Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

'ARTPOP' Receipts Thread - post all certifications here!

Arturo

Featured Posts

Arturo

The numbers on the OP are really overestimated. :messga:

Applause: 2,580,000

DWUW: 1,220,000

​I don't believe those numbers. According to Kworb, DWUW left the Top 400 on iTunes with 1,200,000 sold. So it only sold 20k since then? :lmao: Kworb's numbers are accurate for every other artist. I doubt his numbers would be any different for Gaga's.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rainbow Unicorn

​I don't believe those numbers. According to Kworb, DWUW left the Top 400 on iTunes with 1,200,000 sold. So it only sold 20k since then? :lmao: Kworb's numbers are accurate for every other artist. I doubt his numbers would be any different for Gaga's.

​Come on, this is official numbers :eww: DWUW latest update on Nielsen Soundscan was in April 2014, with 1,131,000 copies sold. So, it's accurate... Kworb is making estimations, Nielsen Soundscan is reporting real sales.

Gypsy Life

That's because of the Complete My Album option. Everyone who used it for Applause/DWUW is not included in the totals in Soundscan's numbers but this isn't taken into consideration for kworb's estimations. (See: Shake It Off at 4.8m on kworb but only at 4.1m on Soundscan) 

Rainbow Unicorn

Updated with the numbers we have.

​Thanks :applause:

But I still don't understand some figures... The OP says that Applause has sold 200k in Canada but it has been certified 2xPlatinium in mid-January for 160k copies sold, and I'm pretty sure it's impossible that the song has sold 40k+ since this date considering that it was selling some hundred copies 2 weeks after... DWUW is also Gold in Canada (40,000), not 2xPlatinium. I think it sold 70-75k considering its chart run (or even 80k+ but not certified yet). And both songs didn't pass 50k in France. Applause sold less than DWUW there and according to the latest updates, they sold 44k and 46k respectively when the songs were already out (it means that they were +/- 100 copies per week).

Arturo

​Thanks :applause:

But I still don't understand some figures... The OP says that Applause has sold 200k in Canada but it has been certified 2xPlatinium in mid-January for 160k copies sold, and I'm pretty sure it's impossible that the song has sold 40k+ since this date considering that it was selling some hundred copies 2 weeks after... DWUW is also Gold in Canada (40,000), not 2xPlatinium. I think it sold 70-75k considering its chart run (or even 80k+ but not certified yet). And both songs didn't pass 50k in France. Applause sold less than DWUW there and according to the latest updates, they sold 44k and 46k respectively when the songs were already out (it means that they were +/- 100 copies per week).

​There is absolutely no way DWUW sold less than half of what Applause sold in Canada. DWUW was in the Top 5 on Canadian iTunes longer than Applause and it was in the Top 10 of Canadian iTunes during the Christmas gift card rush. It does not make sense at all to have DWUW under 100k in Canada :rip:

Rainbow Unicorn

​There is absolutely no way DWUW sold less than half of what Applause sold in Canada. DWUW was in the Top 5 on Canadian iTunes longer than Applause and it was in the Top 10 of Canadian iTunes during the Christmas gift card rush. It does not make sense at all to have DWUW under 100k in Canada :rip:

​I understand the disappointment... But it's Gold not 2x Platinium. Maybe Interscope had a problem with certifications like they did with ARTPOP in the US :dies:

• 4 weeks later...

​I agree with you too. There's absolutely no way DWUW only sold 20k. It had to at least sell 30k+. I tracked DWUW's sales and it had already topped 1.25M before it left Top 400 on iTunes. So from April 2014 to May 2015, I wouldn't be surprised to see it 1.28-1.3M.

I also agree with you on that DWUW had to have sold more than Applause in Canada since it did chart longer in the Top 10. There's NO way it's only Platinum :toofunny: . It should be higher than Applause.

Billboard knows how to "deflate" their numbers with the real ones.

Supersonic

​I agree with you too. There's absolutely no way DWUW only sold 20k. It had to at least sell 30k+. I tracked DWUW's sales and it had already topped 1.25M before it left Top 400 on iTunes. So from April 2014 to May 2015, I wouldn't be surprised to see it 1.28-1.3M.

I also agree with you on that DWUW had to have sold more than Applause in Canada since it did chart longer in the Top 10. There's NO way it's only Platinum :toofunny: . It should be higher than Applause.

​Or maybe kworb and mediatraffic are no reputable sites in general to track actual sales :smh:

Rainbow Unicorn

But you know... ​Kworb is estimating. Soundscan is giving sales. And : 

Both DWUW and Applause lost around 100k of their totals because of the Complete My Album option, that's why their sales are slightly lower than the week-by-week numbers on kworb's website.

Also, Applause stayed 22 weeks in top 30 in Canadian Hot 100 and 9 weeks in top 10. DWUW peaked better but stayed 17 weeks in top 30 and 7 weeks in top 10... I agree that it probably sold more. I'm sure Interscope didn't pay certifications... But DWUW definitely sold less than Applause. 

:yes:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/business/6494560/inside-lady-gaga-reinvention-long-term-plan

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/6524172/ask-billboard-lady-gagas-top-selling-songs-albums

March 6: (the album has sold 744,000 copies to date, compared with 4.6 million for 2008's The Fame and 2.3 million for 2011's Born This Way, according to Nielsen Music)

April 5: Albums:
4.6 million, The Fame (2008); 2.3 million, Born This Way (2011); 1.6 million, The Fame Monster (EP) (2009); 746,000, ARTPOP (2013)

So it sold 2k in 30 days. I'd say by the end of the summer it'll be around 750-755k, since their are normally discounts.

@Rainbow Unicorn

• 2 weeks later...
JusKeepBreathin

109 +7
Lady Gaga - ARTPOP
461 1(14) 1724 +65 3.144

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

JusKeepBreathin

ARTPOP apparently sold 33,068 copies in Italy (through 2013 and 2014).

Source: http://www.worldwidealbums.net/

That would make its sales there somewhere like 60k. Is that a reputable website? I hope they certify the album platinum in Italy, but Interscope and certifications are so iffy.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

• Jase unpinned this topic

Archived