💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Troy Carter Talks ARTPOP marketing strategy

Unicorn De Milo

Featured Posts

Arturo

Yes new app info finally!

Gurl, he's talking about ARTPOP's marketing strategy and you just mention the app? :sweat:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, lets hope the plan works. :) ...I have a feeling the tour will be announced before the year ends, or early next!

One of the things we learned from the last album cycle was to make this about more than just the first week of sales. In the media industry, everyone is looking to front load, pushing for a high opening gross for a movie and high album sales in week one. But what about the second week, and the third week? We are looking at how can we stretch this campaign. Instead of just layering it with partners at the top of the campaign, pushing for high first-week sales, we want to make sales last longer.

This explains a lot of things

This worked with Applause  :excited2:

Kindness rules all.

Jesse Pinkman

Omg this is what I'm in school for. Teach me Trey teach me :flutter:

It's science, bitch

Unicorn De Milo

Gurl, he's talking about ARTPOP's marketing strategy and you just mention the app? :sweat:

C: We have built an app for Apple and Android phones that will give a richer experience around the music. We set out about a year ago to start building it with some incredible engineers and story-tellers. It will be a free app. Version one will be released with the album, and two or three more versions will come out over the next few months.

All I looked for was if they talked about the app and YES! Some new info on the app. Idk why but I'm more excited for the app...maybe because its been such a mystery. 

Unicorn De Milo

This worked with Applause  :excited2:

That's what I thought, I think that unlike the BTW era they want ARTPOP to have more of a longevity rather than just make an impact for the 1 week and then drop

australiagaga

We've had no app info for a long time, to the point where people were questioning whether it would be released. It's nice to have clarification :awkney:

And some of you people thought Interscope was doing things by the seat of their pants.... *rolls eyes*

Quite the Intruiging read :party:

Archived