💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Do you think there are two types of Gaga fans?

Liam Germanotta

Featured Posts

Judas Oyster

I'm from 2009, but I started as a fan with TFM, loved BTW, but don't find ARTPOP attractive. I don't really feel that ARTPOP is dark, at all :S

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MikeyMoonShine

I have been a fan since I heard Paparazzi and I loved her Darker Themes. I like most of what she does tbh. 

Blue Jeans

You forgot the fans who were stanning since 2008 and loved the light ànd dark stuff. Fans like me :crossed:

Destiny is for losers. It’s just a stupid excuse to wait for things to happen instead of making them happen

To me the problem isn't about her imagery and looks (although it has played a big part as a the turn off for many people), it's about the music. I was mostly disappointed with the BTW era because she hyped it as ****ing hell to then have songs like Bad Kids, FOHL, BJAF or Highway Unicorn on the record.  :crossed:

Well, I became a fan rather late (during the BTW era), but I consider myself as a Gaga fan since I love The Fame and The Fame Monster as well as BTW and ARTPOP...

SummerGirl21

eh i'm sorta a mix.  

I didn't really like Just Dance.  But I started getting into Gaga once I saw the Paparazzi video and heard LoveGame.  And then my love for her built from there.  I didn't get her at first.  I just thought she was some pop star.  But then I realized she was so much more.  I loved TFM, but Alejandro wasn't my favorite.  I like Gaga's darker side...but I didn't like BTW very much.  And I actually love ARTPOP.  I just wish she was doing more with it.  

PMKKARDASHiAN

Kind of a broad difference and over generalization, but I somewhat agree. I became a fan the minute I heard just dance, and the darker themes of TFM hooked me. BTW almost completely lost me and I haven't listened to it in 2-3 years. I like ARTPOP, but aside from a few songs, I haven't really listened to it too extensively.

That's just my own personal gaga fandom time line

Tokyo Rose

I've been a fan since Just Dance and Born This Way is my favorite album so no what a stupid assumption to make

You forgot the fans who were stanning since 2008 and loved the light ànd dark stuff. Fans like me :crossed:

migamiga

To some degree, yes. I think a lot of the TF and TFM fans left during the BTW era and don't really care for her anymore, but BTW also brought a lot of new fans- which, at least in my opinion, seem to be different from the TF/TFM fans. I think the TF/TFM fans are more in to escapsim, pop art, DIY fashion + haute couture, dark critiques on fame, partying, etc. while BTW fans were younger, appreciated the emotional support of the music, and kids who had rough lives and connected with Gaga's openess.

However, there are many people like me who have been around since 2008, but I will admit I didn't care for the BTW era even though I appreciate it. I can't even really explain why I don't care for it. I can't seem to put a finger on it, but something about it was too literal in a sense. What I appreciated from TF/TFM eras was that it was not lazy pop music. You really had to a--lyze lyrics and watch the videos and performances over and over again to understand what she's trying to say and see all the different layers.

I don't know where I stand on ARTPOP though. I have mixed feelings about it, but I guess that's natural since it is suppose to be a celebration of all the eras.

Fans grow along with the artist. I'm am a fan since the very beginning and I love the everything she has done thus far. I would even consider myself a normal functioning stan, but how ever - there are stans who's life and mind evolve around gaga. And those kinda need help. 

I loved the perfect executed introduction she herself created to drop on the scene. i love the darkness that Born This Way brought us. `And I adore the ARTPOP era (even tough its soooo MESSY) for it's beautiful concept. 

Liam Germanotta

Kind of a broad difference and over generalization, but I somewhat agree. I became a fan the minute I heard just dance, and the darker themes of TFM hooked me. BTW almost completely lost me and I haven't listened to it in 2-3 years. I like ARTPOP, but aside from a few songs, I haven't really listened to it too extensively.

That's just my own personal gaga fandom time line

Exactly represents me.

She's still to "awkward" at the moment with ARTPOP for me personally.

Especially with Paparazzi, Bad Romance and Telephone she showed that she's more than the typical pop star, but afterwards she became too awkward and now with her complaining at the moment instead of just running the era as good as possible she is kind of losing me.

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived