Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

The Hunger Games

ll7lax

Featured Posts

dynamicdiana

I haven't read the book yet. But I love the movie so much. I heard that there's "alot" of difference.

Edited by dynamicdiana

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ChasingTheGhost

• MattyMonster

• KingAlanI

• Parka

MuffinMan

I haven't read the book yet. But I love the movie so much. I heard that there's "alot" of difference.

Not much, they just erased like five characters. :teehee:

dynamicdiana

oh really? that's good! Coz' I really heard that it was kinda far from the movie. :dancecat: not gonna ask who is that 5 tho. :)

Robot

I've read the first two books to the series and I'm around page 100 in Mockingjay.

I've also seen the movie...

Not to mention the way Katniss got the Mockingjay pin and the Cornucopia. :teehee:

Queen Gloria

The only big changes are missing a few characters, and yes how Katniss got the Mockingjay pin. I didn't notice that many differences though. There were a few details cut, like Prim's goat, but that didn't need to be shown since Katniss referenced it when they were talking. Overall I loved the movie and it was very close to how I imagined the book. Beautiful art design and cinematography by Gary Ross. I couldn't understand how they were going to do the fireball scene, but seeing Katniss running through the smoke made it work. The effects in the hallucination scene were so cool too :legend: Ugh, I need to see it again!

Edited by CarrieMoonbeam

KingAlanI

yeah, the crazy camerawork fit the hallucination scene

since the books weren't too long, they didn't have to cut too much.

a lot of great visuals.

KingAlanI

You might be a Hunger Games fan if the word 'Titus' makes you think of the cannibalistic District 6 tribute.

Queen Gloria

I can name hundreds of differences between the book and movie. :sweat:

Name 'em :lolgaga:

ryhanna

I'm a little nervous about new writers for Catching Fire. Seeing as the script is the spine of a movie, it'd better be good. New writer better try and cross over smoothly.

KingAlanI

You might be a Hunger Games fan if the word 'Titus' makes you think of the cannibalistic District 6 tribute.

I live near a street named 'Titus', so this one happens a lot for me.

Also, if you think of Lenny Kravitz as Cinna, his music career nonwithstanding

KingAlanI

came across an interesting point about the series:

The dystopia is a mix of drowning in pleasure and brutal oppression, Brave New World style and 1984 style rather than one or the other.

I read all three books within two weeks^^ So crazy, but the story is just too amazing and addicting :worship2: :heart: And even so I missed a few things in the movie I thought all in all they made a great adaption! I even liked the "shaky" camera

Edited by pepsi

KingAlanI

Finnick casting info:

http://www.eonline.c...ing_down/319733

Finnick has quite a tan; the actor on the right seems too pale.

I don't know anything about any of the three as actors.

-

revised the existing chapters of my fanfic to present the dialogue better. stoked about writing the rest.

-

I read all three books within two weeks^^ So crazy, but the story is just too amazing and addicting :worship2: :heart: And even so I missed a few things in the movie I thought all in all they made a great adaption! I even liked the "shaky" camera

with you on this, except that I read them even quicker and didn't like shakeycam