Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th

ARTPOP Discussion & Info Database 1-4-2012 thru 7-11-2013

SMILE2NE1

Featured Posts

U-GO-BOY

I remember hearing the break down in Hold It Against Me and thinking, "Woah...what is this? I haven't heard this before." Maybe that's one of the earlier ones?

that's just the bridge tho

The earliest sort of breakdown I can remember was the one in We Found Love.

I wouldn't mind hearing them in ARTPOP so long as she handles them creatively in a distinctive style that differs from the ones we here in WFL, Starships, B&AB, Right Now, etc.

They should be unique enough used scarcely that I won't get sick of them after hearing the song for a few times. Like now when I hear Pound The Alarm or Starships, all I can think of is how annoying the little EDM breakdown has become.

Yeah I agree, I get so annoyed with them after a while. I'm guessing that her breakdowns will be more catchy and less annoying, like Judas and Call Your Girlfriend (by Robyn) but with a crazy twist. I hope so. I'm getting so excited thinking about it

Prometheus

that's just the bridge tho

I think most breakdowns are a bridge or right before/after. Regardless, it's a breakdown in some form.

<Ryan!!! <3

vinnilein! yes, its her voice but its more a fanmade pice

Who is u? :Chica:

edit:

I know now. :heart:

Edited by xRYAN

aaronyoji

Right Now - Rihanna

Beauty and a Beat - JB

Sweet Nothing - Calvin

They're not extremely similar, but it's clearly the trend right now. (And that sound is absolutely EVERYWHERE in non-radio songs. I don't think Gaga should just focus on being a novel sound compared to other RADIO songs, I think she should be novel all-around. ARTPOP should be futuristic music).

For me anyways, the breakdowns are just getting boring. When I hear a song for the first time on the radio now, I'm like ok so when does the breakdown come. I like the idea, but Gaga should do something more different. I actually prefer something more like the Judas breakdown than this. I hope she can do something along the lines of Judas but more novel and creative to stand out in this EDM trend. I wish I could be more elaborate but I don't really know what the sound should be. I guess that is why I am not Gaga, and she is.

yeah agree. its like everyone in pop music is making songs for the sake of having a breakdown in it after every chorus.

Highway Capricorn

Imagine if tomorrow we wake up to 10 min long Gagavision with some ARTPOP snippets and the release dates at the end :nooo: :nooo:

Edited by Highway Capricorn

Imagine if tomorrow we wake up to 10 min long Gagavision with some ARTPOP snippets and the release dates at the end :nooo: :nooo:

STAAHHPPP :cryga: :nooo:

I'm Chloe. Except the C and the L are silent.