💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Everything is fine, stop overreacting

Adakam

Featured Posts

codymonster

"All filled up with things benign, you're looking for that golden lie. Hollywood infected your brain, you wanna kiss it in the rain."

Legit though. Marina wrote this about half of our members :toofunny: Theres more to life then getting worked up about stuff like this. Defs agree with your post.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also want to add something else..Although this isn't really an issue anymore, it was so dumb how fans blamed the Born This Way era for the "lack" of success in the ARTPOP era. As if that had anything to do with it. Like do you really expect to walk on the street and ask a nobody what they thought of 'The Edge of Glory' video, that they'd even be able to answer it? Lol

BTW absolutely had something do to with it. People who bought the first two releases had expectations. Many of them bought BTW without hearing anything other than the first single. Many people ended up being disappointed. Those same people are not willing to purchase ARTPOP because they aren't sure they'll like it, and some are not even willing to give it a chance because they've lost interest or they've just been told that it's not on par. No matter how good the album was, reviews and expectations DO matter.

Adakam, I love the way you think. And over all that, first world problems.

🖤 𖤓 ♠︎

giskardsb

:applause: , i think the main reason of all the overreaction is social medial

social media certainly helps promote mob behavior.

Barely Affected? 

lol sry but chris brown lost few fans? He's basically irrelevant now

Justin bieber may be still here, but tbh he's pretty much over. He literally just released an album 1 month ago and nobody even cared. 

Britney is also still here, but nobody cares about her either. Just look at the sales of BJ and the success of her singles. 

R.Kelly, well the only reason he's sorta relevant again is because he worked with gaga and the charges of underage s-x were brought up again. 

I guess what I'm trying to say is that we shouldn't compare gaga to these flops.  :lolgaga: (except Michael of course)

I still see Chris all over the place

JB's controversies are affecting him, but they also give him a "rebel" status, he was never a good seller anyways (no #1 ever if im not mistaken), but his social media power is still strong

Britneys career status is because of her lack of effort, her lack of reinvention, she is basically the stereotype of the blonde empty popstar that has all her stuff done for her, but it has nothing to do with her breakdown

my point with R kelly is that he still makes money, still has supporters, still has defendants, still admitted on an AMAs stage

what im trying to say is that those problems dont define their careers, they do that themselves

FairyDreams

The hype of Gaga will never be the same as it was when she first appeared in 2008 with TF. She was new, fresh and had everyone talking, she's gained her fanbase, and that's all she really needs.

Of course it's going to be more difficult for her to get so much airplay and attention, the GP already seen what they want with her, and that's that. It's extrememly difficult for artists to keep a steady stride in the music world. Most artists are around for 5 years and they fade. I am not saying this is the case with Gaga because she will ALWAYS have dedicated fans around the world, but I don't think she will ever be where she was back with TF and TFM when it comes to popularity.

Of course there are artists that will stick around a lifetime, example being Michael, Madonna, Elvis, Beatles, ect... Gaga has potential to stick around and make music her entire life, but  she probably will never hit anymore popularity than she already acheived, which doesn't mean she is any less better... she continues to grow and learn everyday which is beautiful for her career no matter what.

LOVE this post. :applause: Applause was a hit, DWUW is a moderate hit so far (may or may not be affected by the video if it comes), the album debuted at #1, and people have loved the singles regardless of their chart position. And from a GP stand point, which is what I had the first 3 eras even though I was a stan (I didn't keep up with everything she did until this era), no one thinks ARTPOP is over or cares if it "flopped." No one cares about stuff like that except stans, critics, and haters.

Tbh, I didn't think Born This Way was a flop until I joined here and saw everyone talking about how it was. I just thought people didn't like Marry the Night since it underperformed compared to the other singles. It never crossed my mind that the era "flopped."

The hype of Gaga will never be the same as it was when she first appeared in 2008 with TF. She was new, fresh and had everyone talking, she's gained her fanbase, and that's all she really needs.

Of course it's going to be more difficult for her to get so much airplay and attention, the GP already seen what they want with her, and that's that. It's extrememly difficult for artists to keep a steady stride in the music world. Most artists are around for 5 years and they fade. I am not saying this is the case with Gaga because she will ALWAYS have dedicated fans around the world, but I don't think she will ever be where she was back with TF and TFM when it comes to popularity.

Of course there are artists that will stick around a lifetime, example being Michael, Madonna, Elvis, Beatles, ect... Gaga has potential to stick around and make music her entire life, but  she probably will never hit anymore popularity than she already acheived, which doesn't mean she is any less better... she continues to grow and learn everyday which is beautiful for her career no matter what.

The thing with Gaga is that she constantly reinvents herself, changes everything to be something new. I think that's what will hold her place in the industry forever. Most artists don't do what she does, they stay relatively the same, people get bored, and they fade. I think that's why Gaga may achieve another popularity peak like she had in 2008-2009 because if she continues to reinvent herself, she's bound to hit a connection with the GP, something everyone loves and thinks is cool, whether it's the music or the artistry. If not, I mean it doesn't matter, like you said, she's got a mega huge fan base, but I think there is a chance for her to make that 2008-2009 connection with the GP again. Who knows!  :classy:

giskardsb

The thing with Gaga is that she constantly reinvents herself, changes everything to be something new. I think that's what will hold her place in the industry forever. Most artists don't do what she does, they stay relatively the same, people get bored, and they fade. I think that's why Gaga may achieve another popularity peak like she had in 2008-2009 because if she continues to reinvent herself, she's bound to hit a connection with the GP, something everyone loves and thinks is cool, whether it's the music or the artistry. If not, I mean it doesn't matter, like you said, she's got a mega huge fan base, but I think there is a chance for her to make that 2008-2009 connection with the GP again. Who knows!  :classy:

I think there is a better chance of her "hitting it big" again by doing her own thing than there is in trying to write specifically to get hits.

I think there is a better chance of her "hitting it big" again by doing her own thing than there is in trying to write specifically to get hits.

Yeah, that's what I mean! Keep reinventing her image however she wants, and eventually she's bound to hit it big again with everyone. She should never sacrifice her art or what she wants to create to get a quick hit.

At the end of the day, after all the drama and all the meltdowns, I still turn on ARTPOP and I still jam out to it.

The day when I stop liking the music is the day I start worrying about her 'decay'. :party:

soundwave

Bless you, bless this post...It drives me nuts when people say she should move on to Act II as well like can you stop, ARTPOP is not over. 

Yeah, that's what I mean! Keep reinventing her image however she wants, and eventually she's bound to hit it big again with everyone. She should never sacrifice her art or what she wants to create to get a quick hit.

The problem is that she keeps reinventing herself to be something that is a huge turn off to the majority of the people. She needs to find the balance between her art and being likable and relatable.

I have noticed that GP listeners doesn't like to be perceived as pop music fans. So when Gaga was new they liked her because it was cool and fresh. Now when she became an rising icon they do not feel to search her more/buy songs because everybody know her and her music so it feels old and not fresh to them.

Now we have Cyrus mania but after few years she will become much less relevant.

Then again forgotten Gaga will start to be cool again coz by this time GP will rise interest in her again, but it takes time.

Something like this happened with Britney's femme fatale I think.

The problem is that she keeps reinventing herself to be something that is a huge turn off to the majority of the people. She needs to find the balance between her art and being likable and relatable.

That's very true. Hopefully she'll find that balance soon!

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived