Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner

ARTPOP Leak Thread (NO LINKS or CLOSE)

Spyro

Featured Posts

ibkFHMy89jKunc.gif

I have people over my house and when I saw this gif I legit screamed and started cackling, and everyone stopped talking and looked at me like I was crazy 

I don't know why in the LQ versions it sounded like "you-make-my-HEART-POP," thank jeebus it's still the same.

Sexxx Dreams is unbelievably amazing. I almost don't want it to be a single b/c it would be censored on the radio. Fashion! also pleased me more than what I expected, based on what I read on here   :sweat:

tezbear91

Fashion is a proper tune! who ever doesnt love it needs to retune their ears and join the funky party.

battle for your life.

Here is my track-by-track review of ARTPOP, based more on just my personal reaction to the album after listening to each song a minimum of 5 times, and less of the technical stuff. I find it's just fun to write it all out; it makes you realize how much meat there is to this album. 

1. Aura (8.5/10): I've kinda grown tired of this one, and preferred vocals on demo, but HQ makes the album version worthwhile.

2. Venus (9/10): I really like this song, especially the first part, after that it kinda goes in several different directions, which has been discussed before on here, but I'm happy with this only being a promo single.

3. G.U.Y (10/10): A standout track in the album for sure, love the production on it, flows very well, it'd be very radio friendly.

4. Sexxx Dreams (7.5/10): I like the song but I get a weird vibe, I'd say more messy, like there was in the BTW album maybe?

5. Jewels N' Drugs (6.5/10): Mehh it may grow on me, but this definitely would speak more to those who like urban music, which is not my kind of genre.

6. MANiCURE (8/10): The song is catchy, not my favorite but still decent, and will be listened to. I don't like that she says "MANiCURE" so much, though.

7. Do What You Want (10/10): This is in the running to be my favorite track off the album. I love R. Kelly's part too, and the song is going to chart well, really loving it, and all my friends love it too (they'd be considered GP).

8. ARTPOP (7/10): I don't know how I feel about this song, I love everything but the chorus. Just the "ARTPOP, ARTPOP, artpoooooop" sounds awful to me, and makes me not want to listen to the song.

9. Swine (10/10): I LOVE THIS, the EDM is amazing, I wish more songs on this album were like this, I dream of everyone dancing to this song while I'm in the clubs.

10. Donatella (8/10): The song is good, except I had to cut out the first 20 seconds because it was weird to me. Also, it kinda feels like an Icona Pop song during the chorus, still a decent song. I don't agree with those who claim this should be the next single, it doesn't seem appealing to the GP at all in my opinion.

11. Fashion! (6.5/10): The start of the song is really cool, and throughout it's a nice cool fun beat. Although the last 40 seconds are horrible. In the end it kinda feels like a filler, the only filler. I was very disappointed given that I actually love will.i.am, and wasn't RedOne on this track as well?

12. Mary Jane Holland (9.5/10): Love this song, the beat is good, the lyrics are catchy, I love the part when she calls out to the crowd.

13. Dope (8/10): This being a ballad, I was not the biggest fan at first as I tend to dislike ballads. However, I feel the passion in the song and it's very emotional and raw. Beautiful song, even if it won't appear in my "Top 25 Most Played" in iTunes. 

14. Gypsy (9.5/10): The song feels so catchy, I love it when it's sped up towards the end. It kinda has the best of both, it's kind of a ballad then it speeds up and brings a nice pop beat.

15. Applause (10/10): Unlike many others, I fell in love with Applause the second I heard the first leaked snippet. It has been my jam for a while now, and I still enjoy every listen on the radio or on my phone. Because it was the lead single, it'll probably stick as my favorite song on ARTPOP, because I've listened to it so many times, or it'll be a close second.

Standout tracks:  :party: 
G.U.Y, DWUW, Swine, MJH, Gypsy, Applause

Disappointing tracks:  :noparty: 
Jewels N' Drugs, Fashion!

All in all, I am very happy and impressed with ARTPOP. I can't believe it's finally here, after all the wait. It seems like yesterday that I was listening to the BTW leak in my room (with disappointment I must say). It is without a doubt the best pop album that has been put out in a while. ARTPOP has become my favorite Lady Gaga album thus far.  :worship:

Overall score 8.5/10

Edited by Sebastien

I just woke up and Merlin's Beard!

The pages in  this thread has doubled.

THE THIRST.

:troll:

Can anyone please PM me the HQ Download link?  :excited2:

To me, it's definitely her worst album. Maybe it will grow on me. I loved the other albums from day one tho.

Yeah my first impression wasn't the best either. Some of the tracks are very overproduced. It DOES grow on you though.

just downloaded ARTPOP hq      here we gooo :party:  :party:  :party:

Can you PM me the link? thank you!

I really really need it. :)

SAMUELSTJAMES

Lets all acknowledge the vocal power of gaga, her range and power has improved dramatically/actually been used to its true potential

• Guest locked this topic