💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

'ARTPOP' set to debut at 240-260k

Americano

Featured Posts

I honestly think it'll end up selling more than Billboard's projected numbers. Might be wrong, but I don't think anyone predicted that Eminem would sell over 700,000 in the first week. And as Billboard points out in that article, it's hard to predict. 

Honestly though I ****ing hate this ****. Everyone being so obsessed with figures and numbers for the opening week. I hate people putting her down but we all know the truth so **** everyone else. 

• Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Americano

• Doot

• Aidenaude

• HANZ

Top Posters In This Topic

The album that you all having been stanning and calling your favourite album before you even heard it... You're giving up on because of lower sales after 2 minutes of release? I just can't

This whole fanbase is a complete mess. I feel sorry for Gaga, because half her fans are arrogant losers..They just try to jump ship  when she's not top of the world anymore.

SAD.

If the album is selling less because of the leaks, why oh why do record companies release albums on different dates in certain countries? It leaked because copies had to arrive in Asia early enough for their earlier release date but if it was released everywhere on the same day, surely the window between leak and actual release would be much smaller and thus downloading a torrent would not be as enticing? 9 days is a long time.

Edited by Iconoclast

ManuelMonsterr

Who cares, people just want gaga to be loved by everyone, The Fame Monster debuted at 215k stop being drama queens

THIS!

and these are good numbers , after the BTW fiasco be grateful that people still buy her albums :nails:

This whole fanbase is a complete mess. I feel sorry for Gaga, because half her fans are arrogant losers..They just try to jump ship  when she's not top of the world anymore.

SAD.

This.

Gaga is an artist first and foremost. Bjork is also an artist, as is tori amos. They don't have huge debuts anymore... But they're still respected. Chart figures don't represent credibility, talent and artistry do. And she is packed with that.

There won't be another bad romance or pokerface, she has already done that! - she has made an album she stands by and has shared it with the world. The amount of success and money she's had, she didn't have to release another album. But she did, for us! And I for one am so grateful that she has released this music so soon after a serious injury.

Also chart figures don't reflect the quality of the music, Beyonce's best album (4) was significantly lower the Sasha Fierce but she still remains credible. There is the rest of the world outside of this fan base who may not like the new music, the GP take up a huge chunk of figures...

And all of this putting gaga against perry is getting reallllly old. Prism was/is a good album too, other albums are allowed to be good too!

BlaqJezus

Who the **** cares...you worried she is gonna get dropped, or maybe she barely has money to live or something...I mean really people?  She could randomly write another "hit" album next year, aka an album that the GP likes rather than just fans.  Let us also consider she has so far promoted Applause...and...that is it so far really, everything else is random.  She obviously doesn't care or she would have just played and played the same song at every promo event.  When she starts copying dead south east asian artists from the nineties, dresses her backup singers in animal onesies, and can call an album "adult alternative"...then you can be scared...until then?  Enjoy the music, relax, you have an idol who is actually unique and has an opinion and control over all the creative aspects in her work...you don't get that anywhere else these days...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_FaetLaHjc

Listen haters/ ass hurt hardcore fans.

I endorse this post for two reasons. A) because you're right. B) because this song is her best unreleased song. :legend:

what i dont understand is how buying multiple copies of an album will help gaga?it ll just inflate (a little) the sales during first week and the drop afterwards will seems even bigger.plus its not like more ppl get exposed to gaga s music and buy it if some of her fans buy 5 copies.its still one person buying the music

tumblr_mw8agl8jmP1t16oh3o1_400.gif

No but seriously y'all ARTPOP's a grower not a shower

Couldn't agree more. If the singles are anything to go by, I have a feeling we're in for a long era, hopefully with album sales to match.

Jonathanholland

This is horrible! And I actually have to admit it's her own fault. She hardly did any promo after she was gone for 2.5 years. You just can't expect high album sales after the mess that was the 2nd part of the btw era, such a long brake and no promo. 275k isn't even that bad with this conditions. :(

Edited by JonathanHolland1
Before there was love, there was silence

The Professor

Couldn't agree more. If the singles are anything to go by, I have a feeling we're in for a long era, hopefully with album sales to match.

Yep, DWUW slays the GP. All my friends love it, radio loves it, critics love it. I predict like a cascade of sales.

DWUW chart success -----> GP realizes not all the album is like applause -----> ARTPOP sales climb