic.

Burqa, Burqa, Burqa

lets get erotic.

robotic.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AN1rZbS11Mc

Edited by floptastic

floptastic

#35119 posted Yesterday, 05:00 PM

@gagahamish

no i'm the hype monster.

Because i have a better idea : if she is gonna attend,then we are approahing ARTPOP in a few weeks,because she is then in the public eye again.

And that means that she has finished ARTPOP and starts crawling back to the gp (:derpga:). with like social media.

expect : announcement = at the end of May

App : in june with the lead single after the release. Lead Single = in june with video june/july and promo starts in july according to troy or vincent. With tv shows performances. Single 2 = in august and vma performance. And release the video few days before vma.

Album : august/september = late summeralbum and 2 smash singles before album and is on time for grammy noms.

September : machete kills. premiere

single 3 : in oct/nov with Ema performance. and AmA performance.

December : the terry movie about the past year gets releasd. with content of the making of ARTPOP. And the jazz albumgets releasd.

new years eve : ARTPOP tour announced. and dates.

Little break : preparing the ARTPOP tour.

Early 2014 : ARTPOP tour begins. And while touring make tour dvd.

Single 4 :In May nort american leg and europe are finished. And release of the 4e single with bilboard music awards performance.

Single 5 : Is summersmash = july/august after asia and australia leg. gets releasd with vma performance.

And then tour til oct / nov. with nort american leg and South America.

And if she is not gonna attend , i'm gonna have a meltdown.

PS: for every single a music video.

MultiQuote

Edit

AURA

I don't get why you guys make this era have 2 singles before the album with only 2 months between them. Look at BTW-JUDAS or WFL-YDO

Michael

I actually think we are getting the first single next month. I think Joe meant the album when he said August, because he did say "but the first single usually drops a couple of months before, right?" so that would mean June. PLUS, if the album was released in August it would still be a summer album and the VMA's could be used as promo.

Then Richard said that she is already working on the choreo for the first single, and that it's coming 'sooner than we think'. Then, we find out that she is auditioning dancers today which suggests that she is shooting a music video very soon.

Plus, all of the other things like hiring fashion designers and she's clearly working very hard on the album to get it finished.

I think June is when we are getting the first single, followed by the album in late August.

Wow, I just realized that I have done nothing but to wait for my favorite things to come by. Been waiting for ARTPOP since 2011, and been waiting for Catching Fire since 2012. I just cannot handle it anymore! 

Anyway, did you guys realized that Gaga has been saying ARTPOP since 2011? Watch this video of her interview with Ben Mulroney and she mentioned "I call what I do ARTPOP." @ 2:29.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3keVckyseh4

nath4gaga

Yes, I am.

And it was a pic yes.

https://twitter.com/DJWS/status/330552631724474368/photo/1

I can't see the pic! can you upload a screenshot or something>??

OMG HOLD UP!

DJWS just tweeted "I'm out to the mansion I'm about to catch Ghost"

Which reminds me of something that one of the haus members said about the hidden from in the BTWB video!!! They said something like "it's a Ghost! ! :)"

nath4gaga

Perry Meek tweeted (can't verify that it's his actual twitter)

"@Jasper_Matt LOL it's a ghost !"

This was when he was asked about the hidden frame...

Edited by nath4gaga

Elizabeth

I started talking about Burqa in this thread and it lead to some theories about ARTPOP and I think it would be better if I post that here, so here it is:

A burqua is something that covers not only your whole body but your whole face. (Unlike a niqab) Gaga has played with that idea of hiding her face and persona since the beggining of her career. (Poker face...)

That's why she always wears glasses, right? Well, I know that's why I love wearing sunglasses, so people can't read my emotions. Also "I've got my bangs to hide that I don't stand a chance" and "A hat is a social canopy" from her showstudio interview. The burqua is basically bangs, hats and glasses that hide your whole identity.

Daphne Guinness has a quote that sums it up quite nicely: "I thought by overdressing I was disguising myself and no one could see me, like the child who covers her eyes and thinks she's invisible." That's exactly what a Burqua does. You can't see who wears it and somehow it makes them more visible.

