💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

'ARTPOP' Receipts Thread - post all certifications here!

Arturo

Featured Posts

KingOfSpain

700,000 copies sold in the US (0,38%)

1,800.000 copies sold worldwide

Global queen slaying your faves

Diamond Chanteuse her power of going from 2.3 million copies sold, to 1.8.

tumblr_n5dvyiKHGU1r8hr3no1_250.gif

That 2,3 million number refers to shipments, but  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

http://gagadaily.com/forums/topic/227246-ceremony-gagas-videography-megarate/

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Arturo

2.3 is the number Universal Music Group reported

This 1.8 number is from Mediatraffic, a site run by avid chart followers

Take that as you will

Emvee

Not 500,000 people returning their copies of ARTPOP :giveup:

get dem 500,000 returns :derpga:

:lmao:

---------------------

Either UMG is lying ( :usrs:) or Mediatraffic is player hating HARD 

migamiga

1.8 sounds right though. I never believed 2.3 was her actual sales, but shipment instead. Because if she only sold 700,000 in the US how has she sold 1.6 million in the rest of the world? Usually US sales make up about 1/3 of WW sales

Mediatraffic abanico.gif

Take that as you will

Do UMG also report 700.000 sales in the US only? 

Do UMG also report 700.000 sales in the US only? 

The US record sales are exclusively tracked by Nielsen SoundScan, as reported by Billboard. There's no way a label could be able to refute the stats released by SoundScan... unless a new sales tracking system provider is created, and more crucially, accepted by the music industry. 

On the other hand, there's currently NO tracking system for the worldwide record sales as detailed and 100% accurate as SoundScan's. The closest counterpart for that is IFPI, which gives out global music industry reports (including global album and single sales) annually recognized by the global music industry itself (i.e. Billboard, the labels). The 2.3 million figure came from IFPI, and it was clearly indicated as sales. As I've mentioned in the past, the figures from IFPI are universally accepted as sales even long before ARTPOP was released or Gaga rose to stardom.  

YeehawKylie

I don't know how this is a flop when tons of artists would kill to sell this amount of records.

People are just calling her a flop because she doesn't have the cultural pull she had back in 2009-2011. Watching her numbers, she's about on track. The Fame sold 15 million WW, BTW sold 6 million WW, ARTPOP sells 2.3 million WW. It's actually pretty consistent.

Had ARTPOP's sales followed The Fame, yes, that is a HUGE dip. People just call her a flop because she's not as big as she used to be and of course, she doesn't sell how she used to.

ViviLittleM

Can we have a confirmation for 2.3 or 1.8 :awkney:

I'll choose to believe 2.3 tho :derpga:

1.8 for Mediatraffic

2.3 in 2013 for IFPI, choose.

GagaMyBlood95

Take that as you will

chris777

The US record sales are exclusively tracked by Nielsen SoundScan, as reported by Billboard. There's no way a label could be able to refute the stats released by SoundScan... unless a new sales tracking system provider is created, and more crucially, accepted by the music industry. 

On the other hand, there's currently NO tracking system for the worldwide record sales as detailed and 100% accurate as SoundScan's. The closest counterpart for that is IFPI, which gives out global music industry reports (including global album and single sales) annually recognized by the global music industry itself (i.e. Billboard, the labels). The 2.3 million figure came from IFPI, and it was clearly indicated as sales. As I've mentioned in the past, the figures from IFPI are universally accepted as sales even long before ARTPOP was released or Gaga rose to stardom.  

Label counts shipments as sales. IFPI reports the label numbers

just like Femme Fatale is certified platinum in the US.

1M sold to retailers and 770k that people bought

ViviLittleM

Label counts shipments as sales. IFPI reports the label numbers

just like Femme Fatale is certified platinum in the US.

1M sold to retailers and 770k that people bought

13VictorC

Isn't this the same amount that Michael Jackson sold during his "ARTPOP" era as mentioned in another thread?

The Queen following the steps of the King.

• Jase unpinned this topic

Archived