💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

LISTEN: Mary Jane Holland : HQ Snippet

Sexxx

Featured Posts

drbumblenut

The lyrics are complete garbage.

We've officially heard the Hair of ARTPOP. Concept executed with painfully literal lyrics, the song wears its intent on its sleeve.

So far once the album comes out this and Swine will be the two I pretend don't exist.

Can't really argue with disliking a song that wears its intent on its sleeve, although my ears hear that as raw, not as painfully literal. "Hair" happens to be one of my favorite songs off Born This Way, so... go figure. 

But 

I don't like to boast, but

Our truffles are the most

Mad-magical in Amsterdam

So if you have fear, Apollo

Sit on my lyre, and

Play 'em like a piano, man!

are painfully literal? 

Edited by drbumblenut

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dylangaga

• drbumblenut

• djBuffoon

Top Posters In This Topic

She said the lyrics on the album are fun and immature, wtf were you expecting  :smh:

Do What You Want, Applause, Venus, Sex Dreams.....these songs aren't serious. They are fun.

But just because something is supposed to be fun and non-serious doesn't make it immune to quality. The lyrics to MJH and the execution of its concept to me is incredibly lame. Its attempt to be a bud anthem is a total failure just as Hair failed to be an empowerment anthem. Sometimes she gets way too blatant and it just comes off lame.

I don't like to boast, but

Our truffles are the most

Mad-magical in Amsterdam

So if you have fear, Apollo

Sit on my lyre, and

Play 'em like a piano, man!

are painfully literal? 

She references Apollo so obviously the song has intellectual appeal? Not.

"when i ignite the flames and put you to my mouth, the grass heats up my insides and my brunette starts to sprout"

Edited by citylights

australiagaga

Do What You Want, Applause, Venus, Sex Dreams.....these songs aren't serious. They are fun.

But just because something is supposed to be fun and non-serious doesn't make it immune to quality. The lyrics to MJH and the execution of its concept to me is incredibly lame. Its attempt to be a bud anthem is a total failure just as Hair failed to be an empowerment anthem. Sometimes she gets way too literal and it just comes off lame.

MJH, I feel as though that's a fun, immature song. It's not trying to be anything else, and that's what's so good about it. It's a catchy, well-produced party song. What were you expecting it to be haha. 

MJH, I feel as though that's a fun, immature song. It's not trying to be anything else, and that's what's so good about it. It's a catchy, well-produced party song. What were you expecting it to be haha. 

Just Dance is a catchy well produced party song that doesn't take itself seriously.

Applause is a catchy well produced party song that doesn't take itself seriously.

Telephone is a catchy well produced party song that doesn't take itself seriously.

MJH is her attempt at creating a fun bud anthem but its just try hard and embarrassing. Shes like one of those girls in high school that talks about how she smokes weed really loudly so everyone can hear her because she wants them to know shes down. Like its not cool if you're not chill about it.

Edited by citylights

drbumblenut

But just because something is supposed to be fun and non-serious doesn't make it immune to quality. The lyrics to MJH and the execution of its concept to me is incredibly lame. Its attempt to be a bud anthem is a total failure just as Hair failed to be an empowerment anthem. Sometimes she gets way too literal and it just comes off lame.

She references Apollo so obviously the song has intellectual appeal? Not.

"when i ignite the flames and put you to my mouth, the grass heats up my insides and my brunette starts to sprout"

Well no, but it's not it's about weed, either. It's just d--g-trip fantasy. like "Venus," those lines are psychedelia hinged on mythology we all know about. 

The song is like dropping acid and walking into a circus tent. There's a swagger to Gaga's delivery that sounds like a funhouse invitation from hell and that's fun for me.

Edited by drbumblenut

Aaaaaaaaaand MJH just totally clicked with me. Totally. 

I honestly can't wait to listen to the album in full. Like Gaga said, i really think ARTPOP has to be enjoyed from beginning to end.... I think it will make A LOT of sense. 

Dudes

GaGa said from Day ONE that ARTPOP was gonna have a lack of maturity compared to her past works (namely Born This Way)

She doesn't necessarily owe it to ANYONE to always be deep and insightful with her lyrics. She's human. She's allowed to have fun too.

Have a seat.

HarryTheNight

love it so much and was so worried about it before i heard it, the beat is insane and the lyrics while being pretty blatant are just fun and you dont have to be into weed to sing along, imo anyway. i love the rich as piss line omg! MJH>>>>>>>Venus

Well no, but it's not it's about weed, either. It's just d--g-trip fantasy. like "Venus," those lines are psychedelia hinged on mythology we all know about. 

The song is like dropping acid and walking into a circus tent. There's a swagger to Gaga's delivery that sounds like a funhouse invitation from hell and that's fun for me.

Shes so deep right? You've got to read between the lines when it comes to her music because theres always something substantial hidden beneath the blatant bull****.

You give this song way too much credit.

australiagaga

Just Dance is a catchy well produced party song that doesn't take itself seriously.

Applause is a catchy well produced party song that doesn't take itself seriously.

Telephone is a catchy well produced party song that doesn't take itself seriously.

MJH is her attempt at creating a fun bud anthem but its just try hard and embarrassing. Shes like one of those girls in high school that talks about how she smokes weed really loudly so everyone can hear her because she wants them to know shes down. Like its not cool if you're not chill about it.

I don't think so at all haha. If it were as you describe, it would really colloquial. It's not at ALL like that. The lyrics are cool, and in true Gaga spirit. 

WHEN I IGNITE THE FLAME AND PUT YOU IN MY MOUTH THE GRASS HEATS UP MY INSIDES AND MY BRUNETTE STARTS TO SPROUT.  :bunny: