💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Has Gypsy chances to outsell Applause and DWUW?

GagaStan95

Featured Posts

freebit

Honestly, no, as I don't see Gypsy standing out unfortunately. It could end up getting lost in the shuffle (plus, its potential as a music video seems very limiting). Look at what happened to Katy and Uncle, as well as Miley and Adore You (Miley and her label are recruiting Cédric Gervais to rescue it). So if the radio audiences aren't here for ballads from the pop girls (and I consider Gypsy a power ballad) I don't see any reason to release it just to garner commercial success as it will likely be in vain.

Gypsy sold more than the other non-singles, so it seems like a safe bet, but I still don't think it would make a good single. A similar thing happened with Britney Jean with ISBE outselling Alien, yet everyone with ears knows Alien is the better track to release. Also, once again, Adore You was once the highest selling non-single from Bangerz, and look at what happened there. There are no guarantees.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that Gypsy would be a strong hit and yes, outsell them both!

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

shaneybaby

def think gypsy will be a single since it was supposed to be the original second single, (the venus. then dwuw lol) but it will do well bc its my fav song and everyone i know who hates gaga even LOVES it and tells me that the lyrics are amazing. i have 2 close friends that really dislike her and told me that. 

other than that i have lots of friends who are either fans or indifferent to her and all LOVE gypsy! never heard a negative word about it lol so i am confident in it 

shaneybaby

Oh god, MTN, poor MTN.

You speak the truth. She should probably release Gypsy sooner than later...

I do agree w this. MTN was btw best song n did the worst and i feel the same fate could be in store if gypsy isnt released next :/ which sucks bc ppl arent getting to hear her greatest songs in the proper way! MTN should have been lead or second for btw and GYPSY should be lead or second single from ARTPOP.

No the momentum has slowed and there are no more really huge opportunities for this era like she had with applause and dwuw.

Plus when teog was released she was still the biggest pop star of the moment.

But yea she will outsell both

hausofmike

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Givewaytopeds

I'd be hugely surprised now if it beat DWUW's #14.

This is the lowest interest in Gaga since she started, and the song is **** boring especially the opening, ala MTN.

Could come and go in the mid 20s, is my guess.

Looking back at this era, I think Applause was a good lead.  But they didn't pick a direction from there, they could have gone conservative with another inoffensive single with Gypsy then, or taken a Gaga brand song like Sexxx Dreams to captivate and freshen up the era. 

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived