❤︎ OUT NOW! ❤︎

Watch: Ellen interviews Gaga

ArtGagaPop

Featured Posts

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gaga was perfect, she seemed relaxed (got no "sadness" vibes) and got to pour her heart out which is always good. And the shallow part of me wants to comment that she looked so very beautiful to boot. :flutter:

Thank you. That clip should be included in the OP or something to get people to shut up about it. Gaga handled it well by saying she didn't know what he said about her but that he's family so of course he worries about her from time to time. (She couldn't call Ellen out on her bull**** on the spot, could she?)

And yeah, Ellen didn't come across as a kind person and that question about Elton threw me off completely. As an aside, isn't the fact that he claimed it had no basis in truth whatsoever (several times, as a matter of fact) not common knowledge here? It should be. So many "fans" here still use it to bash Gaga for some insipid reason, pretending to know what he "meant" with that vague-as-f*** non-existent comment.

Back to Ellen. I'm sorry, but her professionalism wasn't there at all that day with Gaga, it seems. And if she can fake smiles for and compliment about any other guest, she could've at least said something to her (especially when Gaga was talking with some dark subject matter) instead of promptly cutting to a break. I know there's very tight time constraints on such shows but that's not an excuse, normally she interrupts any of her guests several times during their talk.

About the Madonna theory floating around in this thread...    So Ellen would "understand" Madonna's viciousness, bullying and the insulting BTW mashup, but if Gaga dares to utter a word addressing this one-sided "feud", she's persona non grata? I don't know, that doesn't sound like a serious reason of Ellen's to me. Either way, her coldness was unnecessary and Gaga was saving the show with jokes without any response from her usually all-too talkative host.

I hope someone records the whole interview when it airs. Too bad she didn't performed this time  :noparty: but i guess she has a very busy schedule with ARTPOP released and the tour on the way + she might be planing to appear on other shows like Jay Leno or Letterman (he knows how to make it funny)

I cant believe how borring was it. This was almost like a monologue.The answers were far from beeing on point or coerent or new. Im surprised because I expected more from an Ellen interview.

PopBitch

I found it kind of sad. She seemed very contemplative and a little melancholic but yet vague in answers.  The audience was even very quiet. I felt the energy in the interview start lagging. It picked up when she talked about Taylor and she was so cute and adorable about him.

PopBitch

It's so strange, because Ellen is always so positive, happy and energetic during her interviews. She usually interrupts people while they are talking to say sth funny, but this time she was different. It seems that Gaga was talking about those sad things and was looking to Ellen with the hope that she will say sth, everybody laughs and moves on to the next question, but Ellen was just sitting and doing nothing, so Gaga seems kind of lost for some time and doesn't know what to say. She paused a lot so Ellen had an opportunity  to interrupt, but she didn't. Or when Gaga told about MJ's clothes at the end Ellen was like "ok it's time for a break". I expected her to say sth positive like "oh tha's fantastic what you've done, you're an amazing human being" she always does that, she always stays positive and compliments people. I think the interview seems awkward because of Ellen not because of Gaga, she TRIED to be as funny as she could by herself, but Ellen didn't help her. I have no idea what's going on with Ellen on this interview. Maybe she doesn't like Gaga anymore after the whole fur thing?? I don't even know, but she was different.

I got the complete opposite than you.  And Ellen loves Gaga, also.  Look at the great clips she ran beforehand.  She raved about the album. Talk about great promo. Ellen doesn't always rave about albums of guests. 

I think Gaga's seriousness throughout so much of the interview threw Ellen, and how do you expect Ellen to throw something funny in after a serious remark by Gaga?

Archived