💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

'ARTPOP' Receipts Thread - post all certifications here!

Arturo

Featured Posts

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dangerous Man

we are happy for #82 now, that's awful

wake up ppl

gogo's been brainwashing us all

music not the bling

b---h please

I died. :lmao:

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

wake up ppl

music not the bling

b---h please

:lmao:

Economy

wake up ppl

music not the bling

b---h please

too much truth i cant :giveup:

Arturo

I moved some things around and updated some numbers with the best possible estimates.

If you count the biggest streaming companies (YT and Spotify) the ARTPOP era has accumulated over 453M music streams.

Spotify:
Applause - 79M
Do What U Want - 58M

YT:
Applause - 191M

Do What U Want (Audio) - 41M

G.U.Y - 60M + 24M = 84M

Total: 453M

If you were to use the conversion that is used by many like the RIAA and the Official Charts Company of 100 streams = 1 sale, then that is an extra 4,530,000 added single sales WW to the ARTPOP era.

I would say it's fair to consider those extra "sales" considering Gaga's certifications in the U.S and the U.K have not been updated to include streams.

When and if Gaga's certifications are updated in those 2 countries, Applause will be well over 3x Platinum in the U.S (3,000,000) and Gold in the U.K (400,000)

SomethingMore

Added some info to Applause 

How do you guys like it?

I'll do DWUW later

Well done :applause:

Looking at the DWUW info I remembered we got the Venezuelan stats in early 2014 as part of the YEC, so we might expect some news in a few days :excited2:

Arturo

Well done :applause:

Looking at the DWUW info I remembered we got the Venezuelan stats in early 2014 as part of the YEC, so we might expect some news in a few days :excited2:

3x Platinum for Applause, 2x Platinum for DWUW? :excited2:

• 2 weeks later...
JusKeepBreathin

Why is it that RIAA has not given any real certifications to ARTPOP, Applause, DWUW, or even G.U.Y.? By RIAA's definition of a digital single even G.U.Y. deserves at least gold award based on Youtube streams alone.

Digital Single Certification

Gold Certification

Quantity:
500,000 units. All versions count once toward certification.

Requirements:
*Must contain no more than four different songs.

*Only one song is eligible.

* Units are defined as follows:

•    Each permanent digital download counts as 1 Unit for certification purposes. 
•    100 on-demand audio and/or video streams will count as 1 Unit for certification purposes.

Platinum Certification

One million units. All versions count once toward certification.

Even Jay Z, who brilliantly tied up his last album, Magna Carta...Holy Grail, with a telephone carrier package and not actual sales has been certified.

Gaga's label is just a little lazy.  :grr:

http://www.riaa.com/goldandplatinum.php?content_selector=criteria

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Arturo

Not only are Gaga's U.S certifications outdated but so are her Canadian certifications.

Applause and DWUW should both be near, if not already, 3x Platinum in Canada (240,000).

I wish certifications in the U.S and Canada were like they are in the U.K.....as soon as you hit the amount needed, you get certified. 

CaliLilMonster

Not only are Gaga's U.S certifications outdated but so are her Canadian certifications.

Applause and DWUW should both be near, if not already, 3x Platinum in Canada (240,000).

I wish certifications in the U.S and Canada were like they are in the U.K.....as soon as you hit the amount needed, you get certified.

Why doesn't Gaga/her label get them certified?

Arturo

Why doesn't Gaga/her label get them certified?

They probably just don't care enough. They got a decent amount of money from Applause and DWUW. Seems like Interscope only cares about the money and they don't want to spend an extremely small fraction of that to show how successful Gaga's songs were :shrug:

Arturo

So in 15 weeks Applause got 2.6M streams and DWUW got 30M streams in the U.K.

That's 26,000 sales for Applause and 30,000 sales for DWUW.

Applause 300k (pure sales) + 26k (Spotify Streams) = 326,000
DWUW 260k (pure sales) + 30k (Spotify Streams) = 290,000

Now those are just using actual numbers. In the past year Applause and DWUW obviously got more streams from not only Spotify but smaller streaming services like O2 Tracks and Deezer.

I think these estimations are good enough, what do y'all think?:

Applause 350,000

DWUW 320,000

• Jase unpinned this topic

Archived