đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Applause #9 on Billboard Hot 100

LetsGetHigh

Featured Posts

SomethingMore

These charts look so messy :shrug: I keep reading she's increasing in the radio and the sales are very steady, every single week, and yet she drops a spot.

I know, this is exactly how i feel, i dont understand how she is dropping when everythings so steady or increasing

But Applause is actually decreasing. 

Week 5 : 184,000

Week 6 : 160,000 (-24,000)

Week 7 : 133,000 (-27,000)

It is also decreasing on Youtube & Spotify. Its been only rising on the radio.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DeanSummer

Next week the song will rebound because of the remixes and the big airplay. Also BL and probably the fox will fall behing Applause next week.

THIS !

DS

AlexanderMagno

But Applause is actually decreasing. 

Week 5 : 184,000

Week 6 : 160,000 (-24,000)

Week 7 : 133,000 (-27,000)

It is also decreasing on Youtube & Spotify. Its been only rising on the radio.

Then why do people around here say all the time how great the song is doing and that the sales are steady?

I'm just glad it's still on the top10 after seven weeks (although that's happening with half of the other top10 songs, and they're still charting higher). Either way, always have and always will believe in Applause as the single, that song is not #1 but at least people are enjoying it :legend:

SomethingMore

Then why do people around here say all the time how great the song is doing and that the sales are steady?

I'm just glad it's still on the top10 after seven weeks (although that's happening with half of the other top10 songs, and they're still charting higher). Either way, always have and always will believe in Applause as the single, that song is not #1 but at least people are enjoying it :legend:

If I say someone is delusional, I get a warning point. Thats really unfair. Its not free falling on iTunes but we cant say its being steady.

Gagaloo911

But it's them officially compromising the piracy.

They used sales and radio to measure the popularity of the song, which was conceptually cohesive,

now they are using radio, sales and internet popularity to measure the popularity.

Using popularity to measure the popularity. Smart. I don't believe they don't know all the things fans are ready for in order to get high streaming, I mean all the things when people stay home for weeks and refresh the video and replay the song on spotify using special programms. Sigh

I agree. It helps keep songs and artists which are bound to be popular to actually be popular and chart well since the popular artists will get lots of streaming anyway.

They make it out to be keeping up with the times, which I guess streaming is a big deal today, but there are issues with using it in this chart

ryhanna

Because its held a steady position on iTunes over the last few weeks.

Once it falls out of the top 10 I think it's pretty much over for Applause.

AgusPop

Are you having a meltdown because the  #9 at HOT100?  OMG!! :deadbanana:

You guys have forgotten MTN at #29 :toofunga:

BigDreamer

Im not disappointed with Applauses performance in the charts at all. Not to mention it was very well recieved by most radio stations and the gp. I wish she would have done a few more performances to promote it but there have been so many shows/commercials that have kept its presence alive. 

I know, this is exactly how i feel, i dont understand how she is dropping when everythings so steady or increasing

Some songs such The Fox are increasing with their incredibly high streaming points, that's most likely the reason. Her position in iTunes also may say that Applause is steady at first glance, but the actual digital sales are decreasing, but the same goes for the majority of the top 10 anyway. 

I said the streaming is what's hurting her.....which is weird. You would think Gaga would immaculate streaming. I do expect it to fall out of the top 10 either next week or the week after. 

Applause is a good song and I think also a good choice for the debut single. I'd rather have the second (hopefully good) follow up right when the album is about to come out, than a smash hit debut single and floppy second single to accompany the album release (sort of like Judas...although it's really not a flop...it was still top 10)

Obviously the best option would've been to have two smash hits, but oh well. Miley's twerking and Katy's bigger GP appeal during the height of Applause's reign wasn't helpful either.

I don't think Gaga nor her team have really mastered how to market her yet. It was easy in the beginning but now that she is looked at as an artist, it's like, every decision really needs to be thought out. That's one thing about show business....getting to the top is easy.....staying there is the challenge.

StefJAGermanotta

I said the streaming is what's hurting her.....which is weird. You would think Gaga would immaculate streaming. I do expect it to fall out of the top 10 either next week or the week after. 

Applause is a good song and I think also a good choice for the debut single. I'd rather have the second (hopefully good) follow up right when the album is about to come out, than a smash hit debut single and floppy second single to accompany the album release (sort of like Judas...although it's really not a flop...it was still top 10)

Obviously the best option would've been to have two smash hits, but oh well. Miley's twerking and Katy's bigger GP appeal during the height of Applause's reign wasn't helpful either.

I don't think Gaga nor her team have really mastered how to market her yet. It was easy in the beginning but now that she is looked at as an artist, it's like, every decision really needs to be thought out. That's one thing about show business....getting to the top is easy.....staying there is the challenge.

I totally agree with you about Gaga's team.  When she came out, she was brand new, so people want to know about her, but now that she's established, how do you get the GP to stay interested in you?  I think that's where the music comes into play here.  As long as Gaga writes really good music, there will be a hit somewhere and she'll stay relevant. 

Gaga has her artistry, which will help her longevity.  Gaga will always have a career, but I kind of want her to stay relevant.  And in the pop world, you need to get hits to achieve that.  So, that would explain our obsession with charts, sales and numbers.

Arturo

some people are failing to realize that this is her 7th week in the Top 10.

Here's her run:

#6-#4-#6-#7-#7-#8-#9

These charts look so messy :shrug: I keep reading she's increasing in the radio and the sales are very steady, every single week, and yet she drops a spot.

She's increasing + steadying, but there are a swarm of new releases and album releasing supporting singles above her. So she's steady but people are jumping above her.

Archived