• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MonsterOfSpain

• Unicorn De Milo

• Ricochetmatt

• Sleepy

Hey guys can someone please help me understand something?

When she sings (apparently) "I killed my former and...", like... what? Is there not a noun missing from that. Her former WHAT? I just don't understand how that makes sense in the English language haha :wtf:

Thanks!

This is just my best guess, and could be way off, but I think it's possible this line is another reference to a rebirth of sorts. She killed her former--in other words, she killed off who she used to be. Really, since there is a noun missing, we can only assume the noun is implied, and the only logical implication is that she's referring to herself, seeing as that's the only subject we have in the sentence.

Those movie sound effects ruined it.

this

I couldn't get through it after listening to Sophia screaming with gaga :flop:

Don't visit my profile

RAMROD

It is amazing!

Exactly the same.

Si I swear I do not know what sone of you guys rambling about tbh!!!

I am very happy that I can finally hear ot in HQ!! :legend:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Miranda Sings

Can people not understand that this is a cut down version. The actual release will have the full chorus/ending.

zexion_armando

So what exactly was the purpose of this.

Doesn't Machete Kills or its movie studio that they can show this on, rather than Gaga showing us some cut up Frankenstein's monster version?

TimisaMonster

This is the FIRST time in the history of my being a fan of Gaga since the beginning that I'm utterly disappointed in how the final version is worse than the demo...The vocals in the first verse were so weak and "talkish", the intro didn't change much with that "telephoned voice", the actors talking over the song ruined it, and overall... :emo:

The only positive thing is I now know the correct lyrics...:shrug:

Edited by TimisaMonster
Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

shaneybaby

I definitely like the demo more, she seems to be almost talking in a weird voice in this version and singing more in the demo that i love 

I understand that you guys are disappointed but.. is it really so bad? I mean if you like the demo better, you have it, you can listen to it instead... No one will be pointing a gun at you forcing you to listen to this :)

I need those over produce and aggressive vocals tho

What the actual **** is up with the "You ought to pity me cause there's always one man to love" part? Holy ****....

hoogifpt7.gif

It sounds like she just gave up while recording the first verse. "Screw it, I hate this song anyway."

The "it's not a statement as much as just a move of passion" is worse too; it lacks the inflection that made it so ridiculous and extravagant.

Thankfully the best line in the whole song was left untouched: "I may not walk on your street or shoot a gun on your soil." :legend: Give me that distortion and autotuned goodness, Gagz.

At the end of the day, this is a major "be careful what you wish for." I wanted a change in the production so it sounded less sparse in the verses, especially the first verse, not for the vocals to be re-recorded and lose their oomph. A clean version of the demo with soopah cool production so it didn't just sound like she took that Infected Mushrooms track and sang over it... If this is the version on ARTPOP, I'll probably get used to it. Or I might do what I do with half of Born To Die and listen to the demo instead.