I think the burqua is the ultimate fashion statement tbh. It's the only piece of clothing that hides your entire identity, while making you stand out in a crowd. I'm surprised not a lot of fashion designers played with that idea.

It might also be the most empowering piece of clothing too, having your self entirely for you, like that safe/fearless feeling of being hidden under a blanket. Not having your body/face/hair projected into the world and onto the people seeing you. You can do anything if nobody can see (judge) you and you can still interact with the world.

I wouldn't be surprised if when asked about the burqa, Gaga says it's like a cloak of invisibilty from under there. I also wouldn't be surprised if the song wasn't the controversial thing everybody thinks it will be, but more like an empowering poker face.

(I don't think her father would love the song if it was f*cking with religion, especially islam)

It is especially interesting since she's been so vividly criticized for her weight fluctuations. I would adore for burqa to be the anthem for her body revolution. Like a '**** what they say, wear your burqa, keep your body. Wear your burqa, embrace your identity.' As if it were a barrier from the exterior influencing your way of seeing yourself.

I also think it will shine some light in the growing racism and islamophobia. It is interesting of her to bring that up in this time of history. It is said great art is something that can depict the time when it was created. Zeitgeist.

When she wore that pink burqa at the Treacy show, I think the general reaction was a shocked effroi. Like a 'She dared wearing that, I hope she knows what she's doing'.

Ouh and you remember that outfit?

LadyGagaFame_1.jpg

I would die if some part of ARTPOP was her not showing her face. She doesn't want her pictures taken at the moment, what if it's transitioning into a never seeing her face anymore? The heavy white powdered complexion she's been wearing could mean she's transitioning into white, into invisibility.

What if the 'not revealing her face' was the 'horns and pointy cheekbones' of the ARTPOP era? She's been criticized for allegedly redoing her nose and lips... If she becomes some faceless entity for some song era in ARTPOP, it would be everything! The craving to capture her face would be as big as the craving to find out what she was wearing at the beggining of her career. (It is already starting with the thirst in the fanbase to get some pictures of her)

Quite a lot of hints points towards her not showing her face for ARTPOP actually. The poster she had in her dressing room with ARTPOP written on it, the model had her hands hiding her face! :lolgaga: And I'm also gonna throw that out there... The BTWBall timelapse frame: faces edited out.

It could also explain why she's being so silent about ARTPOP and release dates. Because from the moment she throws a release date, she would have to be in control of her (non) image at all times and without fail.

While her Fame performance was the overexposure of the popstar, what if ARTPOP is about the non exposure? Taking out the human element and letting the music be? She's known for bringing the visual element back in the music in a big way, ARTPOP may be about taking off the popstar element?

If I'm right, I don't know how long she could do that, maybe only for one song era, revealing her face for the second music video? Or maybe only from the moment she starts to hype ARTPOP to the release of the music video? Or if we count on the VMA, maybe she'll reveal herself at the VMAs?

The faceless creatures was a big theme for McQueen (we all remember her red lace dress at the VMAs) and for Maison Martin Margiela. The focus was then on the clothes only. Take out the Gaga and you get fashion and music.

maison-martin-margiela-summer-2009_h.jpg226660.jpg

Daft Punk are definitely known for not showcasing their faces. Making the famous Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger music video a cartoon. I think it's really reaching but I'm just gonna mention it, Helen Green is part of the Haus of Gaga now, and we all know about Gaga's obsession with Disney movies and princesses.

(So there you go, that's my theories, I kinda got carried away. :laughga:)

If this is true, I might die because omg it's a perfect idea, imo! Well done on coming up with this. Very well thought out :legend:

ryhanna

I can't see the pic! can you upload a screenshot or something>??

OMG HOLD UP!

DJWS just tweeted "I'm out to the mansion I'm about to catch Ghost"

Which reminds me of something that one of the haus members said about the hidden from in the BTWB video!!! They said something like "it's a Ghost! ! :)"

Ghost or something of the like would be a cool song title tbh

Is Steven Klein the creative director of ARTPOP and the one who shot the album photoshoot?