Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Infected Mushroom talks "Aura"

Dolev

Featured Posts

Americano

Plenty of musicians would and have said no to working with Lady Gaga.

Yes :yes: It's really frustrating to see how people just make the decision to overreact and focus on a couple of sentences instead of seeing the bigger picture and understanding all of the sides involved here. But I guess that, because it's about Lady Gaga, it would automatically be a crime to not take her side and judge the other party :awkney:

Didymus

I don't always talk **** about Gaga :rip: I'm not defending them either, btw.

Just stop quoting me ffs.

You always talk sh*t about Gaga and now you are defending this pathetic hypocrites who got a lot of money and they talk about artistic integrity? ok :awkney:

If its written in Hebrew,hand it to me I'll translate it.

EDIT:Oh,nvm.

Edited by Jjang

FrozenKookie

Well I don't think they ever had full control of the situation to be honest. Gaga is like a volcano, and they are the little trees in a Hawaiian island. She has way more power than they do, and if she wants the song, she's probably going to get it. And having "mostly straight fans" has nothing to do with anything. When they talk about artistic integrity, they just mean they didn't really want their song to be altered and cross the border between genres. It wasn't a pop song, and they didn't want it to be. And they're not really playing victim; they're honored to be considered for Gaga's song, they just don't care for pop music. I still don't see how that is hypocritical at all. Money does matter, and Gaga was going to get their song either way. It's business. She wanted their song, she bought it from them. Put yourself in their shoes. It's not really an offer you can refuse, especially when you're just a tree going against a volcano.

Honestly I kinda got that tone there specifically Zedd saying "There is a problem" like even Zedd didn't like the idea, thinking it'd backfire them and Gaga if they insist but Gaga still knows what'd be the best for her music. But yeah I do pity them about it. It still sounds foul to me though, seriously.

Don't worry, I still owe them big time. Needless to say I'm a biiig stan of Aura so this is why I'm really damn affected by this, but I'm trying my best to absorb them sufficiently also. Thanks for the calm manner. I'm honestly having a meltdown, I'm coping :deadbanana:

Americano

The best part of Aura is Gaga' s vocals, the rest is meh

It's the opposite! Her vocals are killing the song at the verses..

Americano

I will say its laudable how hard Lady Gaga pushed them to be credited and properly compensated, she didn't want to use the track unless they were given full recognition for the work. This can take away critics saying she stole the song or whatever.

Morphine Prince

Wow. Them and their fans are a bunch of pretentious, closed-minded, hipster assholes. What a bunch of sell outs then. If you didn't want this then why'd you give it to her. **** them. They aren't that good anyway. I hope Aura actually becomes a hit now and they get no credit and money. They were irrelevant anyway. If it wasn't for Gaga I would have never heard of them. I kind of wish I didn't now.... 

Edited by Morphine Prince

Americano

This was a good reply about this on atrl about how they DIDN'T want to be credited

I find it funny that the music industry has an elaborate tradition whereby songwriters involved in music for other artists always tend to use their passport name or even fake handles, but not their artist names. The MO is cashing-in and hiding from their fans. What a bunch of cowards.

This whole situation has totally ruined the song for me. :(

Now everytime I hear Aura I'll be reminded of this bull****.