❤︎ OUT NOW! ❤︎

Watch: Ellen interviews Gaga

ArtGagaPop

Featured Posts

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Americano

I hate how she keeps talking about Taylor. It's not cute and its not related to her work, it's just a typical celebrity topic.

She looks rly rly good like wow. Is she gonna perform? She looks rly good.

Maybe I should press play??

3 points in and ready for more

MonsterOfSpain

She looks rly rly good like wow. Is she gonna perform? She looks rly good.

Maybe I should press play??

No, she's not performing this time :(

But what happened to Ellen? I mean, she looked awkward and bored. Why does it seem she doesn't like Gaga anymore? That wine moment was :wtf:

Katie14

I think the reason why the clips are kind of awkward is because Ellen wants Gaga to get personal (she did ask her how fame has changed her and what Dope is about) but Gaga doesn't know how deep she can go while still being appropriate for morning television. Gaga feels a little uncomfortable and this shows. She is talking about deep subjects but is trying to put a lighthearted spin on it. For example when she is talking about Swine and then laughs and says, "What time is it? Can I be talking about this so early haha?".  Also, Ellen looks concerned for her when she starts talking about her addictions, bad s-xual experiences, and the negatives of fame and she doesn't quite know what to say, almost like she wasn't expecting Gaga to say those things.

I feel bad for Gaga. I know she wants to talk about what really happened to her and how corrupt the music industry is but she is scared to fully reveal what went on behind the scenes. She has been mentioning these bad experiences in almost every recent interview but its like she is waiting for the perfect circumstance to really delve into it.

I do think the media and negativity is getting to her. She is upset about being misunderstood and knowing that people think she does things solely for attention and to sell her products. This is why she feels the need to defend her reasoning for wearing crazy outfits.

monsterdreams

Omg I just watched it

She is so adorable

When she was talking about taylor I was just like woah

Haters gonna need more than a flashlight for my shade

It's so strange, because Ellen is always so positive, happy and energetic during her interviews. She usually interrupts people while they are talking to say sth funny, but this time she was different. It seems that Gaga was talking about those sad things and was looking to Ellen with the hope that she will say sth, everybody laughs and moves on to the next question, but Ellen was just sitting and doing nothing, so Gaga seems kind of lost for some time and doesn't know what to say. She paused a lot so Ellen had an opportunity  to interrupt, but she didn't. Or when Gaga told about MJ's clothes at the end Ellen was like "ok it's time for a break". I expected her to say sth positive like "oh tha's fantastic what you've done, you're an amazing human being" she always does that, she always stays positive and compliments people. I think the interview seems awkward because of Ellen not because of Gaga, she TRIED to be as funny as she could by herself, but Ellen didn't help her. I have no idea what's going on with Ellen on this interview. Maybe she doesn't like Gaga anymore after the whole fur thing?? I don't even know, but she was different.

Ellen seems so distant towards Gaga, she's just really interviewing her, there's no friendly/joking atmosphere like before..

i don't know maybe, it wasn't her day  :shrug:

ditto

But I was also surprised about Ellen. I dont know if its good thing or bad that she didnt make jokes. Gaga was talkin about important subjects so maybe jokes would be kinda awkward in this place. On the other hand, we all know Ellen for her good humour but here it was nothing.

Ambrosia

You know, I kind of agree with that.  I was thinking too, that something was off here.  It did seem like Ellen was different.  Perhaps it was Gaga speaking about personal and serious things and she wanted to give her the stage and be respectful - let Gaga talk it out.  I'm not sure.  However, I was expecting the usual happy and fun interview and it didn't seem to be.  I understand that not everything can always be happy and playful, but I look to Ellen to escape some of those every day doldrums.  However, I hope Gaga feels better for discussing these things and it was cool about that fan up front with the make-up.  I think she made Gaga's day.

Do not do to others what angers you if done to you by others. -Socrates

gagaconvert

Gaga clearly wanted to open up during the interview so I think Ellen decided to just let her have her monologues and be serious for a few mins instead of interjecting with her usual humour. However, I do agree that after Gaga spoke she could have quickly made a few nice comments in response instead of just taking it straight to a break. That was a bit awkward.

But I was also surprised about Ellen. I dont know if its good thing or bad that she didnt make jokes. Gaga was talkin about important subjects so maybe jokes would be kinda awkward in this place. On the other hand, we all know Ellen for her good humour but here it was nothing.

Archived