Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

ARTPOP ACT I - Lyrics Topic and Discussion Topic

SMILE2NE1

Featured Posts

drbumblenut

I've been wondering how f'd up Stefani's life was in the year or so before Gaga happened. The MTN video hinted that she was admitted to a mental hospital and / or had a miscarriage, but she also looked wildly d--g addicted in her Bed Bug scenes. 

A bathtub and a mattress figure always very heavily into her music videos and stage shows. I could go buckwild listing them, but MTN was kind of like the decoder ring for the rest of her work. Go back in your memory and she's always suffering or transcending when interacting with these things. Even "Applause" treated the giant top hat like a bathtub! And that character looked unhealthy, desperate, and rapturous, like she literally subsisted on fame. 

Each time she revisits those things, I feel like we're peeling back an onion layer on a single trauma. Is she saying in "Swine" that she used d--gs to fuel her creativity because she burned off that energy s-xually if she wasn't high? Did it get her into trouble? Did she get pregnant from it, then lose the baby in a bad way? Is that what led to personalities splitting off from each other, so she could compartmentalize the trauma?

Boy... we don't talk about this stuff with ANY other popstar. :P

Edit: Oh, and with a song like "I Wanna Be With U," the whole timbre and emotion of the song suggests an end-of-career summation of all that she's accomplished, to a very intimate crowd. It feels like she is already envisioning ending her career decades on, after a long and hard road, with dignity. 

That's why I get "Living On The Radio" teas from it.

Edited by drbumblenut

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dylangaga

• SMILE2NE1

• Bellatrix

• seana39223

I said this 3 pages ago but nobody replied to me  :laughga: At least someone bigger got the word out. And great job with the lyrics, SCRIBES!

:rip:

AyaKara

New Donatella lyrics from Gaga's Nick Grasham interview earlier today!

"I want to dress you up in silk
Tailor these clothes to fit your guilt
What's your size?"

I added them to the OP :)

dontbesweet

I've been wondering how f'd up Stefani's life was in the year or so before Gaga happened. The MTN video hinted that she was admitted to a mental hospital and / or had a miscarriage, but she also looked wildly d--g addicted in her Bed Bug scenes. 

A bathtub and a mattress figure always very heavily into her music videos and stage shows. I could go buckwild listing them, but MTN was kind of like the decoder ring for the rest of her work. Go back in your memory and she's always suffering or transcending when interacting with these things. Even "Applause" treated the giant top hat like a bathtub! And that character looked unhealthy, desperate, and rapturous, like she literally subsisted on fame. 

Each time she revisits those things, I feel like we're peeling back an onion layer on a single trauma. Is she saying in "Swine" that she used d--gs to fuel her creativity because she burned off that energy s-xually if she wasn't high? Did it get her into trouble? Did she get pregnant from it, then lose the baby in a bad way? Is that what led to personalities splitting off from each other, so she could compartmentalize the trauma?

Boy... we don't talk about this stuff with ANY other popstar. :P

Edit: Oh, and with a song like "I Wanna Be With U," the whole timbre and emotion of the song suggests an end-of-career summation of all that she's accomplished, to a very intimate crowd. It feels like she is already envisioning ending her career decades on, after a long and hard road, with dignity. 

That's why I get "Living On The Radio" teas from it.

Same here.

I predicted a while back that Gaga was raped or was involved in something weird with an older guy/family member. It made so much sense during Swine.

ChicaSkas

I posted gagas parts and most of too shorts

We don't hurt making that money

Money Honey on rapped up steriods :nick:

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

I can't at the fans who actually think "Sex Dreams" could be on the radio. Do you know how hard that would FLOP? It would honestly be a disaster. Only the fans would like it for a week and then it would die like Judas, but harder.

tezbear91

I can't at the fans who actually think "Sex Dreams" could be on the radio. Do you know how hard that would FLOP? It would honestly be a disaster. Only the fans would like it for a week and then it would die like Judas, but harder.

wtf.gif

battle for your life.

Confirmed for ARTPOP

Applause
ARTPOP
Aura
Donatella
Gypsy
I Wanna Be With You
Jewels & Drugs
MANiCURE
Mary Jane Holland
Sex Dreams
Swine

Recorded for ARTPOP
G.U.Y. (Girl Under You)
PARTYNAUSEOUS
Princess Die
Ratchet
Red Flame
TEA

Bellatrix

Confirmed for ARTPOP

Applause

ARTPOP

Aura

Donatella

Gypsy

I Wanna Be With You

Jewels & Drugs

MANiCURE

Mary Jane Holland

Sex Dreams

Swine

Recorded for ARTPOP

G.U.Y. (Girl Under You)

PARTYNAUSEOUS

Princess Die

Ratchet

Red Flame

TEA

Omg, thank you! Finally another one who doesn't see TEA and G.U.Y. as confirmed tracks!

BTLpc8QIcAALlD_.jpg

Edited by Bad Religion