đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

'ARTPOP' debuts at #1 in US with 260k

Americano

Featured Posts

I know Gaga's main fanbase is young, but it is times like these that show how short-sighted and spoiled some of them are. Maybe it has to do with immaturity or perspective?

Gaga debuted at #1 in all the major markets, including the US. Her WW sales for the first week will be well over 500K. Forbes just released an article naming her the 2nd highest paid musical act in 2013. (a year in which she cancelled almost her entire US tour and had major surgery and was laid up for 5 months) She's already had a top 5 hit song this album era and another hit song on its way.

Pop stars have eras that are more successful than others. No pop star stays on top. Not MJ, not Madonna, no one!

Some fans have such unrealistic expectations, they end up missing out on all the fun and joy behind the music. One day, you may look back at this time and wished that you just enjoyed what Gaga is giving you, instead of worrying about a bunch of idiots at cesspools like ATRL.

Gaga is #1 in the US! The music is great! Enjoy it!

Praise! :applause:

And ATRL's such an annoying place tbh, I've been there. It's too dramatic and messy. Don't let them discourage ya'll.

Edited by Sureshot
Love Trumps Hate

• Replies 993
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Americano

• JaggedMonster

• MikeyMoonShine

• MonsterOfSpain

MikeyMoonShine

What chart is she number 1 on just been on billboard and she's nowhere to be seen in the top ten

It's not official yet coz i think soundscan also count up the numbers to double check and then they update the chart, 

The possibility that HDD is wrong is like nothing though so yeh Gaga is number one now. 

Obviously these numbers aren't as big as we were expecting earlier in the year. However, she exceeded the downgraded predictions and she sold nearly the same amount as the other pop girls without as much promotion. I have no doubt in my mind had she promoted like she did with BTW, she would've pulled in more. I'm glad she's sort of doing things quieter this time around because it'll keep people from getting sick of her as quickly.

Good numbers in the US and great numbers worldwide.

MikeyMoonShine

Stop with the **** "these numbers are atrocious for Gaga",like she's not the #1 pop star anymore, and she's not as big as she was 4 years ago. The sells are good at least she's one

Yeah she also recently got named 2nd highest earning musician for 2013, i don't see no Katy Perry or Miley beating her there! 

In reality Gaga will probably always be above them not that this rivalry should matter. 

MikeyMoonShine

Obviously these numbers aren't as big as we were expecting earlier in the year. However, she exceeded the downgraded predictions and she sold nearly the same amount as the other pop girls without as much promotion. I have no doubt in my mind had she promoted like she did with BTW, she would've pulled in more. I'm glad she's sort of doing things quieter this time around because it'll keep people from getting sick of her as quickly.

Also no Roar, no We Can't Stop and no Wrecking Ball. 

I think it's important to feel good as we will all be being dragged all year probably. 

melodichard

Troy Carter

"One of the things we learned from the last album cycle was to make this about more than just the first week of sales. In the media industry, everyone is looking to front load, pushing for a high opening gross for a movie and high album sales in week one. But what about the second week, and the third week? We are looking at how can we stretch this campaign. Instead of just layering it with partners at the top of the campaign, pushing for high first-week sales, we want to make sales last longer."

Gaga probably didn't realize how low her opening week sales would be, so she was like "UR FIRED" when the predictions started rolling in lol

Edited by Melodichard

MikeyMoonShine

Troy Carter

Gaga probably didn't realize how low her opening week sales would be, so she was like "UR FIRED" when the predictions started rolling in lol

I am hoping that there is some longevity plan and that this was expected. is that too much to hope for? 

I know Gaga's main fanbase is young, but it is times like these that show how short-sighted and spoiled some of them are. Maybe it has to do with immaturity or perspective?

Gaga debuted at #1 in all the major markets, including the US. Her WW sales for the first week will be well over 500K. Forbes just released an article naming her the 2nd highest paid musical act in 2013. (a year in which she cancelled almost her entire US tour and had major surgery and was laid up for 5 months) She's already had a top 5 hit song this album era and another hit song on its way.

Pop stars have eras that are more successful than others. No pop star stays on top. Not MJ, not Madonna, no one!

Some fans have such unrealistic expectations, they end up missing out on all the fun and joy behind the music. One day, you may look back at this time and wished that you just enjoyed what Gaga is giving you, instead of worrying about a bunch of idiots at cesspools like ATRL.

Gaga is #1 in the US! The music is great! Enjoy it!

how many times does this have to be said for you to get it people?

MetalHausOfJosh

She's just not as popular anymore and it's something we're going to have to accept. Personally I would much rather stan for a multi-talented, loving and powerful woman than a generic popstar who's fed lyrics that are written by a team of men in suits. So yeah, there's that. :ohwell:

!!!!

That J

We knew sales weren't going to be huge like BTW obviously. I was expected closer to 300,000 but it is what it is. What's great news is we have a hit single on our hands (DWYW WILL explode once the video finally comes out. We need it NOW), plus I'm sorry but ARTPOP IS a singles album. There's a ton of singles to release so it can have longevity. We are also right at the peak buying season of the year. I think this album will be a good seller for months to come. We need a strong second week.

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

100% agree. Her music is strong enough to pick up momentum without a ton of promo. Look at 'Applause'!!! Can't wait for the DWUW video, I have a feeling it's going to be something really special :)

www.brianhowarddesign.com