Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

VEVO / YouTube Charts Discussion - Gaga hits 7 videos with 200M+ views

Mills

Featured Posts

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isn't it a bit unfair to compare G.U.Y. and Dark Horse? One of them being a huge hit already and being played on the radio almost every minute, when the other one is not even on the radio yet and hasn't gotten any major promo?!

Um, the video debuted on The Today Show, which has a MASSIVE amount of viewers, she has ads spread across Youtube, she had G.U.Y played every hour on the 3rd biggest radio in the U.S, and she's done a couple of interviews after the release. She's done more than enough promo. 

The only thing it has against it is that it hasn't been officially released for normal play on radio.

It has 22 Million on Youtube, those don't count for Billboard?

That's WW. Billboard is U.S. only. They're only gonna take the U.S. views which is like 2million views

JonahKing

Um, the video debuted on The Today Show, which has a MASSIVE amount of viewers, she has ads spread across Youtube, she had G.U.Y played every hour on the 3rd biggest radio in the U.S, and she's done a couple of interviews after the release. She's done more than enough promo. 

The only thing it has against it is that it hasn't been officially released for normal play on radio.

That's WW. Billboard is U.S. only. They're only gonna take the U.S. views which is like 2million views

OH MY GOD

2 million only from the US!??! i finally understand what this means now! **** the US!!!! 

Slade

Pressed tbh. I hate seeing her blocked from the success that she deserves, especially with this video. I really don't get why the radio date is April 8...like is there a reason it wasn't released the week of/after the video? I mean come on..

notamember

The streaming won't increase until the song has more airplay. People have to know about the song to be able to listen to it. Radio is where a lot of people hear new music. Typically people don't pay lots of attention to Gaga but when they hear her on the radio they love it. So that's all we really need.

2m only from US.

Thats very BAD tbh.

Only 10% from US

Certainly it reflects poorly on our once-great nation. But, we can still take pride in the fact that Gaga is from here.

freebit

I've never really been very chart obsessed, but damn....G.U.Y. doesn't deserve this! :giveup:

I've said this before, but the U.S. Little Managers better get to streaming. :manicure: I know we can only do so much, but there definitely needs to be organization of some sort if y'all want it to have a smidgen of a chance on the charts. Streaming on Spotify would definitely help, 1 stream = two Youtube views IIRC, with a limit of 7 per day. Also there were some fans who didn't even know you had to refresh instead of hit replay, so those were some wasted views there. :smh: Anyway, it's clear she's definitely going to have to rely on fan support right now. *sigh*

SummerGirl21

Dark Horse is gonna be like 5X platinum lol theres a reason people are flocking to the video

I understand that the song is popular.  But the video is super cheesy.  It's like a Lisa Frank binder came to life.  I actually don't mind the song.  But the video is not nearly as good as GUY. 

Well this is what happens when the radio date is 3 weeks after the video release!

Looks like gaga can only get hits if it's the first single when we all flock to buy it!

• Haroon locked this topic
  • Haroon unpinned this topic

Archived