💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga Don't Preach?

Shadow

Featured Posts

It's not shallow to purely focus on the music, the fashion, the performances, and the videos. Gaga herself once said "I only want me to be known for my music and stage performances"

Anyway, as evident, when a popstar stops entertaining his/her audience, people will drop him/her with no hesitation. Guess many of her (former) fans thought her overbearing preachiness got in the way of the entertainment.

When did she say that? And is the music enough with her?

🖤 𖤓 ♠︎

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gaga's preachiness was too "in your face".... She was more successful when she was more subtle in her preachiness

And yes the GP want shallow music... Music and partying is meant as an escape from the troubles of the real world.... Not to start thinking and being depressed and that's what all my friends who got turned off by Gaga told me

Woolfsmck

I hear this stated a lot about Gaga ever since she started the BTW era. Do people really want just a shallow, pigeonholed pop star? No politics, nothing on their values... It's like people only want their entertainers 2D and yet PC. Aren't there plenty of celebrities engaged in political events and organizations?

And we don't have to agree with her views or her way of life to at least see where she's coming from. Do you think by using her public influence on issues she cares about that it takes away from her artistry?

Depends on the fan. Many people do not separate her personal views from her music. Hence, if they don't like her opinion, they don't like her art.

Personally, its the other way around for me, I know very little about her personally, but her public opinions don't change my views on her music.

like a cat in a sil, I observe life, moving and still. My words give a clue,look inside to see whats true

Whispering

That was five years ago! Do you not get that people change and evolve over a period of time? Young adults grow up, life experiences happen and their world changes.

Gaga is never going to be this person again- NEVER! She can't go back to those days.

Why keep bringing it up? What is so difficult about the simple concept that people change over time?

Whispering

Gaga's preachiness was too "in your face".... She was more successful when she was more subtle in her preachiness

And yes the GP want shallow music... Music and partying is meant as an escape from the troubles of the real world.... Not to start thinking and being depressed and that's what all my friends who got turned off by Gaga told me

Subtle?! When was that? Gaga was already in preaching mode by The Monster Ball.

People and fans have had four years to jump ship. If they are still hanging on, what are they waiting for?

People hate depressing music? Riiight, that's why they hated Adele's 21 and they aren't buying the singles Say Something or Wrecking Ball... :smh:

Subtle?! When was that? Gaga was already in preaching mode by The Monster Ball.

People and fans have had four years to jump ship. If they are still hanging on, what are they waiting for?

People hate depressing music? Riiight, that's why they hated Adele's 21 and they aren't buying the singles Say Something or Wrecking Ball... :smh:

Those depressing songs are about love, something relatable. Not the government or society or being teased or religion.. While those things are relatable too the public doesn't wanna hear about it at parties or when hanging with friends

MahoganySnitch

Gaga has a right to express her feelings through her music, to tell her to do otherwise would be a restriction to her expression. At least the stuff she talks about is something from her heart and not the words of another :ohwell:

GagaMyBlood95

Idk, she is very very passionate towards her work and stand by her choices and ideas hard! She is a true artist if you ask me..

Tommy Monster

It's good to say some things like be kind and tolerant, but she preaches just way toooo much since BTW and sometimes it really is annoying :awkney:

She is a pop star, so I wish she would balance the two a bit better. 

I think people would actually be more receptive if she did promo and talked about causes rather than forcing it upon everyone when they hear her music, as a lot of people feel it is done that way.

She was a huge activist even during TMB and I think people didn't get as put off by her "preaching", because the "easily accessible" music was there too. Combining the two can be great, but only a couple songs an album should be a statement. She's a brilliant pop lyricist, she should keep doing that. Again in 5 years maybe she can do another BTW after her career is cemented. 

Side note:

I really wish should would stop writing songs about her career and being an "enigma popstar" though. It gets repetitive.

Whispering

Those depressing songs are about love, something relatable. Not the government or society or being teased or religion.. While those things are relatable too the public doesn't wanna hear about it at parties or when hanging with friends

Believe it or not, people buy music that isn't meant for parties and hanging with friends. Everything isn't a giant weekend dance party. Most people simply listen to music in their cars or at home. There are plenty of songs about society or being teased. Currently, Royals. BTW, Brave, Same Love- people bought all those songs. Michael Jackson, Prince, Madonna, John Mayer and a long list of current artists have multiple songs that center around themes of religion, government or society. People do relate to these themes. Not everyone is shallow and just looking for dance pop girl music. Most music listeners enjoy some variety and many do enjoy listening to songs that make them think, and aren't only about being in da club. ;)

Believe it or not, people buy music that isn't meant for parties and hanging with friends. Everything isn't a giant weekend dance party. Most people simply listen to music in their cars or at home. There are plenty of songs about society or being teased. Currently, Royals. BTW, Brave, Same Love- people bought all those songs. Michael Jackson, Prince, Madonna, John Mayer and a long list of current artists have multiple songs that center around themes of religion, government or society. People do relate to these themes. Not everyone is shallow and just looking for dance pop girl music. Most music listeners enjoy some variety and many do enjoy listening to songs that make them think, and aren't only about being in da club. ;)

I agree but the market that Gaga is trying to appeal to is not like that

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived