Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

personal short review of ARTPOP <3

GagaLady

Featured Posts

1. Aura: very fresh and unique sound.. BAD ASS song! (the killer chorus..) perfect to open the album.

2. Venus: This is the perfect sound to describe Gaga's music style. Just a bit pity about the production.. (but, still for me: Venus > Bad Romance > Poker Face > Judas)

3. G.U.Y.: intro, verse, chorus, bridge, instrumental, vocal.. nothing is missing <3

4. Sexxx Dreams: s-xy, nasty song, the final version is a bit too added, but I still love it.. (bring the brigde back and take the "you were in my" away!!)

5. Jewels N' Drugs: nontypical Gaga song at all! ..the bridge saved the song xP (I just hardly like Hip-Hop & Rap)

6. MANiCURE: (I donno why but almost everything on Swinefest sounded kinda better..) This song is s-xy & rocks & it's kinda G.A.Y.  :heart: 

7. Do What U Want: one of the most commercial song on the album, surprisingly great collabo! (very catchy >.<)

8. ARTPOP: very hypnotizing, captivating sound, comfortable to ears! (btw seems like there's no climax in this song.. well.. it makes this song much more comfortable, though..)

9. Swine: I personally prefer the studio version, not too weird as the Swinefest one. Amazing EDM!

10. Donatella: along with G.U.Y. my favorite <3 L.O.V.E. the b---hy intro & lyrics <3

11. Fashion!: beautiful instrumental.. but sometimes sounds kinda off key :S & Madonna - Holiday.. Oh NO They Didn't.. :< my least fav of the album so far..

12. Mary Jane Holland: could've been on Born This Way.. kinda comfortable & addictive sound :>

13. Dope: my personal fav <3 I cried while listening to Gaga's vocals on this song.. one of the best vocals on the album!

14. Gypsy: a very powerful ballade! I love the song, but not my personal fav, if I'm not lying.. The sound gets kinda quickly over..

15. Applause: AMAZING song to end the album. Very original, catchy and energetic. (could've been the last single of ARTPOP..)

personal preferred single materials: G.U.Y. > Venus > Gypsy > Donatella > Swine > Sexxx Dreams > ARTPOP

Oh, I didn't mention that.. the full point by me meant to be 0 ;) I love all of the songs over my standard scale!!!

im sick of these people putting down J&D cause its rap 

gtfo of the dance/pop shell and open your horizon to different types of music. 

They aren't putting it down... They are just saying that they personally don't like rap music. People are allowed to have opinions 

They aren't putting it down... They are just saying that they personally don't like rap music. People are allowed to have opinions 

If you're going to review something, you're going to review it from a non-biased point of view. 

"Oh yeah i don't like rap, so yeah 5/10 for J&D"

lol not here for that, I'm looking for some "actual" critical jabs at the song.

Bambino

It's called tastes.

They don't have to open themselves up to anything they don't want to :shrug:

If you're going to review something, you're going to review it from a non-biased point of view. 

"Oh yeah i don't like rap, so yeah 5/10 for J&D"

lol not here for that, I'm looking for some "actual" critical jabs at the song.

I understand what your saying... But if you don't like rap music then you can't really say anything but that its not your taste. And he's not a PROFESSIONAL critic.. Its a "PERSONAL" short review of ARTPOP. 

It's called tastes.

then don't review a song that you have no idea about its genre, putting it a 5/10 just lowers its viability in the album which is retarded because its a great song. 

Bambino

then don't review a song that you have no idea about its genre, putting it a 5/10 just lowers its viability in the album which is retarded because its a great song. 

Just because that specific song got a 5/10 doesn't mean the genre is bad. There are great rap songs and there are bad rap songs. There are great pop songs and there are horrible pop songs. What's the big deal? It's a matter of taste. It's just not some people's cup of tea.

I understand what your saying... But if you don't like rap music then you can't really say anything but that its not your taste. And he's not a PROFESSIONAL critic.. Its a "PERSONAL" short review of ARTPOP. 

I know but after the 10th review of putting J&D down its sickening. Why would I want to read someones opinion about a rap song when they "apparently" have no idea about it. 

Don't just rate down a song because you don't like the genre, it puts you in a stupid position. 

Great review! I mostly agree with you. Fashion and J&D are my least fav. And i LOVE Donatella

It's called tastes.

Thanks for supporting  :heart:

I know but after the 10th review of putting J&D down its sickening. Why would I want to read someones opinion about a rap song when they "apparently" have no idea about it. 

Don't just rate down a song because you don't like the genre, it puts you in a stupid position. 

Objectivity consists of many, innumerable subjectivities.

You just want to hear someone praising J&D cause you probably like it or worship Gaga generally..

Music is something to feel, not to interpret. It's my 'subjective thoughts' of music, if you have another 'subjective philosophy', pls don't start a contentious conversation.. :)

EdgeofTeeth

Preach  :nails:

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived