💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

DJWS in Studio: "Were baaaaack."

MonsterMum

Featured Posts

WakeUpFlawless

DJWS is AWESOME!! He has produced my favorite songs by gaga, with the exception of Gypsy and Venus.  :excuseme:

I like his work but clearly this record isn't connecting with the public as much as Gaga thought it would. She needs to expand her horizons too. Not that DJWS shouldn't do anymore songs with her but I don't think he should do as much as he did on ARTPOP for her next project.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pixie Gypsy

• Lady

• MonsterMum

• Cheezr

jaspermatt

It's been oolong since I've had a sip and I get this feeling, I need a green detox the truth will be the winner tonight.

Battle 4 Ur Life

It's been oolong since I've had a sip and I get this feeling, I need a green detox the truth will be the winner tonight.

:trootea:

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

I like his work but clearly this record isn't connecting with the public as much as Gaga thought it would. She needs to expand her horizons too. Not that DJWS shouldn't do anymore songs with her but I don't think he should do as much as he did on ARTPOP for her next project.

So here’s a question, if it were more successful do you think it would change people’s minds? Would it change your mind if it would if been super mega successful?

EastonEllis

Government Hooker

Bloody Mary

Electric Chapel

BTW

He worked on allot of the songs tbf but he's certainly capable of producing and writing good music. 

All my favorites basically, at least sonically

WakeUpFlawless

So here’s a question, if it were more successful do you think it would change people’s minds? Would it change your mind if it would if been super mega successful?

For some people it would change their minds, yes, because some are fickle like that. However in regards to my comment success didn't have much to do with it. I mentioned success only because it's clear Gaga wanted this album to have more success than it's having right now. That seems pretty obvious to me. And I'm not numbers obsessed but of course it's great for me to see her successful because I love her music and she's super talented. She deserves it and I want her to have lots of longevity so yes,  success is somewhat important but not the be all end all.

I mostly said it because it's important as an artist to evolve. She shouldn't be working with the same people over and over and over again until the end of time (in my opinion). ARTPOP is a good pop album but I still know she is capable of more and I feel some of the best tracks on the album came from her collaborating with new people.

Stefani328

I just want Gaga to tap into her raw emotions. I'm not here for her TRYING to push the limits.I would like to see it be effortlessly expressed through her own emotions and we should be able to see it in her music. 

Agree

another flop in the making.

seriously, i'm appalled by the fact that she hasn't still learned her lesson.

Ditch DJ Whitie already. 

Same thing happened to Janet and Mariah who collaborated with the same producers over an over

It was only when Janet started working with newbie nobodies that she experienced a decline in quality. Janet and Jam & Lewis had 15 years of smash hits together. On the other hand, rather than thinking of DJWS as the "same producer", the reality is that he is actually the one who "came along after." The diminished commercial success didn't come until he came into the picture.

Illuminati Freak

I mostly said it because it's important as an artist to evolve. She shouldn't be working with the same people over and over and over again until the end of time (in my opinion). ARTPOP is a good pop album but I still know she is capable of more and I feel some of the best tracks on the album came from her collaborating with new people.

:applause:

His production is pretty good though. Applause and DWUW have extremely good production imo that can resonate with the GP, and maybe even MANiCURE. ARTPOP is very well produced as well for an album track. The only one where he tripped on was definitely Swine :wtf: So outdated and the build up is cringe-worthy.

Overall I don't think DJWS's production contributed to the underwhelming response.

For some people it would change their minds, yes, because some are fickle like that. However in regards to my comment success didn't have much to do with it. I mentioned success only because it's clear Gaga wanted this album to have more success than it's having right now. That seems pretty obvious to me. And I'm not numbers obsessed but of course it's great for me to see her successful because I love her music and she's super talented. She deserves it and I want her to have lots of longevity so yes, success is somewhat important but not the be all end all.

I do agree that she should keep evolving. Its just that DJWS came in at the wrong time. This "decline" was coming. He just happened to be in the middle of it. I would like to see more work from both of them (together) to see how they evolve together. If it is sh*t then he can leave. But over all I think AP feels like a good step into this evolution everyone keeps refering to

His production is pretty good though. Applause and DWUW have extremely good production imo that can resonate with the GP, and maybe even MANiCURE. ARTPOP is very well produced as well for an album track. The only one where he tripped on was definitely Swine :wtf: So outdated and the build up is cringe-worthy.

Overall I don't think DJWS's production contributed to the underwhelming response.

Exactly! I think poor DJWS is just the poor scapegoat this era tbh.