Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga's open dialog on LM.com

tiffa

Featured Posts

Zach Monster

Yes. I think Gaga realizes she is not perfect and she's trying to tell us that. Fans do not want to believe this. They are turned off by her sudden honesty.

I have a feeling Gaga has always been feeling this way about criticism, but she never acted like there was anything wrong. The ARTPOP criticism probably brought it out of her because she couldn't hold it in anymore. :shrug:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, this is an entirely different subject - 

What I stated was a simple example of how we can change the Internet Culture, by the way we communicate. This has nothing to do with certain phrases or terms. A lot of us still use the word "b---h" to express admiration without actually being insulting. A person can say "Lady Gaga slays" without saying that she is the only real queen in the Pop industry.

People can promote online kindness by simply being aware of how their posts may come across to other people, especially because we are communicating with people from various different cultures. Talking AT someone is the same as talking down to someone; whereas, talking TO someone is talking to them on the same level as yourself. This is merely all I meant by my example.

I don't agree with some of Gaga's approaches to the situation. For example, that user should not have to change their username. There are a few Twitter users she blocked due to a miscommunication and then refused to unblock them. She blocked someone for crude humor that was in other words, mindless banter from a child. Yes, they can be misinterpreted, as most things are on the internet, but if she wants to take a stance and make decisions like these, she has to be fully involved. She has to know the situation and a little more about a situation before making rash decisions, like these. Yes, as "simple as" blocking someone on Twitter. 

As aforementioned in the OP, fans are sensitive and can be emotionally and/or mentally unstable. Suddenly blocking a person on Twitter as "Lady Gaga" can give the fan a sense that she doesn't like them. She "hates" them; their idol, the one who has been keeping their **** together, hates them. This can be dangerous and have major consequences. 

I think that is where a lot of frustration on the Online Kindness thing comes from though.

The idea of promoting Online Kindness and positivity of any kind is great and her anti-bullying stance is fantastic. The problem is that it does seem like she goes a bit OTT sometimes and her approach is a little off which is why fans "feel they have to be fake, express their opinions lightly and keep quiet regarding sensitive or opposing topics" as you said in the OP.

Her efforts are genuine and they come from a good place, but in practice it's a bit much and that's what I personally dislike about her whole OnlineKindness crusade. 

In regards to her venting on LM.com and sharing her struggles and depression with her fans, I completely agree with what you wrote.

I was very disappointed by this. I didn't like that she was trying to coast fans into buying MULTIPLE copies of Applause for a "prize."

Tell me about it. The utter wave of disappointment in her that week :giveup: (and it wasn't because Roar was selling more)

I guess that's why people hate that site (and her twitter these days).

What do you mean? Read her past two months of tweets. Where is all the negativity and complaining????

I don't see a SINGLE tweet that is negative. The comment "Money can run out, but talent is forever" isn't a complaint, that's actually inspirational! Just like she used to say "Your career will never wake up and tell you that it doesn't love you anymore" or other things like that she has always said.

Chromatislaps

A lot of fans have expressed their distaste for Gaga's recent activity on littlemonsters.com. It is being said that her "Goddess of Love" persona is too contrived or "annoying," and others feel that Promoting Online Kindness is unrealistic. Along with these concerns, fans feel that she is too open (particularly about depression), is allowing certain topics on the internet get under her skin and that she's being unfair about her opinion on critics. People feel they should be able to express themselves openly and that those with opposing opinions are being silenced.

In retrospect, I think Gaga's genuine efforts are being overlooked. People aren't looking at the larger picture. 

Promoting Online Kindness is not unrealistic. It starts small, within the community, and can encourage others to follow the same lead. It's as simple as talking TO someone, as opposed to talking AT them. These are simple and minor examples of changes that we can make when communicating with people online. It's not a "GODLY" expectation that is unfathomable. I feel that people are taking this "Promote Online Kindness" movement the wrong way; they feel they have to be fake, express their opinions lightly and keep quiet regarding sensitive or opposing topics. This isn't so.

Fans hate that Gaga is talking about depression and speaking to fans who are suffering with depression. Personally, I feel this is a great thing; LittleMonsters.com was created specifically to connect fans from around the world and make it easier for Lady Gaga to communicate with her fans. She is utilizing this tool to the best of her ability. It's understandable that she cannot please everyone, but it's unfair to say that fans should stop making "depressing" posts. I feel LittleMonsters.com is a great way for people to reach out for help, support and love. A lot of people do not get this in real life and/or at home. It also isn't fair to assume that everyone is doing it for attention. While that may be so, there are a lot of people out there who do need help and support, and if we assume that everyone is faking it, no one will get the help that they deserve.

