💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

VEVO / YouTube Charts Discussion - Gaga hits 7 videos with 200M+ views

Mills

Featured Posts

Emvee

​do you really believe this pre-VEVO thing? I followed views back then and both Just Dance and Poker Face had videos uploaded from random users all the time, but they were deleted because of copyright... videos with 30-40 million views were deleted monthly... she was HUGE!

​This. Totally. 

Gaga had the disadvantage of being huge right before VEVO was an established way of watching music videos. Most of her music video views don't accurately represent what a sensation she truly was. 

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
YeehawKylie

​This. Totally. 

Gaga had the disadvantage of being huge right before VEVO was an established way of watching music videos. Most of her music video views don't accurately represent what a sensation she truly was. 

I think most people realize this. Clearly her early videos should have much more in terms of views. Though I'm still at a loss as to how her newer hit songs don't reach higher views. It seems as though her contemporaries can release videos for songs that don't perform as well and they surpass videos like Applause.

Emvee

I think most people realize this. Clearly her early videos should have much more in terms of views. Though I'm still at a loss as to how her newer hit songs don't reach higher views. It seems as though her contemporaries can release videos for songs that don't perform as well and they surpass videos like Applause.

​No, there are a couple of people in this thread who actually believe Poker Face only had 24 million views prior to VEVO. I at one point believed this too, because it says so on the video. 

And the answer is simple. People like Katy Perry and Rihanna came in at the right time with the right songs. They established themselves as "hit-makers" and people jumped on their wagon. While Gaga was releasing videos the likes of "The Edge of Glory" and "You and I," her contemporaries were releasing videos to smash hits like "ET" and "We Found Love." 2011/2012 was an absolutely crucial time in developing their social media presence and that happens to be when Gaga dropped the ball. It shows when you compare followers. Their Youtube followers are nearly a tenfold of Gaga's. 

monketsharona

yeah and don't forget Gaga hasn't released a video since March 2014 (which promoted her biggest 'flop' ever and it was 11 minute long !)

A new smash hit and short video may bring many views on her old videos... Don't expect huge amount of views until Gaga is back doing real video (not studio videos)...

Gaga has only released 16 videos in 7 years. Rihanna may be the most watched artist on Vevo, but she's releasing a lot of videos without being totally absent. Contrary to Gaga she has no long blackout without doing anything.

Hurem

38 DAYS UPDATE

1. Poker Face (+5.242.940)

2. Applause (+4.760.134)

3. Bad Romance (+3.902.766)

4. Telephone (+3.768.616)

5. Alejandro (+3.112.030)

monketsharona

​The engagement promo for it :emo: 

​let's see how many views it's going to get when she'll marry ^^ 

monketsharona

GhostTown views has been counted on Youtube for its first day : 669k views :toofunny:

ViviLittleM

GhostTown views has been counted on Youtube for its first day : 669k views :toofunny:

​Better than LFL! :)

monketsharona

​Better than LVF! :)

​Yeah ! But it would deserves far more views ! This song is dope ! And she looks so gorgeous in it !

monketsharona

I need a new Gaga's video now... views are very big now...

​yeah probably not until 2016... I miss Gaga doing videos... I mean in 3 years we only had 2 videos (and one cancelled :deadbanana:)

ViviLittleM

​yeah probably not until 2016... I miss Gaga doing videos... I mean in 3 years we only had 2 videos (and one cancelled :deadbanana:)

​This is so sad because her videos views are low compared to the others because between 2012-2015 she only had 2 music videos LMAO THIS IS TRAGIC :'(

• Haroon locked this topic
  • Haroon unpinned this topic

Archived