Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Why Was AURA Changed As 1st Single?

nakedidea

Featured Posts

She literally said Sexxx Dreams was supposed to be the first single :smh:

When did she say it? In a tweet or somewhere else? I missed it..

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Battle 4 Ur Life

It should've been Aura, then Venus/DWUW, G.U.Y and Gypsy...then Applause.

^^^^^^Perfect ARTPOP era right there

edit: Oh, yeah, of course we can exchange Aura for Applause for lead single and it remains a perfect era. I also support Applause as a lead, its pretty s-o-l-i-d. Aura could be the last imo

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

• 6 months later...
Benji

It wouldn't have made a great lead single to be honest, it served as a good promotional one though

Emvee

Why are people saying the lead was Venus? Wasn't that song not conceived and finished until after Applause was already released?

"Venus" was the last song recorded for the album according to audio engineer, Dave Russell.

On September 19, 2013, Gaga posted a picture of her inside the studio booth finishing up vocals for the song.

The lead was supposed to be Sexxx Dreams

When did she say it? In a tweet or somewhere else? I missed it..

She said it in one of the first radio interviews during the Applause era. Jimmy Iovine ultimately decided that Applause would be the lead instead of SD.

:smh: but what am I wasting my time for? People are going to believe what they want to believe :smh:

That J

All I know is I'm pressed Venus got the shaft.

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

ShadesOfCool

You have no idea.

1. Initially, the first single was Venus. Other first single choices have been Sexxx Dreams, Gypsy and ARTPOP.

2. It wasn't Troy who chose Applause as the lead single, but Jimmy Iovine.

3. How is Applause trendy?

Venus was the last song she wrote for ARTPOP :fail:

bionic

Because Gaga's label know what they're doing. Aura would've been an awful lead single choice. Gaga's image would've been messy (because she would've went for her "burqa swag" look) and she'd be much worse off than she is now. But maybe if it was the lead single we'd never have the flawless demo and would be stuck with the only OK album version.

At least Machete Kills would've got some more promo, I guess.

Applause was a better choice, but not the best. 

buy bionic

judaslover

Aura would be a good lead single. But if it was going to be the lead single, they should make some changes: Intro is way too long, takes forever to get to Verse 1 of the song. Make intro shorter. Also, add more lyrics to the song, add more pre-chorus, chorus, and more lyrics to the bridge. And make the beat more explosive. EDM explosion. I think Gaga was right to want Aura as the lead single.

Pain of fame1

Aura would be a good lead single. But if it was going to be the lead single, they should make some changes: Intro is way too long, takes forever to get to Verse 1 of the song. Make intro shorter. Also, add more lyrics to the song, add more pre-chorus, chorus, and more lyrics to the bridge. And make the beat more explosive. EDM explosion. I think Gaga was right to want Aura as the lead single.

Too many changes aren't necessary! Change the intro, and maybe bigger bridge? Please don't touch the angelic chorus.

Manul

#Justice4SexxxDreams #Justice4Venus #Justice4Aura #Justice4Summerboy

And Aura would have slayed, the delusionists are they who believe that it wouldn't.

Actually ANYTHING except Donatella, Fashion, MJH & JnD would have slayed more than Applause did.

it wasn't laaaahv

ThatSLAYGUY

It kinda was the first single tho, my local radio station played it more than G.U.Y  :laughga:

Hybrid MonsTer

if Aura had a video .. it would have been a HUGE HIT .. too bad they switched it for Applause !

Archived