💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

VEVO / YouTube Charts Discussion - Gaga hits 7 videos with 200M+ views

Mills

Featured Posts

Americano

Why does the radio shy away from playing Gaga's tracks? Is there too few people requesting it or is it too taboo for them for some reason?

Probably a blend of both. I don't know.

I thought the video was nice, and that the song is good.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Shadow

they should have released the short version right after the long version.

and no, the 1st version will have more views for a long time even if it's longer

Well, Dark Horse is like 3:44 in length and Guy was about 11 minutes right? So roughly, three people could have finished watching Dark Horse by the time one person finished watching G.U.Y. the whole way through. Does Vevo count partial viewing, like those that cut to the Guy part?

I know a lot of people who don't watch Gaga videos anymore because they are always longer than her peers'. The short version will definitely give G.U.Y. additional streaming points, but won't make a huge difference, imo.

Do you know any other pop star who consistently employs lengthly videos?

Silence those demons... . 🖤

Americano

Well Gaga hasn't had a stable US presence on radio, TV, or anything in years at this point. Fleeting interest is probably an issue in terms of US viewership.

Do you know any other pop star who consistently employs lengthly videos?

Michael Jackson

JonahKing

There has been negative attention from the media during the ARTPOP era, this is why the radio is hesitant in playing Gaga! They don't pay attention they just go with what they think is hot. However this was during Gaga's break, now that she's back she is gaining hype and the radio will be playing these songs. Mark my words G.U.Y is a huuge hit.

Shadow

Michael Jackson

Indeed, but wouldn't you agree that Michael Jackson had the advantage of having a career just before music videos became a major platform and channels like MTV and VH1 broadcasted videos to millions who were interested in watching? These days, those channels may still have videos here and there, but now the major viewing is from the online community. If we know anything about this generation, they are very impatient and are less likely to watch lengthy videos on their mobile devices, at home, or wherever they work or study when they might be more inclined to see short videos or something that gets straight to the point.

So, it might be an unfair comparison to compare reactions and feedback to lengthy videos from Michael Jackson's era to the one Lady Gaga is currently treading through.

Silence those demons... . 🖤

Like It Rough

An ARTPOP Film - 24.637.002 views (+1.174.745  in the past 24h)

G.U.Y. short version - 1.732.538 views

SummerGirl21

I feel so pressed. It is so unfair that a ****ty video like dark horse (sorry, not hating on katy right now but it is the truth) gets more atention than the masterpiece that is G.U.Y.

But it is its first week so great!

Maybe people are watching it because it is so awful...like to laugh at it...

and I'm not hating on it either.  I think they thought they had a good idea, but it went terribly wrong.

notamember

It makes me so sad to see such a great music video below a God-awful one like Dark Horse. :/

I know it's the AI that supports it's streams but still..

Isn't it a bit unfair to compare G.U.Y. and Dark Horse? One of them being a huge hit already and being played on the radio almost every minute, when the other one is not even on the radio yet and hasn't gotten any major promo?!

This though. G.U.Y. Has no radio support yet. (Hardly)

MahoTheMnstr

..people care so much about how she does in the US ...she's second WW  :awkney:

Americano

Maybe people are watching it because it is so awful...like to laugh at it...

and I'm not hating on it either.  I think they thought they had a good idea, but it went terribly wrong.

Dark Horse is gonna be like 5X platinum lol theres a reason people are flocking to the video

JonahKing

..people care so much about how she does in the US ...she's second WW  :awkney:

This is true, we should focus on the positives 

• Haroon locked this topic
  • Haroon unpinned this topic

Archived