Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

US Charts Discussion - 'ARTPOP' debuts at #1

Americano

Featured Posts

Dangerous Man

I can't believe Miley is releasing another ballad . . . a boring ass one at that. I really hope radio just ignores her. The sooner she goes away the better

Adore You? Yasssss.

Miley is like the combination of Adele and Gaga. lol.

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nick4bty

Wait is Adore You the next single?

Yupp.

Clearly her label realizes that the rest of the album is a mess and they're playing it extremely safe. Smart, but ugh, hearing Adore You on the radio is gonna be worse than hearing Stay nonstop for 5 months straight. 

The more I listen to G.U.Y, the more I realize it would smash hard. But so would Gypsy. I'm torn for the third single. I'm losing belief in Sexxx Dreams though. I think people would love it, but I can't really see radio jumping on board. 

It kind of sounds less single-worthy after the changes she made to it

But it's still a solid pop song. Imo, It would either smash or flop. 

Then again, some of her greatest hits have been the same way.. 

:messga:

Arturo

Yupp.

Clearly her label realizes that the rest of the album is a mess and they're playing it extremely safe. Smart, but ugh, hearing Adore You on the radio is gonna be worse than hearing Stay nonstop for 5 months straight. 

5 months straight? Um, you're lucky you don't live in my city that WORSHIPS the ground Rihanna walks on because I've been hearing Stay since the turn of 2013.

nick4bty

It kind of sounds less single-worthy after the changes she made to it

But it's still a solid pop song. Imo, It would either smash or flop. 

Then again, some of her greatest hits have been the same way.. 

:messga:

You mean Sexxx Dreams? The chorus would smash hard, but those verses....I don't think radio would go for that. It's the same problem that Venus has, imo. It could smash, or it could flop. I want Gaga to take that chance, but I'd rather her go with Gypsy and G.U.Y first - I would be genuinely shocked if those don't smash hard.

5 months straight? Um, you're lucky you don't live in my city that WORSHIPS the ground Rihanna walks on because I've been hearing Stay since the turn of 2013.

Well, nonstop for 5 months. I still hear it on the radio a lot too lol. Just wait until December - I wouldn't be surprised if some stations put it back into PR rotation just for their year ends lists lmao. 

Yupp.

Let's not forget that Adore You surged into the iTunes top 10 upon release. It's very likeable.

However, it's a very boring song that doesn't go anywhere. It's not gimmickey either, something Miley RELIES on to sell her recent material. If she shoots a low-key, lousy video for this song, it will not go anywhere. I can foresee this happening, since Adore You doesn't exactly open the doors to "creativity." 

You mean Sexxx Dreams? The chorus would smash hard, but those verses....I don't think radio would go for that. It's the same problem that Venus has, imo. It could smash, or it could flop. I want Gaga to take that chance, but I'd rather her go with Gypsy and G.U.Y first - I would be genuinely shocked if those don't smash hard.

Agreed. Gypsy and G.U.Y are definite hits. Having a flop this early in the era would significantly damage it. 

That way, if it smashes it's a huge bonus, and if it doesn't, all isn't lost. :yes:

nick4bty

Let's not forget that Adore You surged into the iTunes top 10 upon release. It's very likeable.

However, it's a very boring song that doesn't go anywhere. It's not gimmickey either, something Miley RELIES on to sell her recent material. If she shoots a low-key, lousy video for this song, it will not go anywhere. I can foresee this happening, since Adore You doesn't exactly open the doors to "creativity." 

It's sooooo boring. It goes nowhere, I hate that. But you're right, it went Top 10 extremely fast and stayed there for awhile. It'll likely be a hit digitally, so hopefully radio is hesitant and it peaks low (like WCS). 

Agreed. Gypsy and G.U.Y are definite hits. Having a flop this early in the era would significantly damage it. 

That way, if it smashes it's a huge bonus, and if it doesn't, all isn't lost. :yes:

Yeah, the longer she can sustain radio support the better. Sexxx Dreams could be a Poker Face-sized smash, or it could fizzle out like Work Bitch. It's so hard to predict. 

Adore You was the only song I liked on Bangerz lol. Smart decision considering it charted the highest on iTunes.

Okay. I agree, though, radio is eating up Zedd right now. If Stay The Night lasts until January, releasing G.U.Y as the third single might be a good Zedd radio followup. 

Finally I know why GUY has so many stans. I just listened without worrying who produced what, but all the Zedd stans who whine about DJWS having too many singles were stanning for it before they even heard it.

IMO, Zedd's production doesn't stand out as anything special on the album or on Clarity (the ft. singer makes that song too).

Archived