Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

ARTPOP ACT II - Lyrics and Discussion Topic

SMILE2NE1

Featured Posts

It's not as overrated as Fashion of His Love, Out of Control, and Nothing On.

But people have different tastes.

Leave it alone.

I love FOHL so much but it's not overrated at all

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seeka

I love FOHL so much but it's not overrated at all

it's highly overrated. It is overpraised filler content.

Ladey Gagz

Tbh, it's her worst song. I'd rather listen to Bad Kids.

ibnprb5VF6unTO.gif

oh comon don't exaggerate. Bad kids. comon that was too far. :manicure:

Computer

I love Venus but I also hate Venus.

Here are some pros and cons

Pro:

Gaga loves it

Gaga made it

Live performances slay

It's weird

Sun-ra sample well placed

Planet choreography (Muppets special, etc)

The way she speak-sings "VENUS" in the beginning

Con:

Poor production quality.

Doesn't sound good or modern.

Bland and tinny.

Underproduced.

💚💛💕❣⭕💢💢 | ⓜⓔⓡⓡⓨ ©ⓗⓡⓘⓢⓣⓜⓐⓢ

Slayer

I agree that it is overrated by fans but not for your reasons. I think the chorus is one of her best, I think its catchy.

The structure of the song isn't that weird. I get what she was going for and even if some people can't digest it, I don't have a problem with the structure. I do however in a way think the song is like a Kidz Bop version of Geneva Jacuzzi or other performance art driven artists such as her. Not because Gaga isn't capable of better but I think she tends to dumb herself down a lot for her main consumers and then what is a good idea becomes a disjointed one because its not as creatively and boldly odd as it could've or should've been. She has this disconnect between making something eccentric and great and making something thats commercial and appeals to everyone. She always forces herself to be caught in that limbo, so for her to have a whole concept of an album about fusing those two things together perfectly when she never seems to be able to is what makes ARTPOP the critically mixed album that it is. She couldn't veil her shortcomings under anything because thats what was center stage.

Wow, really interesting points.   :applause:  However, I don't agree that she is never able to perfectly mix eccentric and niche art with catchy pop tunes. She sometimes succeeds, IMO. 

I like Venus. It's fun, catchy and cute, but it's nothing to write home about. It derives from the Poker Face/Bad Romance/Judas ilk and at this point in her career, that jingle chorus followed by a made-for-radio hook is starting to get a bit samey. 

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

LaLuna

It really annoys me how whenever a song is popular among fans, it's overrated. Some people here sound like such hipsters. Hell, even Bad Romance is overrated according to some fans :smh:

Personally, I love Venus, I think it's a great, catchy pop song and that's all that matters to me. If some of you don't think Venus is that great, that's totally fine. To each his own. But don't say it's overrated just because you don't like it as much as other people do.

Brooke Hoegan

I LOVE Venus for what it could be :emo:

but sadly, Gaga didn't deliver... it sooo messy and undeveloped it hurts :noparty:

LittleBoot

It wasn't my favorite song on the album but I kind of love the ABBA influence. That said I don't think it would have been a radio hit or a commercially successful single like some want to believe.

Psychedelic

Overrated??? In any case that song is so UNDERRATED!

IMO it's one of her best songs ever, just after BR, and the fact that it gained so much regognition among pop music fans when looking at the ARTPOP era in retrospective, makes it better than any single choice from the album!

I think it's a marvelous song because she gets the point between commerciality and experimentalism I wanted her to get. It's not her making a 90's pop-r&b-inspired song cause it's cool right now, (DWUW), it's not her ruining some of the best verses and bridge she's ever done (Applause ones) with a silly chorus and a generic production, it's not her ruining one of her greatest ballads with a dated electropop production (Gypsy), it's her having a melody that could have just slayed them all and instead of going for the easy way and giving it some EDM beats she decided to let her artistic instinct flourish. I don't say you have to like Venus, you may dislike the final result, but you have to realize it's too brave of a popstar to make a song like that and even wanting it to be a single. For me, it's one of the only tracks where she was allowed to make whatever she wanted, without being forced to sound radio-friendly or to try to appeal new public like hip-hop lovers or weed consumers, it's, next to Aura, the only track where she's really herself.

FameHookah

I actually think it's one of the best songs on ARTPOP. I love both Venus and G.U.Y. equally. I'm a Little Venusian Bottom. :derpga: Venus is quite exciting both musically and lyrically. The hooks are majestic. The "LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE" after the chorus is a legendary moment in Gaga's discography. The verses and chorus are catchy but not in a basic way which I worship. Chorus is my fav part of tge song. It's GODLY. The bridge is great too. And the vocals in tge pre-chorus are amazing. Gaga did a great job with its production. :legend:

Yaaaaaass THIS X10000 TIMES /THREAD

WTF is MDNA

The Child
I think it's a marvelous song because she gets the point between commerciality and experimentalism I wanted her to get. It's not her making a 90's pop-r&b-inspired song cause it's cool right now, (DWUW), it's not her ruining some of the best verses and bridge she's ever done (Applause ones) with a silly chorus and a generic production, it's not her ruining one of her greatest ballads with a dated electropop production (Gypsy), it's her having a melody that could have just slayed them all and instead of going for the easy way and giving it some EDM beats she decided to let her artistic instinct flourish. I don't say you have to like Venus, you may dislike the final result, but you have to realize it's too brave of a popstar to make a song like that and even wanting it to be a single. For me, it's one of the only tracks where she was allowed to make whatever she wanted, without being forced to sound radio-friendly or to try to appeal new public like hip-hop lovers or weed consumers, it's, next to Aura, the only track where she's really herself.
I listened Venus once more, I agree with what you're saying. It's definitely on pair with Aura.
‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Phlop

Its severly underrated.

If anything, Gypsy, DWUW, and G.U.Y get more undeserved praise.

Venus should have been a single before DWUW (which I love) and definetely instead of G.U.Y. Would've been the epic video we needed this era.

BYE

Cody Draco

YES VENUS AND AURA. :legend:

It is one of the best songs on ARTPOP ,but in general it is just an ok song imho.

Chorus and verses are nice but overall the song doesn't melt well into one piece. That's why it makes that 'meh' impression at first listen.

• Admin unpinned this topic
  • Mills locked this topic

Archived