💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

The Hunger Games

ll7lax

Featured Posts

I have the strongest urge to watch the movie again, but all the links are so ****ty :cry:

Go see it again in theaters :nails: :nails: :nails:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ChasingTheGhost

• MattyMonster

• KingAlanI

• Parka

KingAlanI

haa my favourite bit:

JENNIFER LAWRENCE

Stop, I volunteer! I am not the greatest girl in the world, no, I am just a tribuuuuute!

Cracked is my favorite humor website after all. :)

anyway, it was accurate about the Capitol citizens' obliviousness, and had a really funny way of referring to the shaky-cam and non-Battle Royale influences. IMHO, some of the plot critiques were fair and some weren't.

KingAlanI

THG-themed conversation I had on another forum:

Alan:

I'm enough of a currency nerd to compare the Panem districts to the Federal Reserve Bank districts (unrelated - Fed numbering starts on the East Coast, Panem numbering starts in the Rockies, and the borders are pretty much totally different)

Steve:

District 12 reps! Haven't read...but my daughter has the 1st two books (and the Easter Bunny will bring the third...and the movie soundtrack). Thought it was an interesting premise when we saw the movie trailer, so picked up the book for her after realizing that it wasn't going to happen any time soon at the library. Thought it was a very intense experience! 480 Holds in the DE State Library System...and that's just the 1st book. The girls at my daughter's dance school have been talking about this non-stop, so I had a good idea what to expect going in. Assuming most people have read it and knew what to expect, there was a considerable amount of anguish in the theater when Rue got it...I was too busy admiring Katniss shooting Marvel in the chest.

Alan:

library system is a county thing in this part of NY - several dozen copies checked out or on hold.

Found a copy of the 3rd book today.

the screening I went to was clear of emotional fangirls

yes, Katniss' archery was very impressive

the Rue/Katniss scenes were still emotional though nobody in my theater was a crybaby

Steve:

Well, since our entire state (Delaware) is 3 counties, easy to consolidate into one system. About a third of the way through the 1st book...I like the details in the book and movie, especially with the archery. I shoot, so I liked how Katniss holds...too many movies portray archery inaccuartely.

When my daughter went, I can only assume the theater was full of teen girls...waterworks were expected (and I think the violence shocked the chaperone mom...then again, she won't let her daughter have a Mockingjay pin because she might poke herself with it...) I went to a midweek showing at dinnertime, mostly empty theater but I definitely heard someone asking 'is it over...I don't want to look'. Can't think of too many kids' death scenes that linger like Rue's...maybe one of Mel Gibson's kids in The Patriot or Jennifer Grey in Red Dawn.

Alan:

I went early Sunday afternoon of opening weekend, also fairly quiet.

I don't shoot much and not in awhile, but I was still impressed.

It was a nice touch when Katniss threw a clump of dirt into the air to gauge the wind.

The arrowheads had two blades instead of four.

I thought the weapons overall were very sleek.

There could have been even more violence. One of my few criticisms is how some of the violence was masked with shaky camera work. I would have preferred that it be left in or at least censored less obtrusively (I understand that they wanted a PG-13 rating).

Steve:

About 2/3 of the way through the [1st] book, then I just have to grab Catching Fire from my daughter...she talked to another friend of hers who spent about 10 minutes with her eyes shut during the Bloodbath.

I liked the 'Katniss Cam'...with the buzzing of the TrackerJackers (and Caesar showing up as part of the hallucination) and her ears ringing after she blew up the supplies.

Alan:

Shaky camera work did fit the hallucination plot point

Steve:

Finished the 1st book last night, probably start and finish Catching Fire this weekend. Have to wait until my daughter finishes Mockingjay before I get a chance.

THG MediaFire folder in progress: http://www.mediafire.../?aow32dakmdiu4

I'm reading the books and everyone I've spoken to said the books peak during The Hunger Games and the next two just sort of going downhill. Anyone vouch for that? I don't want to waste my time if the rest can't beat the original. =/

tumblr_m1oh4coixy1rqr2x8o1_400.gif

:lmao:

:lmao:

KingAlanI

I thought the series got even better with the later books, at least stayed just as good

-

Suzanne Collins would like to thank Stephenie Meyer for lowering the bar

-

Went to a hockey game tonight, hockey fights seem kinda mundane now

Edited by KingAlanI

I saw the movie last Thursday, read the whole first book Friday, as soon as I woke up Saturday I bought Catching Fire and finished that in a few days and then started and finished Mockingjay by the end of the week. Then I saw the movie again. ADDICTIVE AS ****. I thought the film did the book justice, aside from them having random dogs at the end instead of the muttations of the tributes, gah. Can't wait for the Catching Fire movie, though! When does shooting begin?

I can totally picture Megan Fox as Johanna.

Edited by pbmike

KingAlanI

I saw the movie last Thursday, read the whole first book Friday, as soon as I woke up Saturday I bought Catching Fire and finished that in a few days and then started and finished Mockingjay by the end of the week. Then I saw the movie again. ADDICTIVE AS ****. I thought the film did the book justice, aside from them having random dogs at the end instead of the muttations of the tributes, gah. Can't wait for the Catching Fire movie, though! When does shooting begin?

I can totally picture Megan Fox as Johanna.

with you on pretty much all of this.

KingAlanI

I've heard some critics say that part of the plot is contrived or something. well, that's an aspect of the setting. clever. (also, there may be explnations not revealed by first person narration)

THG grossed another $6.5 million yesterday, consecutively claiming the #1 spot for 22 days :legend:

The domestic total is now at $322 million, making it the 26th highest grossing film ever in the US and Canada. This means that it has surpassed all of the Twilight movies, and has now even surpassed the first Harry Potter film, meaning that only the 3D-inflated Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows Pt. 2 has a higher gross than THG in that series.

This film will, as predicted, probably stay at #1 until The Avengers is released on May 4th. :legend: :legend: :legend: :legend: :legend:

Someone on tumblr just pointed out that they didn´t mentioned Effie´s name ONCE in the movie! :jawdrop: :omg: :eek: :cry: :huh::crossed:

I'm pretty sure they did :huh: Because I said to my friend (who hadn't read the books) during the movie "I love her, the girl with the crazy hair and makeup." and she goes "You mean Effie?"

I bought the book a year ago or so when I went to the US, but I never started it. I started it yesterday, because I saw a tv spot about the movie. I'm pretty much finished with it. Just bought Catching Fire :creepflop:

KingAlanI

Liam > Alexander >> Josh tbh

I'm straight but not blind; I wonder why Josh/Peeta got most of the drool. I suppose Alexander/Cato could get overlooked as a secondary character especially if the viewer isn't particularly familiar with the series.

Also, you're right about those crazy pop star outfits being appropriate for the Capitol. :P

After a strong performance this weekend, remaining #1 for four consecutive weeks, box office a--lysts now predict that THG will make a total domestic gross of $370 million, which would put it somewhere around the 17th highest grossing domestic movie ever :legend: :legend: :legend: :legend:

Also, this is the first time since 2009's "Avatar" that a movie has been #1 at the box office for 4 consecutive weekends in a row. So..suck it, 3D inflated movies :legend: :legend: :legend: :legend:

Edited by Parka