It's also understandable that fans may feel that their posts are purposely "skipped" or ignored because Gaga tends to communicate with certain fans more regularly than others. I skimmed through her "like" area on her profile and I do not see this as a common habit. She comments on a lot of posts and likes even more, and these are posts from Monsters who aren't widely known among the fan base. It's also sort of "normal" to feel jealous or upset when something isn't recognized, but there are so many fans and posts are made within minutes of one another. it's impossible to see them all.

I also see that some posts get 1k+ likes for seemingly nothing, while the more important posts are left with 20 likes at most. This isn't Gaga's fault, though. 

Devil's Advocate: I understand that Gaga attracts people who are seemingly unhinged, severely mentally unstable and very insecure. These fans reach out for help after seeing Gaga responding to multiple inquiries regarding the same subject and their post is "ignored," they will blame Gaga. While this isn't directly Gaga's fault, it can be dangerous.

So tell me, what is it that you dislike (other than her grammar)?

Pls become a spokeperson for Gaga, you know to phrase things perfectly :) Join the Haus!

What do you mean? Read her past two months of tweets. Where is all the negativity and complaining????

I don't see a SINGLE tweet that is negative. The comment "Money can run out, but talent is forever" isn't a complaint, that's actually inspirational! Just like she used to say "Your career will never wake up and tell you that it doesn't love you anymore" or other things like that she has always said.

Oh I wasn't referring to that particular tweet. I meant these days as in 'her twitter this era'

Oh I wasn't referring to that particular tweet. I meant these days as in 'her twitter this era'

That's what I mean, in this twitter era, where are these negative tweets? I've read the best 2 months of tweets and I don't see any. (Well, there is one user she blocked for doing something bad, but that's minor, and it's 1 of a 100 tweets. Other artists have DRAGGED twitter users harshly!)

I read all of her posts on LM.com too, and 98% of the are happy/positive/encouraging. The other 2% are still interesting thoughts!

There was her 'addressing' the Madonna thing and the 'Katy sold more than me so she's better than me' tweet, it was meant to be tongue-in-cheek I suppose but it came across extremely bitter. Then there was this tweet where she ordering KatySlaysUrFav to change his name. The tweeting-about-blocking-fans tweets. The Perez text tweet during the first week of Applause. The tweet where she lashed out on Billboard (to this day I still don't know why..). The tweet where 'she doesn't understand the hate'. Etc. She's constantly talking about and addressing the ~negativity, these days more on lm.com than twitter tho

It amazes me how certain "fans" always manage to read Gaga's tweets and messages in the most unfavourable light (finding shade or ego like you wanted an excuse to bash her).

We should just be glad (a) she is trying to communicate genuinely with her fans and (b) is not an embarrassing mess staring feuds and saying offensive stuff. 

There was her 'addressing' the Madonna thing and the 'Katy sold more than me so she's better than me' tweet, it was meant to be tongue-in-cheek I suppose but it came across extremely bitter. Then there was this tweet where she ordering KatySlaysUrFav to change his name. The tweeting-about-blocking-fans tweets. The Perez text tweet during the first week of Applause. The tweet where she lashed out on Billboard (to this day I still don't know why..). The tweet where 'she doesn't understand the hate'. Etc. She's constantly talking about and addressing the ~negativity, these days more on lm.com than twitter tho

I can't find the Katy tweet where she said anything about selling more. What day was that? The Perez tweets are missing, but if I remember correctly Perez really was harassing her, so it's understandable. She DID tweet "I'll never understand the hate" on November 20th.

Okay, so we've got probably a few tweets with Perez she should have kept private, one complaint about the hate sent her way, two stabs at the critics (which I believe is deserved) but those tweets seem to be deleted anyway. And probably 1 or 2 other complaints somewhere.

Lets be generous and say there are as many as 8 to 10 negative tweets. In that same time period, there are...okay I stopped counting at 300...a ridiculous number of positive tweets.

How can anyone say she is "focusing" on negativity with a ratio like THAT???

So you're one of those fans who think Gaga is desperately seeking validation and approval among her fans while making inexcusable excuses for the things happening within her career? You think Gaga is an attention seeking cry baby who cries "woe is me" every chance she gets?

Am I wrong?

You are wrong, and you're exaggering. My issue, and many people agree with me, is that instead of actually going out and PROVING ARTPOP, she's sitting behind a computer and being contradictory.

I can't believe my post was deleted too, SMH.

You are wrong, and you're exaggering. My issue, and many people agree with me, is that instead of actually going out and PROVING ARTPOP, she's sitting behind a computer and being contradictory.

You are exaggerating with comments like "she's making nonsensical complains" and "she's sitting behind a computer and being contradictory".

I've been reviewing her LM.com posts, and they are 99% positive and fun. And even when she's complaining about critics, I don't find that nonsensical or contradictory. :shrug: Just because the only thing we've heard from her comes from LM.com doesn't mean that's all she's doing. From the volume of posts I'd guess she's spending maybe half an hour every few days on LM.com.

A lot of fans have expressed their distaste for Gaga's recent activity on littlemonsters.com. It is being said that her "Goddess of Love" persona is

too contrived or "annoying," and others feel that Promoting Online Kindness is unrealistic. Along with these concerns, fans feel that she is too open (particularly about depression), is allowing certain topics on the internet get under her skin and that she's being unfair about her opinion on critics. People feel they should be able to express themselves openly and that those with opposing opinions are being silenced.

In retrospect, I think Gaga's genuine efforts are being overlooked. People aren't looking at the larger picture. 

Promoting Online Kindness is not unrealistic. It starts small, within the community, and can encourage others to follow the same lead. It's as simple as talking TO someone, as opposed to talking AT them. These are simple and minor examples of changes that we can make when communicating with people online. It's not a "GODLY" expectation that is unfathomable. I feel that people are taking this "Promote Online Kindness" movement the wrong way; they feel they have to be fake, express their opinions lightly and keep quiet regarding sensitive or opposing topics. This isn't so.

Fans hate that Gaga is talking about depression and speaking to fans who are suffering with depression. Personally, I feel this is a great thing; LittleMonsters.com was created specifically to connect fans from around the world and make it easier for Lady Gaga to communicate with her fans. She is utilizing this tool to the best of her ability. It's understandable that she cannot please everyone, but it's unfair to say that fans should stop making "depressing" posts. I feel LittleMonsters.com is a great way for people to reach out for help, support and love. A lot of people do not get this in real life and/or at home. It also isn't fair to assume that everyone is doing it for attention. While that may be so, there are a lot of people out there who do need help and support, and if we assume that everyone is faking it, no one will get the help that they deserve.

It's also understandable that fans may feel that their posts are purposely "skipped" or ignored because Gaga tends to communicate with certain fans more regularly than others. I skimmed through her "like" area on her profile and I do not see this as a common habit. She comments on a lot of posts and likes even more, and these are posts from Monsters who aren't widely known among the fan base. It's also sort of "normal" to feel jealous or upset when something isn't recognized, but there are so many fans and posts are made within minutes of one another. it's impossible to see them all.

I also see that some posts get 1k+ likes for seemingly nothing, while the more important posts are left with 20 likes at most. This isn't Gaga's fault, though. 

Devil's Advocate: I understand that Gaga attracts people who are seemingly unhinged, severely mentally unstable and very insecure. These fans reach out for help after seeing Gaga responding to multiple inquiries regarding the same subject and their post is "ignored," they will blame Gaga. While this isn't directly Gaga's fault, it can be dangerous.

So tell me, what is it that you dislike (other than her grammar)?

FINALLY someone with common sense, how can we make you a mod tbh?

totally agree with both parts

I dont know much of history, but I bet revolutionary ppl like Mandela, MLK, Gandhi, Mother Teresa, etc, had a hard time with people telling them stuff like "its useless, dont waste your time", but they believed in their dream....

and the LM.com interaction, being able to relate, interact, share, and help fans has been Gaga's goal since pretty much the start, and even more so after Jamey´s passing, idg why people are surprised about this behaviour, what a better place to vent for her

oh and calling herself Goddess of Love, how is that ego driven? since when saying yor main concern is Love means ego? a least shes not all "oh im the queen, my throne, my crown, etc, etc"

I can't find the Katy tweet where she said anything about selling more. What day was that? The Perez tweets are missing, but if I remember correctly Perez really was harassing her, so it's understandable. She DID tweet "I'll never understand the hate" on November 20th.

Okay, so we've got probably a few tweets with Perez she should have kept private, one complaint about the hate sent her way, two stabs at the critics (which I believe is deserved) but those tweets seem to be deleted anyway. And probably 1 or 2 other complaints somewhere.

Lets be generous and say there are as many as 8 to 10 negative tweets. In that same time period, there are...okay I stopped counting at 300...a ridiculous number of positive tweets.

How can anyone say she is "focusing" on negativity with a ratio like THAT???

Here's the Katheryn tweet https://twitter.com/ladygaga/status/391999414446735360/photo/1

Anyway in my original post I just said the many offputting tweets/lm.com posts is the reason some stans hate her twitter/lm.com! It's not like the many non-offputting tweets/lm.com cancel out the ones that are

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived