💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

'ARTPOP' Receipts Thread - post all certifications here!

Arturo

Featured Posts

I know. Still I have managed to realize this fanbase has underestimated KP so much, to the point of giving her some kind of lucky charm about whatever she's underestimated for!  :shrug:

Those people who constantly talk sh*t and "underestimate" her, just have a personal dislike for Katy, so it's whatever. We both know for a fact that Katy is more popular right now, so of course her sales will be higher.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ViviLittleM

Terrible :rip:

But I guess I'll just have to deal. An album by LADY GAGA should be selling this amount in Anglophone markets alone :manicure: but probably like 8k comes from Anglophone markets :toofunny:

Gaga doesn't have a single that is on top of the charts, nor is she promoting the album, so I wouldn't be comparing their sales right now. Katy is doing both, so of course her sales will be higher.

Thing is, Gaga, unless a miracle happens, won't even have a Top 10 single anymore this era in the US. Let alone in European markets and Australia, where the album did even worse. These sales are terrible. She's selling 2x less than a local Belgium artist who released his album even earlier than Gaga and already has sold more.

Did you forget the US? :laughga:

Thing is, Gaga, unless a miracle happens, won't even have a Top 10 single anymore this era in the US. Let alone in European markets and Australia, where the album did even worse. These sales are terrible. She's selling 2x less than a local Belgium artist who released his album even earlier than Gaga and already has sold more.

The sales are bad, but that's pretty obvious. :rip:

But because of awful promotion and a sudden management ordeal, of course things will just go down like a domino effect. I think it was for the best for Gaga just to have a mini "blackout" and come back for a fresh start. Do What U Want was on its way to be a hit, but obviously (again) due to bad promotion, it just fell off the charts entirely. Radios were starting to support it, people seemed to actually like the feel of the song and liked this new sound from Gaga. But because of the bull sh*t with her team, or whatever the hell went on, people lost interest. Nothing kept the train moving, so the sales went down. And I agree, it will be one hell of a battle for her to get a top 10 hit again, but I have hope that Gaga will somehow make her next single big.

She was originally praised for her business moves in music. If she just thinks things through and comes back with amazing ideas, then I feel the best could happen for her. But we will see what happens in the end.

Good, A country with major piracy problem still can sell ARTPOP better than Australia :lolgaga:

ARTPOP opened with 15k here. :toofunny:

TwerkinLurkin

Not bad if you take into account we have only have one single and it was in august, and no promo since december. SALY GA!

This

Gypsy Life

Pop radio:

37 = LADY GAGA Applause 2419 +48 -103 +65 18.084 +0.000 

39 -6 LADY GAGA Do What U Want f/R. Kelly
2290 -314 -2211 +101 11.418 -1.299

Overall radio:

74 = LADY GAGA Applause 26.448 -0.242 

78 -7 LADY GAGA Do What U Want f/R. Kelly 25.867 -2.345 

That 1-2 punch.

All hail Applongevity. :whitney:

• Jase unpinned this topic