Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

BuzzFeed ARTPOP Review

kubrick

Featured Posts

I found this review to be most reflective of my own opinion.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/perpetua/lady-gaga-ARTPOP

Here are some excerpts below:

"She caters to the sort of fan who most enjoys pop music when artists take huge risks and are willing to make grand statements without being afraid of looking foolish. She fully embraces the peculiar mix of beauty and ridiculousness that can come from unchecked hubris."

"ARTPOP sounds like it was recorded in an igloo made of c-----e and feels like diving headfirst into the most glorious extremes of her narcissism and pretentiousness. It’s gleaming and glamorous and relentlessly ecstatic..."

"Everyone else should just skip [ARTPOP], because Gaga is at the point where she’s not really interested in entertaining anyone but her core fans. There is a real thrill in hearing a major star be this willing to alienate casual listeners in the name of following her muse and rewarding her diehard fans. ARTPOP is the polar opposite of Katy Perry’s Prism, a bland pop record designed for mass appeal that is too lacking in quirks and character to have much resonance. Gaga’s obsession with fame, fashion, pop history, and her own cult of personality may be off-putting to many, but it results in music that is increasingly distinct and sui generis."

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Checkers

"ARTPOP sounds like it was recorded in an igloo made of c-----e and feels like diving headfirst into the most glorious extremes of her narcissism and pretentiousness. It’s gleaming and glamorous and relentlessly ecstatic..."

Yes! :legend:

boobtank

ARTPOP is the polar opposite of Katy Perry’s Prism, a bland pop record designed for mass appeal that is too lacking in quirks and character to have much resonance.

:dies:  :rip:

"Everyone else should just skip [ARTPOP], because Gaga is at the point where she’s not really interested in entertaining anyone but her core fans. There is a real thrill in hearing a major star be this willing to alienate casual listeners in the name of following her muse and rewarding her diehard fans. ARTPOP is the polar opposite of Katy Perry’s Prism, a bland pop record designed for mass appeal that is too lacking in quirks and character to have much resonance. Gaga’s obsession with fame, fashion, pop history, and her own cult of personality may be off-putting to many, but it results in music that is increasingly distinct and sui generis."

I feel like this applies more to Born This Way, but I agree.

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

YASSS finally a good review.

I read like 6 reviews and none of them were positive one even said this was the end of her career so I don't want to read any reviews I love the album and I don't care about "critics opinions".

Ray of Light

Enough with bringing up Katy. They're both on their own lanes & it's time to get over it.

This critic expects ARTPOP to be a commercial failure (relatively speaking), and I feel the same way. But who gives a flying F***!? I'm not interested in most of what the average consumers wants and why should this be any different. 

"Everyone else should just skip [ARTPOP], because Gaga is at the point where she’s not really interested in entertaining anyone but her core fans. There is a real thrill in hearing a major star be this willing to alienate casual listeners in the name of following her muse and rewarding her diehard fans. ARTPOP is the polar opposite of Katy Perry’s Prism, a bland pop record designed for mass appeal that is too lacking in quirks and character to have much resonance. Gaga’s obsession with fame, fashion, pop history, and her own cult of personality may be off-putting to many, but it results in music that is increasingly distinct and sui generis."

Absolutely. 

Enough with bringing up Katy. They're both on their own lanes & it's time to get over it.

I think the point of the bringing up Katy was to highlight exactly what you mentioned. They're two different type of artists. But you're right, they shouldn't be compared/contrasted anymore. 

ARTPOPsical0312

Here, we see human beings who actually like Lady Gaga. *Tour Guide Voice* :derpga:

this made me laugh way too hard

MessyTop

Yes! :legend:

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS

right? Their sound is nothing alike. The fact that they are constantly compared comes off as s-xist to be honest. The only thing they share is gender. 

Archived