💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

DWUW irish chart run a little too strange?

Yoshi

Featured Posts

So as I do every sunday I check on the uk/irish charts on itunes and see DWUW is 11 on irish tunes yay not too bad with no promo. 

but then i go to the official charts. DWUW aint there. 

WHAT. if its 11 on itunes how is it not charting!?

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p%2Fmusicvideo%2Fmusic%2Farchive%2Findex_test.jsp&ct=240001&arch=t&lyr=2013&year=2013&week=43

as the link there shows, it debuted at 9 on the 24th, then it dropped to 20 on the 31st, 26 for Nov 7th and the chart update on the 14th, its not there. It couldnt have dropped out of the top 100 singles already, like what? if its there on itunes on the edge of the top 10 that makes no sense.

so is this too fishy? is there some weird chart rule? or is it just not there because of no promo? I just cant get how its not there, iv even heard it on radio!

is that the primary place irish people buy their music? itunes doesn't always correlate with official sales in other countries.

bionic

is that the primary place irish people buy their music? itunes doesn't always correlate with official sales in other countries.

According to Wikipedia

Chart rankings are based on sales, which are compiled through over-the-counter retail data captured electronically each day from retailers' EPOS systems. Currently all major record stores and over forty independents submit data for the charts, accounting for over 80% of the market, according to Chart-Track.
buy bionic

According to Wikipedia

so which is the majority then, itunes or physical sales? i havent seen a single by pop artist in like 4 years

Sounds like Complete My Album effect.

I know nothing about Irish chart rules, but that would explain it. Previousy it seems they counted tracks sold with pre-orders, now they subtracted them.

bionic

so which is the majority then, itunes or physical sales? i havent seen a single by pop artist in like 4 years

physical apparently. it said that digital was around 14%

buy bionic

MonsterMarty

Sounds like Complete My Album effect.

I know nothing about Irish chart rules, but that would explain it. Previousy it seems they counted tracks sold with pre-orders, now they subtracted them.

Exactly right. Even Applause fell out of the top singles because of that impact - when you trade in your singles for albums their sales discount for the next week. There's some weird rule about part of last weeks sales being brought forward for the next week on the Irish charts, though I'm not sure of the specifics, so even with declining sales Gaga's three singles in the Top 100 would have fallen down the charts but not out of them by any means.

That effect ends now that preorders are accounted for so here's hoping promo helps push DWUW back up the charts here.

• Mills locked this topic

Archived