💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

The Guardian reviews ARTPOP

scrappy

Featured Posts

If she had named it something else critics would be less harsh, because I have to agree with them, what's so artsy about ARTPOP? If we go by the fact that every piece of music is art, which I agree with, then how does ARTPOP set itself apart? It doesn't. It's a great pop album, one of the best, and my favourite these last couple of years, but I understand the critics bashing the lack of "art".

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Smooth Criminal

That said, nor is ARTPOP the car crash her detractors are willing it to be. It's a decent, if flawed, pop album, its good bits good enough to keep her filling stadiums as big as the gulf between her ideas and her music.

Smooth Criminal

The "ART" part is the imagery she is providing. The PICTURES, the VISUALS, the VIDEOS, etc.

The "POP" part is the music she is providing. And different genres of music (ROCK, POP, R&B, EDM etc)

Thus combining the "ART" and "POP" together, to make ARTPOP!

What's so hard to understand about that?

Smh.

If she names it ARTPOP and talks about her straight intention of melting art and pop (being reiterative in a lot of statements), she should deliver and she doesn't.

I'll agree with all the reviews that get this as a point to lower the score of this simply great pop album.

:nails:

If she released ARTPOP with lyrics all about art and pop they would call it boring pop album and calling for FunGa to come back. She just can't get a rest. :smh:

Curunir

why are all of you so pissed because of reviews? they're the crappiest form of criticism for any type of art. do they even affect the opinion of people? like if someone tells you that the album is bad, does that mean you shouldn't listen to it or buy it or like it? same goes for movies

FrozenKookie

They are so tasteless. And he gave matangi 4 stars? Reductive :coffee:

i6r1Dt30ma82I_zps924a9e3e.gif

What's wrong with Matangi?

Let Love Down

When you set the target of art you should meet it. If you can't meet the target, throw it. Art is not only about performing in front of the audience. Art should also be in music. The artistic side of pop music is not enough in this album. So 3/5 is reasonable.

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived